Jack Cristal was on top of his game last night...

Faustdog

Jun 4, 2007
He was very into the game. He pulled out another Cristal classic when of our guys who drove the lane was "knocked to his customary sitting place." He was all over the Vandy fans for booing Gordon when he was down hurt, as he should have been. And his call of the game winning shot by Foster was excellent. It was an exiting moment, and he treated it as such even though his team was on the losing side. He's an absolute pro.

Edited to say that I didn't hear a Randy Stewart reference once. He must not have made the trip.

MSUCostanza

Jan 10, 2007
I never get over that people can't spell the man's name.

And he said Randy Stewart about 50 times, by the way. Mixed in a few Barrys for good measure. And called Shan Foster, "Shane Power" once.

muddawgs33

Aug 28, 2007
And his call of the game winning shot by Foster was excellent.
No it wasn't. It sucked. He got my hopes up and then **** all over them. I heard him say "Foster shoots and it's long"and then he screams "no it's not." "It went in with 2.6 seconds left." I went from screaming hell yeah to #%*# in one instance. Also, He made the Randy reference first shot of the game from "Randy" and I heard it alot more throughout the game. Also, I appreciate Jack telling us that we were all over Foster, but he can't miss. At least for those who couldn't watch the game, knew we weren't given up open shots. Apparently, Fish didn't listen to the game.

lawdawg02

Jan 23, 2007

</p>

zelldawg

Nov 25, 2007
hatfieldms said:
I heard him call him Randy more than a few times last night

It's like he's got "Barry" written on his hand where when he slips the Randy in there somebody pokes him and points to the hand to remind him. Later he'll say "BARRY" scores it! Still thought it was one of Jack's better games in a long time last night.</p>

bozo21

Mar 3, 2008
best in the business. as an ole miss guy, i still appreciate his accuracy in keeping you informed on the game plus his giving credit to the other team when they do well. he's clearly an msu guy but he's not a "homer" in the bad sense of the word. wish we had a radio guy who was half as good.