I guess we know why Marshawn left

Fried Chicken

Jan 30, 2022
Yep. Will be interesting to see if our program becomes like a minor league team for some larger programs in the future. The transfer rules + NIL + Expansion is ruining college football. Some of the big time programs can pick and choose the players they want and the NCAA won’t do a thing about it. Combine that with no clock stoppages and all the BS targeting penalties…I’m not sure I’ll be following it much in 5-10 years. Love the school, but if I’m going to watch professionals play football, I’m going to watch the best players do it in the NFL. At least they have contracts for some accountability.

18IsTheMan

Jan 19, 2022
Yep. Will be interesting to see if our program becomes like a minor league team for some larger programs in the future. The transfer rules + NIL + Expansion is ruining college football. Some of the big time programs can pick and choose the players they want and the NCAA won’t do a thing about it. Combine that with no clock stoppages and all the BS targeting penalties…I’m not sure I’ll be following it much in 5-10 years. Love the school, but if I’m going to watch professionals play football, I’m going to watch the best players do it in the NFL. At least they have contracts for some accountability.
I had a similar thought today. Will we end up being like a small market baseball team who always loses their best players to the big market teams?

Lurker123

Jan 18, 2022
It's interesting sometimes to revist threads.....

Slim Chickens Gamecock

Feb 2, 2022
We better pray the commits don’t start defecting. It would be a disaster if that happened. And we lost all the old recruiting

Big JC

May 12, 2023
Yes and all our hope is on next year’s fr class which will be just as lost
Relying on a bunch of true freshman OL is a bad strategy. Most OL need at least one, usually two years to get into college shape and knowledge of how the college game is played. The vast majority of OL signed by D1 teams were physically dominant in every game they ever played in from middle school through HS. They may have faced one or two defensive linemen who were anywhere close to a physical match. When they get to college, every defensive lineman they face is their equal or better.

Mic4usc

Joined Oct 16, 2015
Jan 22, 2022
I had a similar thought today. Will we end up being like a small market baseball team who always loses their best players to the big market teams?
We should become the Savannah Bananas of minor league football.

Latest posts