I dunno boys…. (LSU/Iowa)

92Pony

Joined Jan 18, 2011
Jan 20, 2022
They are both looking really, really good tonight!! (This posted at halftime 45-45!)
Probably a pretty unpopular take, but If we get past NCST, I don’t know if I like our chances against either in a final.

adcoop

Jul 3, 2023
Ha, we have beaten one of those teams twice. Shooting in one game does not always translate to another. Gamecocks by 6-8 against either.

Cybercock

Jan 20, 2022
If CC shoots like she is doing tonight so far, no one beats them.
We will need to be on her like stink on ****.

Reactions: 92Pony
Feb 24, 2024
We don't always play beautiful basketball. But nobody plays beautiful basketball against us. Extremely unlikely either team looks like this in a matchup against us.

But the first half tonight was fun to watch.

Silverspur02

Joined Jan 26, 2006 • Garnet Trust Supporter
Jan 17, 2022
I'm not sure how you stop her. If she doesn't burn you with a basket, she burns you with an assist.
I still think I see an Adam's apple but that's just me.
Her Iowa Men's basketball team boyfriend can probably let you know about that.

• Haha
Reactions: NCCocky

FightingDabos

Oct 23, 2022
If yall walk off the floor for the National Anthem, you will lose! Just like LSU!! Greg Sankey and Ray Tanner are 2 lil bitches

vacock

Joined Oct 26, 1998 • Garnet Trust Supporter
Jan 20, 2022
Is Gillooly available? JOKE

adcoop

Jul 3, 2023
I'm not sure how you stop her. If she doesn't burn you with a basket, she burns you with an assist.
I still think I see an Adam's apple but that's just me.
You have to put a longer defender on her. She will still make shots, but you play up on her. If you notice, most of her misses were finishes around the rim. Playing a 5’7” defender on her. I don’t understand the logic in that. LSU didn’t make a significant adjustment until late in the 3rd Quarter. By that time, the house was on fire. LSU gave up too many cheap points with poor transition defense. Well, if we play Iowa, we know the task. Get back, Make Caitlin work and hope she misses. Iowa has lost four games. One to a team we just beat (Indiana). So we can get this done.

Evilchicken

Mar 25, 2022
You have to put a longer defender on her. She will still make shots, but you play up on her. If you notice, most of her misses were finishes around the rim. Playing a 5’7” defender on her. I don’t understand the logic in that. LSU didn’t make a significant adjustment until late in the 3rd Quarter. By that time, the house was on fire. LSU gave up too many cheap points with poor transition defense. Well, if we play Iowa, we know the task. Get back, Make Caitlin work and hope she misses. Iowa has lost four games. One to a team we just beat (Indiana). So we can get this done.
In addition to guarding CC effectively, our team needs to set the tone physically, and we absolutely need to make 8+ three pointers. If we fall behind in Q3, we are toast. This is assuming we beat NC State…

Reactions: 92Pony

adcoop

Jul 3, 2023
Don’t have a dog in the fight but saw on Twitter that LSU left the court for the national anthem, so it makes me happy that they lost.
Mulkey said they were not told when the Anthem was to be played and that it was unintentional. Said they leave and return at a certain time. I don’t see them intentionally creating that distraction today.

YankeeRooster

Nov 29, 2022
PaoPao better not come out guarding Clark……put her on Marshall when she is in. I want to see a ton of Lay if we play Iowa….match incredible skills with incredible skills….

Reactions: Whiterockcock69

KingWard

Feb 15, 2022
Mulkey said they were not told when the Anthem was to be played and that it was unintentional. Said they leave and return at a certain time. I don’t see them intentionally creating that distraction today.
I agree. I think this is a non-issue.

Reactions: Whiterockcock69

Uscg1984

Jan 28, 2022
I didn’t like LSU’s game plan. Hailey Van Lith on Clark most of the night.
Agreed. She is too short. Need a longer player to guard her.

But on this whole "how do you stop her" question, you don't. She's going to throw up 20+ 3-pointers and she is going to make roughly 30% of them. For the other 70%, you need to grab the freaking rebound. DO NOT get so caught up in trying to stop her that you leave cutters wide open breaking for the basket. CC has never once scored enough points to beat us, or anybody else for that matter. But do not let those other girls have a field day with junk layups.

Uscg1984

Jan 28, 2022
They are both looking really, really good tonight!! (This posted at halftime 45-45!)
Probably a pretty unpopular take, but If we get past NCST, I don’t know if I like our chances against either in a final.
If all our remaining opponents play their best game of the season and we play our best games of the season, we will win by 20. That is not to say we can't lose, but I'd rather be us trying to figure out how to beat NC State and Iowa (or SC/UConn) than any of them trying to figure out how to beat us.

