I dunno boys…. (LSU/Iowa)

CWW

Joined Dec 2, 2013
Feb 1, 2022
I wonder what her calculus on this decision is. 2 things come to mind:

1) She wants to protect her players from criticism through 2 avenues (coach's decision so blame the coach and/or just pre-empting the opportunity to kneel)

2) Mulkey doesn't think her players should have the option to kneel so she pre-empts the opportunity

I could be wrong and it could be other reasons.
Per LSU fans, this is their practice throughout the season. Seems Mulkey chooses avoidance over giving players a chance to kneel.
If it is an issue with a player or players wanting to do anything except stand respectfully…I would stay in the locker room, also. The courts have said you cannot force a person to stand for anthem or pledge.

Tngamecock

Jan 22, 2022
I didn't know we had so many Hawkeye fans on line...all you experts quick question.... how do any of the teams left starting with NC St stop USC defensively
Yep….5 times Iowa got beat this year. I dare say we have a good chance although some on here love to play the woe is us card in every sport.

Tngamecock

Jan 22, 2022
Well, they are the last team to beat us, right? Probably has something to do with it.
Then bet on Iowa. We missed 4 FTs, they missed none. We were 4/20 from 3 pt land. It wasn’t Iowa’s defense. I like our chances. We beat them badly in rebounds and other stats.

atl-cock

Jan 18, 2022
Don’t have a dog in the fight but saw on Twitter that LSU left the court for the national anthem, so it makes me happy that they lost.
One of the last games I went to at the Coliseum over 40 years ago was when Bill Foster-led MBB hosted Holy Cross. The Gamecocks were in the locker room during the playing of the national anthem, and the Crusader team was on the court standing at attention during it.

While I deplore Mulkey's shenanigans, we're a fine bunch to criticize her for this one.

Cybercock

Jan 20, 2022
One of the last games I went to at the Coliseum over 40 years ago was when Bill Foster-led MBB hosted Holy Cross. The Gamecocks were in the locker room during the playing of the national anthem, and the Crusader team was on the court standing at attention during it.

While I deplore Mulkey's shenanigans, we're a fine bunch to criticize her for this one.
Yep... and I seem to remember vividly not that long ago when our WBB pulled similar antics and DS was a social justice warrior.
We have no room to talk.

Reactions: atl-cock and CWW

YankeeRooster

Nov 29, 2022
Double team Clark.
Recipe for disaster due to Clark being able to find the open player better than anyone in WBB. Plus every team that has tried to double her has paid the price. You have to have a big guarding the paint/rim at all times so Iowa does not beat you with easy passes for layups at an unguarded rim, when you let your bigs get dragged out of the paint Iowa dices you up.

Reactions: USCEDGE

Carolina Doc

Joined Aug 16, 2019
Jan 25, 2022
Recipe for disaster due to Clark being able to find the open player better than anyone in WBB. Plus every team that has tried to double her has paid the price. You have to have a big guarding the paint/rim at all times so Iowa does not beat you with easy passes for layups at an unguarded rim, when you let your bigs get dragged out of the paint Iowa dices you up.
Pick your poison. Teams must choose the disaster that minimizes the overall damage.

YankeeRooster

Nov 29, 2022
Pick your poison. Teams must choose the disaster that minimizes the overall damage.
You can prevent the cuts and rollouts to the basket off of pick and rolls, you cannot stop Clark’s shot, so yeah, I’ve picked the poison and it is best not letting the other 4 get passes from Clark for layups.

Latest posts