Javon Freeman

Jeffrey Cat

Redshirt
Jan 29, 2005
604
10
0
I don’t know if you have seen him play. I saw him twice on TV games. He was especially sharp against Loyola down at Valpo. He can handle the ball, drive, moderate range shooter and is very quick. Apparently he was recruited originally by our newest assistant Emmanuel Dildy and they have become quite close. Freeman was first team All State at Whitney Young. I think there is good chance we get him. The only question is can we possibly get the NCAA to wave the one year rule. As you know they did it for Mark Smith on the Illinois to Missouri deal.
 

Gocatsgo2003

All-Conference
Mar 30, 2006
47,363
3,841
78
I don’t know if you have seen him play. I saw him twice on TV games. He was especially sharp against Loyola down at Valpo. He can handle the ball, drive, moderate range shooter and is very quick. Apparently he was recruited originally by our newest assistant Emmanuel Dildy and they have become quite close. Freeman was first team All State at Whitney Young. I think there is good chance we get him. The only question is can we possibly get the NCAA to wave the one year rule. As you know they did it for Mark Smith on the Illinois to Missouri deal.

Seems like everyone is getting waivers nowadays, but always hard to tell what the NCAA will do.
 

Booty Maximus

Freshman
May 29, 2001
48,600
82
0
Nephew of Marcus Liberty, who I understand wants Javon to play for his alma mater. Not sure how much reciprocal interest there is.
 
Wildcat Report

Latest

  1. 01 Wildcat Report Notebook: Braun hypes up 'best stadium in football' ahead of new Ryan Field opener
  2. 02 Wildcat Report Recruit Roundup: Buirley leads Big Walnut to win in OT thriller, Cason snags pick six
  3. 03 Wildcat Report The 3-2-1 after Northwestern's loss to Indiana
  4. 04 On3 Football Top 10 games for Week 5 of the college football season
  5. 05 Wildcat Report Northwestern vs. Indiana PFF Snap Counts Analysis