The more I think about, the more I think we should ride the Shane Train.
He runs a good program (results notwithstanding). The only thing to complain about is the on-field results (yeah, that's a pretty big complaint). But otherwise, he runs a good, clean program. He's very likable, unlike Muschamp. Less important, he likes it here. His family likes it here. Even if he did ever find success, he'd never leave.
The only option is to roll the dice on another coach who, with virtual certainty, will product comparable results.
If we accept that we are what we are (And after 130+ years, we simply have to. To do otherwise is delusion.), why not at least do it with a guy who is likable and loyal? At least then, we'll have some consistence and continuity. Let's end the frustration that comes with hiring a new coach, having hopes built up, only to see them come crashing down and starting the cycle over again 5 or 6 years later.
I know we're supposed to say we want to pursue greatness and all that, but, honestly, that's akin to me saying I'm going to pursue a career in the NBA. It just ain't happening.
He runs a good program (results notwithstanding). The only thing to complain about is the on-field results (yeah, that's a pretty big complaint). But otherwise, he runs a good, clean program. He's very likable, unlike Muschamp. Less important, he likes it here. His family likes it here. Even if he did ever find success, he'd never leave.
The only option is to roll the dice on another coach who, with virtual certainty, will product comparable results.
If we accept that we are what we are (And after 130+ years, we simply have to. To do otherwise is delusion.), why not at least do it with a guy who is likable and loyal? At least then, we'll have some consistence and continuity. Let's end the frustration that comes with hiring a new coach, having hopes built up, only to see them come crashing down and starting the cycle over again 5 or 6 years later.
I know we're supposed to say we want to pursue greatness and all that, but, honestly, that's akin to me saying I'm going to pursue a career in the NBA. It just ain't happening.