Is this a repeating loop?

oldrondavis

Sep 6, 2021
Rookie head coach inherits Sam Darnold who came from behind to toast Penn State in the Rose Bowl. Did that happen? was he a good coach?

TrojanFireHorse12

Aug 24, 2017
I highly doubt Donte would be as bad as Hugs but I also don't think the bar would be that low, just because he got to a Rose Bowl. He'd still have to beat out other candidates. Don't believe it will turn out the same. The other AD and his backers rushed it and didn't do an actual search for the 3rd time in row. It would be malpractice to do that again.

Gr8ythunter

Aug 24, 2017
It would be malpractice to do that again.
Yeah ..... like that is weighing heavy on them. They do what they want. They will hire the next coach who answers all the questions correctly (PC questions) has some coaching or head coaching experience, and will take the job for the agreed price.
It aint' the same job it used to be.

Last edited:

Pudly76

Jan 31, 2018
While some question her social philosophy, it should be recognized that Folt has loosened the purse strings and allowed Bohn to expand the budget for support staff, and looking at the women’s basketball team I’d say for coaches too.

usc88

Aug 24, 2017
There is a huge difference.
AD Bohn has been there and done that.
He realizes the mistakes not to make.
Bohn seems like the look before jump type.

HRPickenstuff

Aug 24, 2017
There is a huge difference.
AD Bohn has been there and done that.
He realizes the mistakes not to make.
Bohn seems like the look before jump type.
Hold on now. Bohn blew 3 HC hires at Colorado and got fired. He got the Luke Fickell hire right at Cincinnati. That means he’s batting 1 for 4. Not exactly a great track record. I do think that he’s learned from his mistakes. If anything he knows hiring the wrong FB coach can get you fired because it did.

Can you imagine If he took a shot on an unproven guy and they turned into a bust? I think he goes after a big name just to avoid this at least the fan base won’t blame him for trying

TrojanFireHorse12

Aug 24, 2017
Hold on now. Bohn blew 3 HC hires at Colorado and got fired. He got the Luke Fickell hire right at Cincinnati. That means he’s batting 1 for 4. Not exactly a great track record. I do think that he’s learned from his mistakes. If anything he knows hiring the wrong FB coach can get you fired because it did.

Can you imagine If he took a shot on an unproven guy and they turned into a bust? I think he goes after a big name just to avoid this at least the fan base won’t blame him for trying
That's really his only option to be honest. He'd be crucified if he does go after someone unproven or lacking in experience. The tricky part will be nothing is a guaranteed in college football. Although I wonder about Colorado's budget and criteria as a program when it comes to coaching searches. Bohn wasn't there when they still couldn't find a coach to put them back on top or at least above 500. So it's a pattern with them. Hopefully, he's been given the leeway to really bare down on legit individuals that have higher percentages to succeed. I for one wouldn't want to be in his position. lol

Anything he does will be used against him based on perception and subjectivity. Of the fanbase, boosters and the media.

Last edited:
Reactions: HRPickenstuff

Aug 24, 2017
Revisionist history. PSU lost the Rose Bowl. USC didnt win it. Might want to go back and review that PI call.

SC2015Lev

Jun 1, 2019
It’s not a true Rose Bowl either…. Both teams got to play in it because the conference champ went to the playoffs.
They were full ins.
Any other year, and that game is in San Diego, and no one gives it much thought.
USC was technically a fill in but we were the hottest team in the country that year

But what are you talking about with PSU? They won the B10 championship that year and were ranked 5.......

eftzoons

Sep 12, 2021
My take is I am hoping Bohn learned intelligently from his many past mistakes. He's a pro, unlike Haden and Swann before him. And I also think he is a smart cookie, ready to make the signature hire of his whole career. Glass half full, the way I see it. Sky's the limit.

SC2015Lev

Jun 1, 2019
Being hot at the end of the year is irrelevant.

Ohio St was 3rd in the country.
Even though they lost to PSU, they had a better overall record and were ranked higher than PSU. They would have been the B12 representative in the Rose Bowl.
Washington lost to SC but was ranked higher and had a better overall record.

As a result OSU and UW qualified for the playoffs.

Any other year, Ohio St would have played UW in the Rose Bowl.

So yea, PSU and SC both backed into a game that didn’t have nearly the meaning that it normally does.
Ok you're right. That was the worst Rose Bowl ever with two teams that didn't deserve to be in a NY6 bowl......

Learned something new today: apparently tOSU and PSU are in the B12 and the Rose Bowl is played between representatives from the B12 and P12....always thought it was the B10 and P12!

EugeneTrojan

Aug 24, 2017

The only people more blindsided were the rest of the country for someone writing an article about Colorado football. They got it right once and it took a hail mary to do so. they are zero for the rest of their existence. Not condemning bohn for that, he gave them what they were used to.

TrojanFireHorse12

Aug 24, 2017
Bohn didn't have the type of leeway or money that he'll have at this version of USC and certainly didn't have at Colorado. Whatever he got is what the big boosters and alum wanted. Hoping that his choices going forward will turn out like Luke Fickell did for Cincy.