******Iowa vs USC Game Thread******

AFM22

Heisman
Oct 31, 2022
22,112
42,820
113
I bagged mine on the mower and tossed them in the woods. I'm pushing the poison ivy a bit more away from my perimeter by choking them out.
I put mine into a big pile and let my toddler play in them. Now I need to move them over to the garden beds.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Moral

oldxbbc

All-American
Sep 19, 2013
1,917
7,460
113
Somehow we need a stop on the opening drive, and hopefully keep the momentum going! There have been too many nightmares on the west coast in past years and lets make a statement early in third qtr.
 

Moral

Heisman
Dec 16, 2022
11,320
41,043
113
I put mine into a big pile and let my toddler play in them. Now I need to move them over to the garden beds.

In Moline if you put the leafs on the street and the city will vacuum them up. It's really gratifying to drive through peoples leaf piles.
 

2D

All-American
Oct 8, 2013
3,341
6,906
113
I fully expect USC to start getting more daring this second half. Likely won't settle for FGs if they're close enough, along with going for it on 4th and short. Hawks need to keep the ball out of their hands and gash them with the run.
 

r_desihawk

All-Conference
Jul 3, 2025
3,178
4,588
112
Is it too much to ask the football gods for a Defensive stop and then an Iowa TD coming out of halftime?

Would be nice to keep some separation to the end of the game. And not need a Defensive stop at the end to win it.
that would give us a cushion that will be sufficient until the 4 minute mark
 

AFM22

Heisman
Oct 31, 2022
22,112
42,820
113
In Moline if you put the leafs on the street and the city will vacuum them up. It's really gratifying to drive through peoples leaf piles.
The HR lady at my job in Corvallis sent out a company email to warn us that wet leaves are as slick as driving on ice.
 
  • Haha
Reactions: Manfredi and Moral

83Hawk

All-Conference
Jan 1, 2023
1,727
3,886
113
Is it too much to ask the football gods for a Defensive stop and then an Iowa TD coming out of halftime?

Would be nice to keep some separation to the end of the game. And not need a Defensive stop at the end to win it.
We can’t have nice things.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Moral

HawkBall23

Heisman
Oct 6, 2001
5,338
10,122
113
I put mine into a big pile and let my toddler play in them. Now I need to move them over to the garden beds.
What about the dog?


 

3-D_chess

All-Conference
Jul 18, 2025
1,115
1,218
113
SIAP
Owski (not Gronk) has a rushing, passing and receiving TD in this game.
When was the last time a Hawkeye skill position player pulled that off?
 

Passing Is For COMMIES

All-Conference
Oct 30, 2023
559
1,019
93
USC seems to have 0 ability to stop our run game. Really feels like a stop here to open the half would give us a stranglehold on the game.
 

kwik44

All-Conference
Mar 6, 2003
9,303
2,411
113
Ong I thought they weren’t gonna call that.

also usc has receivers wow
 
Hawkeye Report

Latest

  1. 01 Hawkeye Report Football Kirk Ferentz talks loss to Ohio State
  2. 02 Hawkeye Report Football Jeremy Hecklinski steps in at quarterback
  3. 03 Hawkeye Report Football Iowa defense talks struggle to stop Smith, Buckeyes
  4. 04 Hawkeye Report Hawkeyes suffer first loss, fall 31-14 to #5 Ohio State
  5. 05 Hawkeye Report Football Live from the Press Box