Is my ESPN the only one not working

DrMickeySC

Jan 23, 2022
Well, if Spectrum decided to play hard ball, ESPN called the bluff exactly at the start of college football season.

Of course it could hit any other service later but I’ve been contemplating YouTube TV for a year. If this doesn’t change by tomorrow I’m switching.

And of course ESPN is being greedy. But that’s where all this magical SEC money we brag about comes from. I’m sure half the people saying ESPN sucks (and they have a point) are happy that we get the SEC money and Clemson doesn’t. Well, this is where it comes from.

DaboSits2PeePee

Feb 2, 2023
Well, if Spectrum decided to play hard ball, ESPN called the bluff exactly at the start of college football season.

Of course it could hit any other service later but I’ve been contemplating YouTube TV for a year. If this doesn’t change by tomorrow I’m switching.

And of course ESPN is being greedy. But that’s where all this magical SEC money we brag about comes from. I’m sure half the people saying ESPN sucks (and they have a point) are happy that we get the SEC money and Clemson doesn’t. Well, this is where it comes from.
Dude. DO IT! I’ve had YTTV for 4/5 years and I don’t recall this ever happening.

Reactions: Lurker123

bayrooster

Jan 21, 2022

Disney ESPN pulled the same stunt with Sling TV last season.

Reactions: Johnnysurf

CockyRef

Joined Oct 17, 2020
Feb 1, 2022
I just “borrowed“ my FIL’s Directtv account sign in to watch. About to drop Spectrum. No matter who wins, your bill is going up

Reactions: Stephani97

1vagamecock

Jan 19, 2022
I just “borrowed“ my FIL’s Directtv account sign in to watch. About to drop Spectrum. No matter who wins, your bill is going up
I have Direct TV and I haven't been able to Watch any preseason games and now College football games on Fox because Direct TV and Fix have been fighting for months.

USCClassof1974

Joined Apr 22, 2000
Jan 21, 2022
I have Direct TV and I haven't been able to Watch any preseason games and now College football games on Fox because Direct TV and Fix have been fighting for months.
Probably not Fox, but Nexstar, the owner of several stations. CBS is off in my market, but I get it with an antenna.

Cocky99

Jan 27, 2022
Spectrum and ESPN are going through negotiations! 😂
Despite what happens the customers are going to lose this battle. 😞

CriminalTrakerAlum80

Joined Oct 17, 2020
Feb 5, 2022
I am watching the game on ESPN with my Amazon Firestick...I do have the Disney bundle but I am an Amazon member. I do not know which service is allowing me to watch the game as I am not using my ESPN Plus app to watch this game.

Sweetwatergolf

Jan 20, 2022
I am watching the game on ESPN with my Amazon Firestick...I do have the Disney bundle but I am an Amazon member. I do not know which service is allowing me to watch the game as I am not using my ESPN Plus app to watch this game.
Disney bundle most likely allows you to watch. I have Fire TV and Amazon member but unable to watch. Oh well....

Patriot321

Jan 29, 2022
The banner on Spectrum says Disney is wanting them to pay an outrageous price for all their channels ; ESPBN/ESPN2/SEC Network and many more. Maybe if Disney would quit wasting $Millions on idiotic woke movies they could keep these TV channels at a reasonable price. Just not right for Disney to pull these channels just as college football begins, once again, customers are screwed. I can pick up the UNC game on the local ABC station this week with my flat antenna, but after this week I guess college football will just become even less important.

Patriot321

Jan 29, 2022
Spectrum and ESPN are going through negotiations! 😂
Despite what happens the customers are going to lose this battle. 😞
Yep, customers lose, and it's not just ESPN, it's all the stations that Disney owns ESPN/ESPN2/ABC/SEC Network and more. So basically, if all you have is Spectrum, you won't be watching much college football this year.

Reactions: Cola GCock

Tngamecock

Jan 22, 2022
Dude. DO IT! I’ve had YTTV for 4/5 years and I don’t recall this ever happening.
I have also, but yes, this did almost happen. I’m not sure if it was last season, or the season before. But our opening game, I believe against Georgia State, was going to be on SEC plus. On Tuesday or Wednesday of that week, YouTube TV was no longer going to have ESPN or the SEC net work. Therefore we would’ve had to sign up for ESPN plus. On Friday night, the night before the kick off, YouTube TV and ESPN work it out

Tngamecock

Jan 22, 2022
Your fire stick has nothing to do with who is your TV provider. It’s no different than having Roku. You must be using YouTube TV or Hulu or sling or Amazon TV or some thing. The fire stick is just a mechanism for turning your TV into a smart TV.

Tngamecock

Jan 22, 2022
The banner on Spectrum says Disney is wanting them to pay an outrageous price for all their channels ; ESPBN/ESPN2/SEC Network and many more. Maybe if Disney would quit wasting $Millions on idiotic woke movies they could keep these TV channels at a reasonable price. Just not right for Disney to pull these channels just as college football begins, once again, customers are screwed. I can pick up the UNC game on the local ABC station this week with my flat antenna, but after this week I guess college football will just become even less important.
It would be funny if all the TV providers out there decided to drop ABC and the ESPN group. If they all would do it, Disney would stop this crap.

