ICE Week 5

Doctor_D

All-Conference
Oct 9, 2016
3,126
2,797
113
Sadly too many people have that mentality.
I agree with you guys but I think you have to do it incrementally.
If you are at the level of Wilmo or CC, you can go out and schedule Morris or Richmond-Burton in the non conference. But if you are Reed-Custer or Herscher as they currently stand, scheduling those types of games is just gonna get you a 56-6 demoralizing loss.
With that said, the conference jumping in search of wins has gotten out of hand and has been for the past decade. It’s one of the reasons that districts were proposed a few years back.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Siu477

Siu477

Redshirt
Sep 24, 2019
71
28
16
I agree with you guys but I think you have to do it incrementally.
If you are at the level of Wilmo or CC, you can go out and schedule Morris or Richmond-Burton in the non conference. But if you are Reed-Custer or Herscher as they currently stand, scheduling those types of games is just gonna get you a 56-6 demoralizing loss.
With that said, the conference jumping in search of wins has gotten out of hand and has been for the past decade. It’s one of the reasons that districts were proposed a few years back.
This guy gets it
 

4Anorth

Freshman
Aug 23, 2025
64
76
18
Isn’t this what the old I8 was? Small schools didn’t like it bc they had to play bigger schools a couple times a year. It’s not a bad idea, just seems like you’ll run into same problems as before.
I'm so old when I played at Minooka in '77 and '78 we were in the conference with Lisle,Dwight,Wilmington,Yorkville,Lemont,Planwich(Plano and Sandwich combined schools) Westmont was a new school and I think Coal City also.....might of been NEC..?? Had about 600 kids in Minooka back then...man that was an eternity ago😂
 
  • Like
Reactions: 4Afan and Doctor_D

Doctor_D

All-Conference
Oct 9, 2016
3,126
2,797
113
I'm so old when I played at Minooka in '77 and '78 we were in the conference with Lisle,Dwight,Wilmington,Yorkville,Lemont,Planwich(Plano and Sandwich combined schools) Westmont was a new school and I think Coal City also.....might of been NEC..?? Had about 600 kids in Minooka back then...man that was an eternity ago😂
****… I thought I was old lol.
 
Edgy Tim

Latest

  1. 01 Edgy Tim Podcast: 3rd and Leng with Josh Jostes
  2. 02 CaneSport football recruiting Five-star EDGE Kameron McGee, nation's No. 2 ranked recruit, is 'very high' on Miami
  3. 03 Edgy Tim Football Tonight Live: WJOL Pigskin Preview
  4. 04 Blue and Gold Football Recruiting How Notre Dame is turning up the heat on Chicago Brother Rice 2028 TE Jack McNamara
  5. 05 Edgy Tim Football FREE: Week 7 EDGYTIM Class 8A Top 10 poll