Iowa pulls Ybarra's shirt

El_Jefe

Oct 11, 2021
He wrestled attached at the Luther Open, at 125.

True freshman. Interesting decision to pull it already, for a few reasons: Spencer Lee being one, other being why pull Ybarra's shirt to face 3 D2/D3 guys at a meaningless Open with Cashman at the weight.

Reactions: Dogwelder

MVPFAN

Oct 31, 2021
Speculation is:
1. He knows there will be fill in duty this year and wants to get experience to battle Ayala for the spot next year.
2. Not interested in going to college for 6 years.

Potterlion

Oct 31, 2021
Speculation is:
1. He knows there will be fill in duty this year and wants to get experience to battle Ayala for the spot next year.

Assuming Spencer is having issues with one or both knees, it wouldn't be shocking that he'll want to wrestle an abbreviated season and this makes sense.

watoos

Oct 31, 2021
Speculation is:
He can get fill in duty without pulling his shirt, especially so early. Iowa can win most dual meets without Spencer.
So how does Drew fair against Ybarra?

crockster

Oct 31, 2021
Total speculation. Maybe with Spencer's ACL issues and DeSantos unpredictable behavior they aren't conifident something won't happen, so they pull Ybarra's shirt to fill in. . They also have Drake Ayala RS, and more lightweights coming so they dont want it to get to crowded at 125,133. If Ybarra's shirtisnt pulled they go into next year with 2 new guys, though quality recruits, at 125 and 133. Who knows the mind of Tom Brands....

Reactions: PSU Yinzer

centaur94

Nov 1, 2021
Can anyone confirm that he had surgery to fix his ACL’s? With the quick turnaround for the Olympics, and recovery time if he gets surgery after this season will put him at a slight disadvantage to represent the USA. He’s proven he can win ncaa without ACL’s. Best in the world is a different story. The kid has always been awesome. Hopefully he achieves all of his goals.

MVPFAN

Oct 31, 2021
Can anyone confirm that he had surgery to fix his ACL’s? With the quick turnaround for the Olympics, and recovery time if he gets surgery after this season will put him at a slight disadvantage to represent the USA. He’s proven he can win ncaa without ACL’s. Best in the world is a different story. The kid has always been awesome. Hopefully he achieves all of his goals.
No surgery. The one already had re-torn a couple years ago and he never fixed it again. Just did PT to strengthen other muscles to stabilize it. Same approach on this one.

watoos

Oct 31, 2021
He can get fill in duty without pulling his shirt, especially so early. Iowa can win most dual meets without Spencer.
So how does Drew fair against Ybarra?
The more I think about it not wanting to double shirt makes a lot of sense.

amattaro

Oct 30, 2021
The more I think about it not wanting to double shirt makes a lot of sense.
Some don’t even like a single.

Cali_Nittany

Oct 11, 2021
Speculation is:

I appreciate the response, but you're still a dbag.

MVPFAN

Oct 31, 2021
I appreciate the response, but you're still a dbag.
Takes one to know one Skippy. Wasn't responding to you so could care less if you appreciate it. I actually think there are a number of good posters on this board I respect (not you). I mainly like to read the good insight while skipping over the crap talk. I rarely post and keep it to basic info if I do. Sure I talk crap at times on my board but I have manners and talking crap on another teams board is rude. I also never say anything negative to someone visiting my board if they are making informative posts vs trolling. It's a PSU board and some people are gonna rip on Iowa just like happens on HR re PSU and that's fine. Being offended by and trying to police another teams board is weak stuff.

Cali_Nittany

Oct 11, 2021
Takes one to know one Skippy. Wasn't responding to you so could care less if you appreciate it. I actually think there are a number of good posters on this board I respect (not you). I mainly like to read the good insight while skipping over the crap talk. I rarely post and keep it to basic info if I do. Sure I talk crap at times on my board but I have manners and talking crap on another teams board is rude. I also never say anything negative to someone visiting my board if they are making informative posts vs trolling. It's a PSU board and some people are gonna rip on Iowa just like happens on HR re PSU and that's fine. Being offended by and trying to police another teams board is weak stuff.

You've never said anything informative on HR.

Hulk

Oct 17, 2021
Brands probably seeing what Ybarra can do, if he beats Glory, Spencer can pretty much rehab for the year. If Glory beats him but Ybarra does well, Spencer can still do the same thing. Lee gets 2 years of NIL payments and may be healthier and stronger for his 4th Natty.