Patriot321

Jan 29, 2022
Until Hulu has to negotiate its contract again. ESPN does this to everyone, it’s just a matter of when their contract runs out.
Disney waits until the beginning of football season to jack up the prices, can't really blame Spectrum for not going along with the blackmail. Spectrum will now have to jack up cable prices again. Most people have a streaming service now, but many elderly customers do not. My Mom is is her 90's and still watches USC football, her and my Dad watched it for years. I'll have to call and tell her tomorrow that she won't be able to watch the opener, and likely very few in the future.

Reactions: Tngamecock

Tngamecock

Jan 22, 2022
Disney waits until the beginning of football season to jack up the prices, can't really blame Spectrum for not going along with the blackmail. Spectrum will now have to jack up cable prices again. Most people have a streaming service now, but many elderly customers do not. My Mom is is her 90's and still watches USC football, her and my Dad watched it for years. I'll have to call and tell her tomorrow that she won't be able to watch the opener, and likely very few in the future.
My heart is with your mother. My mom and dad loved football and that’s why we had to keep their cable TV subscription because they could not navigate the streaming world

Tngamecock

Jan 22, 2022
And duck fisney

Sparklecity

Jan 20, 2022
The UNC game comes on ABC according to my guide so she can still watch it.

Sparklecity

Jan 20, 2022
I could be wrong but looks like a double edge sword to me. If you have a product and stores don't sale it you are losing $. Sure some will find your product somewhere else but some won't. ESPN lost alot of viewers last night.

Reactions: Cola GCock

DaboSits2PeePee

Feb 2, 2023
I could be wrong but looks like a double edge sword to me. If you have a product and stores don't sale it you are losing $. Sure some will find your product somewhere else but some won't. ESPN lost alot of viewers last night.
Not really. They'll just sign up for YTTV or something else. Sure, for that game they probably lost some. Spectrum is the one that's going to get hurt here. It used to be a pain in the butt to switch TV carriers. It's a 5 minute process now. People could have signed up for YTTV in a commercial break last night.

I think the cable companies have been a little flat footed. Kind of like Blockbuster. "No way this little Netflix thing is going to work". I'll never have another cable or dish sub in my life. I know they're offering streaming services, but they're much more expensive. Probably due to the legacy inflated cost structure they have with wired services.

DaboSits2PeePee

Feb 2, 2023
My heart is with your mother. My mom and dad loved football and that’s why we had to keep their cable TV subscription because they could not navigate the streaming world
We put my 90 year old grandmother on YTTV. She was paying $230/mth for cable. She's not technically inclined at all, and figured it out pretty quick. The biggest thing was she wanted to just turn the TV on and have it there like cable. Instead of turning the TV on and selecting YTTV. She likes it much better now than the cable service she had.

Reactions: Tngamecock

DaboSits2PeePee

Feb 2, 2023
Wrong it happened in dec of 2021.
OK. I see that now. Looks like it was down 12/17-12/19. Guess I wasn't watching much sports then. But I also saw they credited subscribers $15 on their next bill.

Spectrum guys...report back if they credit you without you having to demand it.

Sparklecity

Jan 20, 2022
OK. I see that now. Looks like it was down 12/17-12/19. Guess I wasn't watching much sports then. But I also saw they credited subscribers $15 on their next bill.

Spectrum guys...report back if they credit you without you having to demand it.
No, they will just have a price increase to make up for it. It goes up every 4 months anyway

GamecockAlan

Jan 30, 2022
Looks like they are offering Fubo for Charter customers but it will cost you $56 or $69 on top of your cable bill to get ESPN. Also will miss Game Day tomorrow.

muscleknight

Jan 20, 2022
They do this with all cable/dish companies. 2 years ago they did it to Dish TV. They will keep doing this every time a contract is up for each.

Spinal Tap

Jan 22, 2022
Until Hulu has to negotiate its contract again. ESPN does this to everyone, it’s just a matter of when their contract runs out.

Hulu is 67% Disney owned. The rest is Comcast. I wouldn't be shocked if Disney went to battle with them either. :)

Cackmandu

Feb 2, 2022
Well I finally did it boys, returned the boxes yesterday and went with direct tv stream! Then you still have to call to cancel and be on hold for 45 minutes and then they start jumping through hoops to try and keep you, too little too late! Funny thing after losing everything disney I went to view my bill and it had gone up another 10 bucks 5 for tv and 5 for internet. Wish I had done this a while ago as I have been threatening for years! Direct tv is responding well so far, main reason i went with the was bally and braves games, only other streaming service that carry bally is Fubotv.

bayrooster

Jan 21, 2022
One thing I like about YTTV that the other streaming apps don't seem to have is the ability to see the delay in seconds from the live stream to your box using the "Stats for Nerds" option under Info. I think with Sling TV the delay was something north of 50 seconds -- on YTTV it's usually 30 seconds or less. Something to keep in mind if you hear neighbors with cable cheering before you see anything happen 😉

Last edited: