I hope we put up a fight at Michigan because tO$U is going to crush us

PSUQbKeeper

Oct 12, 2021
It would probably be in our best interest to forfeit the Ohio State game to give us the best chance going forward. Since we already know we’ll get crushed, we can at least take the L without risking any injuries. The voters will respect our decision and move us up in the polls knowing our team with be healthy and fresh after OSU week.
but we should call it "opting out" to make it sound better, just as players "opt out" of bowl games to prepare for the NFL we could "opt out" of the Ohio State game to "prepare for the remainder of the schedule"

its classier sounding and doesn't make it sound like we're a bunch of pussies

OptionBob

Oct 12, 2021
but we should call it "opting out" to make it sound better, just as players "opt out" of bowl games to prepare for the NFL we could "opt out" of the Ohio State game to "prepare for the remainder of the schedule"

its classier sounding and doesn't make it sound like we're a bunch of pussies
Good idea. Then we can boast that we held the almighty Buckeyes to their lowest point total of the season.;)

PSUwolf

Oct 29, 2021
And Ohio State looked very mediocre against a less than mediocre ND team to open the season. It’s college football. You may see a different team week to week.But, hey, at least we are a fan base that complains about wins. We Are….
I really believe that the time to upset a top 5 team - like Alabama, Georgia, OSU, and maybe Clemson - is very early in the year before they really get rolling. OSU seems to be getting better every week but it's their defense that's catching my eye. They just seem to have things figured out better this year.

But, with that said, I truly believe we have a very solid shot at beating Minny and Michigan. OSU ? Possibly since it's at PSU and if you ask any OSU fan, they hate playing here.

Reactions: bbb2021 and LB99

Got GSPs

Oct 7, 2021
tOSU is really talented, for sure. I think we are even with Michigan overall and have a better shot at defeating them than tOSU. I think beating the Buckeyes is possible, but it will take super human effort by our best players. Minnesota will also be a difficult opponent, but we have them at our white out. I don’t think we need any style points. If we make it through our season with just one loss, it would be tough to leave us out of the CFP. Of course, I want to beat tOSU,

GreggK

May 25, 2022
I will never understand people who insist on being negative. We have a choice in life to be positive or negative. I will never understand those who choose negativity.

And spare me with the “I’m a realist” BS. Fact is, none of us are able to see the future, so none of these thoughts are based on reality. Just a choice, to be negative

Train027

Nov 1, 2021
My opinion is Wisconsin is a poor team this year. An excellent Ohio State is beating a poor team like it should.

Reactions: LB99

LaJollaCreek

Oct 12, 2021
UGa must suck too. Kent state says hi to this nonsense. Psssst, most know tOSU is good, but you rub those sticks together and reinvent fire.

Reactions: A2nit and OhioLion

LaJollaCreek

Oct 12, 2021
We’re reacting to the subject line. Here’s how I’d rephrase it: “Wow, Ohio State looks great, incredibly strong, fast, and deep. They’re crushing Wisconsin.”
Here's what I read......people who apparently watch the sport and still get up and down over one result are a bit slow on the take....JMO there. Yes tOSU is great and everyone with a pulse knows this already. PSU is a decent team currently that still has some holes, but they can play with most teams on most days. Wisconsin is just an average team to date this year and tOSU took them out easily, but PSU > Wiscy IMO. UGA struggled against Kent state as it was 32-22 was minutes left in that game, so from that one result I should conclude tOSU would kill UGa? I wouldn't but using flawed logic I could see how people make that jump.

Get to 5-0 this week hopefully healthy. Get to the bye week and improve and see what happens as the next 3 games after that bye will pretty much dictate this season. You could almost predict a bit of a letdown this week as the kids were so on point the week prior.....and this happens EVERYWHERE in college football from time to time. No matter the school, most teams have down games. We've seen UGa, Clemson, tOSU, and even Bama once in a while just have games where they are on cruise control it seems.

Erial_Lion

Nov 1, 2021
I will never understand people who insist on being negative. We have a choice in life to be positive or negative. I will never understand those who choose negativity.

And spare me with the “I’m a realist” BS. Fact is, none of us are able to see the future, so none of these thoughts are based on reality. Just a choice, to be negative
I wonder the same thing when I read your posts in the USMNT thread…

BobPSU92

Oct 12, 2021
We’re reacting to the subject line. Here’s how I’d rephrase it: “Wow, Ohio State looks great, incredibly strong, fast, and deep. They’re crushing Wisconsin.”

