Is it me? Or did gym rules change?

s1uggo72

Oct 12, 2021
Back in the olden days before Nautilus was a dirty word, you worked on the machine and when your reps were done you got off the machine so others could use it
Today I go to use a seated arm pull machine that someone is using. He does his set stays seated, gets a drink of water, checks his phone etc. and starts another set. Now I m behind him watching but after his second set and he gets a drink of water, checks his phone etc, I walk to front of the machine and look at him. I finally ask if I can jump in, he says I am being rude. I said no you are. He said he just started his sets. I asked if I could jump in while he’s checking his phone. He just put his head set back on and sat there.
another machine a couple was working on alternating opened up and I used that
So have the rules changed?? Am I being rude for wanting to jump in?

( basically as I type this I know what changed but that’s another story)

Reactions: Bison13

Midnighter

Oct 7, 2021
Back in the olden days before Nautilus was a dirty word, you worked on the machine and when your reps were done you got off the machine so others could use it
Today I go to use a seated arm pull machine that someone is using. He does his set stays seated, gets a drink of water, checks his phone etc. and starts another set. Now I m behind him watching but after his second set and he gets a drink of water, checks his phone etc, I walk to front of the machine and look at him. I finally ask if I can jump in, he says I am being rude. I said no you are. He said he just started his sets. I asked if I could jump in while he’s checking his phone. He just put his head set back on and sat there.

Dunno. I stick to aerobics.

NittPicker

Oct 7, 2021

I don't think the rules have changed. Some people are simply azzholes.

LionJim

Oct 12, 2021

Common courtesy to not walk away from a station between sets. No, the rules haven’t changed.

Bison13

Oct 13, 2021

Nope, he’s a douche bag. You are nicer than I am if you didn’t say something rude to him.