IA - MD

NJCat

All-Conference
Mar 7, 2016
21,921
2,073
113
UMD is shredding Iowa. The Hawks are really not very good. Makes Sunday's win look a little less impressive.
 

ubercat

Senior
Dec 9, 2005
4,658
646
113
Let's go Hawks! Just ran the BMac to Skelly play.

(I think I need the Closed Caption app to understand Jim Calhoun)
 

NJCat

All-Conference
Mar 7, 2016
21,921
2,073
113
Let's go Hawks! Just ran the BMac to Skelly play.

(I think I need the Closed Caption app to understand Jim Calhoun)

Calhoun just got done saying "No one will accuse Bohanon of having a good outside shot", and a couple of series later he comes down and drained a step-back 3 pointer. Funny.
 
Jan 25, 2005
3,341
233
52
UMD is shredding Iowa. The Hawks are really not very good. Makes Sunday's win look a little less impressive.
They did beat Purdue, so that makes it impressive enough. 35 point wins in the BIG come along every 50 plus years or so at NU. We played great. Enjoy it.
 

PURPLECAT88

All-Conference
Feb 4, 2003
8,066
1,330
113
.....or twice in <11 months:

2/27/16
NU 98
RU 59

(OK, that was a 39 point win....;))
I'm still not quite ready to consider Rutgers a full-fledged B1G team just yet...in basketball or football.

Iowa is a very young team. They play pretty well at home and will occasionally put up a great performance like the one against Purdue, but when they get down on the road, as they did in Evanston, they can get buried.
 
Jan 25, 2005
3,341
233
52
I'm still not quite ready to consider Rutgers a full-fledged B1G team just yet...in basketball or football.

Iowa is a very young team. They play pretty well at home and will occasionally put up a great performance like the one against Purdue, but when they get down on the road, as they did in Evanston, they can get buried.
Agreed. They were awful last year and I think they had suspensions and/or injuries when we played them. I think that was the largest margin of victory over Iowa since the 1930's.
 

Hans81

All-Conference
Aug 13, 2004
16,424
2,906
98
Agreed. They were awful last year and I think they had suspensions and/or injuries when we played them. I think that was the largest margin of victory over Iowa since the 1930's.
Iowa will be just fine (particularly in the future) due to starting 4 freshman this year.
 
Wildcat Report

Latest

  1. 01 Wildcat Report Fearless Forecast: Ball State vs. Northwestern
  2. 02 On3 NIL Northwestern agrees to 10-year extension on Under Armour deal, will receive increased NIL investment
  3. 03 Wildcat Report Media Day Notebook: Northwestern hungry to rebuild with 11 new players on roster
  4. 04 Wildcat Report Northwestern vs. Penn State PFF Grades Analysis
  5. 05 Wildcat Report Behind Enemy Lines: Ball State