Beanerball

Jul 17, 2023
As long as Dawn doesn’t play not to lose we should beat anybody. I think she’s not letting Fulwiley play enough in big moments. Play 3 guards and we can rain 3’s better than any of these teams. Cardoso and Watkins plus 3 of our guards is deadly. Hall and Kitts give us great depth off he bench inside, but I’m sure Dawn will stick with Hall to start. Either way, I’d love to see 3 of the guards on the court at the same time more. Who’s going to guard, Johnson, Fulwiley, Paopao, and T. Johnson when 3 of the 4 are on the court at the same time? I’m just afraid Dawn may play the bigs too much when we can out run anybody when the guards play. I haven’t seen anyone who’s going to match Cardoso’s height or Watkins’ freakish jumping ability. Run these teams off the court. Iowa and LSu did look good, but nobody can go 10 deep like we can.

Cackmandu

Feb 2, 2022
Man, there was some great passing and shooting in that game last night! If we are on I don't see anyone beating our defense and depth, but we have to be on!

18IsTheMan

Jan 19, 2022
Per LSU fans, this is their practice throughout the season. Seems Mulkey chooses avoidance over giving players a chance to kneel.

Reactions: kidrobinski
Mar 8, 2023
If USC can get past NC State, they can beat UCONN, but I don' think they can beat Iowa. NC State will be tough because USC has not defended the perimeter very well and the Wolfpack have a kid that is lighting it up right now... think she was 7-9 for night from three point land the other night. If they win, USC could wear down UCONN with their depth, but Clark is unstoppable. The best thing to do IMO is guard all the others really well so that when she drives and passes, they can't score. What makes Clark great is her ability to find the open player when you collapse on her as she drives to the basket and those other players get layups. USC does not have an individual defender good enough this year. Just my opinion. Hope I'm wrong.

Evilchicken

Mar 25, 2022
If USC can get past NC State, they can beat UCONN, but I don' think they can beat Iowa. NC State will be tough because USC has not defended the perimeter very well and the Wolfpack have a kid that is lighting it up right now... think she was 7-9 for night from three point land the other night. If they win, USC could wear down UCONN with their depth, but Clark is unstoppable. The best thing to do IMO is guard all the others really well so that when she drives and passes, they can't score. What makes Clark great is her ability to find the open player when you collapse on her as she drives to the basket and those other players get layups. USC does not have an individual defender good enough this year. Just my opinion. Hope I'm wrong.
Iowa is THE team of destiny right now. CC is an alien! IF Carolina wins against NC State, we will need a full team effort to beat Iowa--everybody in double digits, defense on fire, neutralize cuts to the basket, limit CC's court vision and force bad passes. What's scary is how good CC's teammates are playing right now.

Reactions: DrMickeySC and CWW

Beanerball

Jul 17, 2023
All due respect, that’s all bull. We are 10 deep with the best front line and 4 guards who can shoot very well from 3 . I love Dawn, but if we don’t win I’m going the question a conservative approach if she decides to go that way. With our depth, we should run anyone off the court. Win by attrition, play all 10, get them in foul trouble and don’t reign our girls in.

Reactions: Cackmandu

Garnet Man

Feb 25, 2022
Let's beat N.C. State first and see what happens with UConn and Iowa. N.C State and UConn have be thrilled they are being overlooked.
Take care of business first.

Reactions: CWW

JandDSC

Joined Jan 8, 2004
Jan 26, 2022
Yea - let’s beat NC State first and then worry about the winner of the Iowa -UConn game

Reactions: CWW

Rjump24

Garnet Trust Supporter
Feb 4, 2022
Agreed. She is too short. Need a longer player to guard her.

But on this whole "how do you stop her" question, you don't. She's going to throw up 20+ 3-pointers and she is going to make roughly 30% of them. For the other 70%, you need to grab the freaking rebound. DO NOT get so caught up in trying to stop her that you leave cutters wide open breaking for the basket. CC has never once scored enough points to beat us, or anybody else for that matter. But do not let those other girls have a field day with junk layups.
Kitts, time to step up

Motown72

Dec 16, 2023
I didn't know we had so many Hawkeye fans on line...all you experts quick question.... how do any of the teams left starting with NC St stop USC defensively

Feb 24, 2024
Per LSU fans, this is their practice throughout the season. Seems Mulkey chooses avoidance over giving players a chance to kneel.
I wonder what her calculus on this decision is. 2 things come to mind:

1) She wants to protect her players from criticism through 2 avenues (coach's decision so blame the coach and/or just pre-empting the opportunity to kneel)

2) Mulkey doesn't think her players should have the option to kneel so she pre-empts the opportunity

I could be wrong and it could be other reasons

Reactions: vacock

Latest posts