Is Alex Facundo expected back?

SRATH

Oct 30, 2021
Alex certainly has elevated his game and being bigger has certainly been part of that. No clue what next year will look like but there is a ton of talent swirling around the program. Since Ruth and Taylor graduated, we will probably come back to the pack. ( never gets old )

ptomaselli

Oct 6, 2021
Next year potentially looks really good too. Right?

125 - Davis
133 - Nagao
141 - Bartlett (if he chooses to return)
149 - SVN/Kasak
157 - Haines
165 - Mesenbrink
174 - Facundo
184 - Barr
197 - Cochran/Mirasola?
285 - Kerk (if he chooses to return)

SRATH

Oct 30, 2021
Next year potentially looks really good too. Right?

125 - Davis
133 - Nagao
141 - Bartlett (if he chooses to return)
149 - SVN/Kasak
157 - Haines
165 - Mesenbrink
174 - Facundo
184 - Barr
197 - Cochran/Mirasola?
285 - Kerk (if he chooses to return)
One would think that would be a very solid line-up. There is some pent up young talent at OSU and UM always goes out and finds guys. Iowa is a mess right now but they will right the ship in time.

Plus factor in Lilledahl at 125, Sealey at 165 and Ryder at 174 and those are just the top flight studs. Ryder is at M2, the same path Kasak and Haines took and they are ok. While it is just my opinion, guys are coming into the program with very disciplined lifestyles.....knowing that is the culture. Given the success at the college level and beyond, why buck the system?

Sure, losing Carter and Aaron will be steps back. Honestly, Bartlett could go and we might not miss too much of a beat, with either Kasak moving down or Davis, Nagao and Lilledahl moving up.

It will be fun to see it all shake out. We thought the room was deep this year, it gets deeper next year.

BWFight

Oct 30, 2021
One would think that would be a very solid line-up. There is some pent up young talent at OSU and UM always goes out and finds guys. Iowa is a mess right now but they will right the ship in time.

Plus factor in Lilledahl at 125, Sealey at 165 and Ryder at 174 and those are just the top flight studs. Ryder is at M2, the same path Kasak and Haines took and they are ok. While it is just my opinion, guys are coming into the program with very disciplined lifestyles.....knowing that is the culture. Given the success at the college level and beyond, why buck the system?

Sure, losing Carter and Aaron will be steps back. Honestly, Bartlett could go and we might not miss too much of a beat, with either Kasak moving down or Davis, Nagao and Lilledahl moving up.

It will be fun to see it all shake out. We thought the room was deep this year, it gets deeper next year.
I think Carter will be back next year. The unique opportunity to be the only 5 timer (if he wins this year) will be too appealing to pass up. If so, will Facundo stay?

Spice67

Sep 26, 2023
I think Carter will be back next year. The unique opportunity to be the only 5 timer (if he wins this year) will be too appealing to pass up. If so, will Facundo stay?
Hopefully your right. We all know it’s going to be up to our donors. I’d absolutely love to have Carter back. That would give us the opportunity to break the National team race score.

Michnit

Nov 1, 2021
We will agree to disagree. CStar will head on to other career challenges. And even this week he clearly implied that he is tired of school & going to class.

we will still be rock solid even without him

Mstan85

Nov 29, 2022
Just curious of what he would have to do next year with regards to school. Could he start grad school next January, be eligible, then quit in March? Does the ncaa really do much about that any more? Does anyone monitor academic progress for one semester?

Psuproud

Nov 1, 2021
Just curious of what he would have to do next year with regards to school. Could he start grad school next January, be eligible, then quit in March? Does the ncaa really do much about that any more? Does anyone monitor academic progress for one semester?
He could enroll in the right course and probably have to zero work before the NCAAs

BWFight

Oct 30, 2021
We will agree to disagree. CStar will head on to other career challenges. And even this week he clearly implied that he is tired of school & going to class.

we will still be rock solid even without him
I agree we would be fine without him, and I’m not necessarily hoping he returns. I’d like to see Facundo at 174, but I think Carter will want to be the only 5 timer if possible.

ptomaselli

Oct 6, 2021
I agree we would be fine without him, and I’m not necessarily hoping he returns. I’d like to see Facundo at 174, but I think Carter will want to be the only 5 timer if possible.
I don’t know what “Carter will want”. But many who do say he wants to move to MMA

Reactions: Michnit

Psuproud

Nov 1, 2021
I am curious what the monetary value of being the only 5 timer in NCAA history due to BS extra year versus being a 4 timer and moving to either MMA or freestyle.

Spice67

Sep 26, 2023

Lilledahl is very good. 125 will be interesting between he and Davis. Wouldn’t mind Lilledahl redshirt. Davis should be a bigger 125 next season.

J.E.B

Oct 30, 2021
Lilledahl is the future 125 with Davis at 133. One of them will RS in 24/25 probably Lilledahl and Nagao will be great at 133 next yr. Beau will be back at 141. SVN at 149 with Kasak in RS. Expecting Levi and MM to switch weights. Facundo at 174. Barr at 184. Transfer at 197 or Connor Mirasola with Kerk at 285. Team could be just as good next yr. and younger.

Roar More

Oct 30, 2021
Lilledahl is the future 125 with Davis at 133. One of them will RS in 24/25 probably Lilledahl and Nagao will be great at 133 next yr. Beau will be back at 141. SVN at 149 with Kasak in RS. Expecting Levi and MM to switch weights. Facundo at 174. Barr at 184. Transfer at 197 or Connor Mirasola with Kerk at 285. Team could be just as good next yr. and y
If Cochran is beating heavyweights, he may be work out at 197.

Reactions: ptomaselli and LB99

Spice67

Sep 26, 2023
I guess Davis will eventually be 133 post-Nagao. So Luke RSing makes total sense.
Davis is a small 125. Think he stays there and others will redshirt. It’s only going to help them get more adjusted. Especially Lill….He’s going to be special

Reactions: Chipgazz