Jackson Hole - Recomendations

GringoStarr99

Oct 29, 2021
Wife and I are heading there for some R&R on Friday for a week. Have Yellowstone/Geyserpalooza, Grand Tetons/Jenny Lake, and JH Tram on the list already the hotel (Rustic Inn) is across from the Elk Refuge (if there are any hanging out).

Any other recommendations....Sites? Restaurants (have reservations at Snake River Grill on Saturday night and probably one of the breweries Friday night)?

Bkmtnittany1

Oct 26, 2021
Wife and I are heading there for some R&R on Friday for a week. Have Yellowstone/Geyserpalooza, Grand Tetons/Jenny Lake, and JH Tram on the list already the hotel (Rustic Inn) is across from the Elk Refuge (if there are any hanging out).

Any other recommendations....Sites? Restaurants (have reservations at Snake River Grill on Saturday night and probably one of the breweries Friday night)?
Gun Barrel Saloon, Gilley’s, Mangy Moose in Teton Village… enjoy! My favorite place on earth!! Have done Yellowstone ten times and never get tired of being there.

Big_O

Oct 12, 2021
About 5-6 years ago we had breakfast in West Yellowstone. Just stopped into a restaurant on a whim and had the best buttermilk pancakes I have ever had. I believe it was the Timberline Cafe. I can’t vouch for their food now, but their pancakes at the time were to die for.

Bones80

Oct 19, 2021
The Rustic Inn is at the south end of the refuge. Most if not all elk will have moved off the refuge this time of year. If you like easy hikes, Phelps Lake and Taggert Lake in GNT are very scenic. Have a second home out there since 2009. Headed out there June 2nd.

LB99

Oct 27, 2021
Enjoy. One of my all time favorite vacations. Have a Snake River Lager for me. It’s still a little early in the season out there. Take some warm clothing.

Reactions: PSJimbo

retsio

Oct 13, 2021
You may find float rides at Moose, WY for Snake River above Jackson - smooth water at dusk. Float rides below Jackson ride the rapids for thrills and chills. Look for booking arrangements in Jackson.

Dark Sky area is just south of the South Entrance of Yellowstone - stopped at one of several lookout spots at 2 AM to see the Milky Way (described in my book) and thousands/millions of stars - just incredible.

LionJim

Oct 12, 2021
You may find float rides at Moose, WY for Snake River above Jackson - smooth water at dusk. Float rides below Jackson ride the rapids for thrills and chills. Look for booking arrangements in Jackson.

Dark Sky area is just south of the South Entrance of Yellowstone - stopped at one of several lookout spots at 2 AM to see the Milky Way (described in my book) and thousands/millions of stars - just incredible.
You’ve written a book? All respect.

Reactions: FHSPSU67 and LB99

Bessmoney

Nov 1, 2021
Gotta spend a night at the Wort Hotel and hit up the Silver Dollar Bar. Also highly recommended a pontoon float tour. Snake River Brewing also makes some fantastic beers.

Reactions: Bkmtnittany1

psuro

Oct 12, 2021
No recommendations but 'GringoStarr' is a great board name.

Celebrate In Love GIF by Max

Reactions: GringoStarr99