So the real issue at hand is Franklin to WISKY. o_O .

LaJollaCreek

Oct 12, 2021
We were rotating in bench players by the end of the 1st quarter - if we wanted to we could have put up 50+. The experience our backup players are getting will be WHY we are competitive against tOSU, scUM, and Minny
Pretty fair point. This staff has made it a point to rotate younger guys in early and not just when they are up big.

GreggK

May 25, 2022
I wonder the same thing when I read your posts in the USMNT thread…
Touche!

But I do feel like it is a different thing here. The critique I have here is that there is really nothing in this years team, to talk as if it is fact that we will get blown out by Ohio State. It is a prediction rooted in pessimism.

My problem with Berhalter is that he is so tied to his system, that he is willing to lose rather than deviate from it. The market place has spoken, John Brooks and Cameron Carter-Vickers are better players than Walker Zimmerman and Aaron Long and neither of them have done anything worhty of preserving their spot. Berhalter would rather play lesser defenders because they fit his "system and I have a problem with that.

Further, you have Jordan Pefok who was the top scorer in the Swiss League last year and now has 3 goals and multiple assists in the Bundesliga in 6 games. Does Berhalter pick Pefok for the latest team? No, he picks Ricardo Pepe who as a striker, hasn't scored in 345 days for club or country. Pepe, who was so bad in the Bundesliga he was quickly dispatched to Holland.

We have a team, that again, if you take who they are playing for and how much they are worth in the market place, is the most talented USA team we have ever had. At least as individual parts. And yet, somehow, we finish BEHIND Canada in the concacaf, which is unheard of. This Canadian team is certainly talented, but is nothing compared to the USA.

Finally I have such a problem with the boring tactics deployed by Berhalter. The limp dicked backpassing and reluctance to move forward.

This is not to say I think we will get destroyed by England in the world cup. I have so much hope that we can pull it off and I think we have a tendency to play well in the biggest stages. But I think Berhalter has held us back and I feel like I have concrete reasons why.

Last edited:

ApexLion

Nov 1, 2021
I agree with the general malaise here. We suck. What scares me most about Michigan is they win halves. Like in 2020, 2019, 2017, 2013, 2010, 2009, and 2008. They won halves in those games! Just sheer dominance and something to be worried about. Chills me to the bone.

Moogy

Nov 23, 2021
I never tied the two posts together, you did. And I am honored you are tracking every post I make, although I have no idea who you are.

Wut? Of course I tied the two posts together. In both places you were being a negative biznatch. In the one place where you were more reasonable in being negative (looked like we were going to lose the first game after a bad season the previous year), you now claim that was "satire" ... and now you're proclaiming doom weeks out based on some stupid **** like "they beat another team handily, and we didn't beat another team by enough."

Hopefully this one is "satire," or at least you'll fake it and call it that after the OSU game.

Grant Green

Oct 12, 2021
Meh. We'll probably be a 10-15 pt underdog. We've already seen a number of 14+pt dogs win, or come really close (UT could have beat Bama with Ewers) this season. Way crazier things have happened.

VaDave4PSU

Oct 12, 2021
Meh. We'll probably be a 10-15 pt underdog. We've already seen a number of 14+pt dogs win, or come really close (UT could have beat Bama with Ewers) this season. Way crazier things have happened.

What do you show early line wise vs Michigan and Minnesota?

EricStratton-RushChairman

Oct 6, 2021
Wut? Of course I tied the two posts together. In both places you were being a negative biznatch. In the one place where you were more reasonable in being negative (looked like we were going to lose the first game after a bad season the previous year), you now claim that was "satire" ... and now you're proclaiming doom weeks out based on some stupid **** like "they beat another team handily, and we didn't beat another team by enough."

Hopefully this one is "satire," or at least you'll fake it and call it that after the OSU game.
Put the shovel down chief, you're backing up stupid shiit with stupider shiit. Give it a rest

Reactions: NewEra 2014

jyatybb

Nov 3, 2021
We'd be lucky to finish in 3rd place in the WPIAL.

In 4A.

FIRE FRANKLIN!
Not if we can convert a few 4th down conversions in the first quarter in our own side of the 50. Maybe recover a few surprise onside kickoffs.