Jefferson might be hurt?

MSUDC11-2.0

Sep 29, 2022
He apparently might have gotten a concussion on his last play against Bama. They were down four TD’s when it happened.

He’s tough as nails so I’m guessing he plays, but I am sure their backup is a major RAT risk

NWADawg

May 4, 2016
The backup QB is mediocre at best passer but is fast. He's been getting some playing time at RB and WR. If true, we better get someone with some speed to mirror him.

BoDawg.sixpack

Feb 5, 2010
Perusing the Hog forums there's not much confidence in the rest of their QB room. Looks like everyone else is inexperienced.

ETA: He's on concussion protocol. Looks like it will be Cade.

Last edited:

hogfan14

Mar 28, 2013
The backup QB is mediocre at best passer but is fast. He's been getting some playing time at RB and WR. If true, we better get someone with some speed to mirror him.
Doesn't sound like Hornsby will be the starter, unless there are special packages for him. The Arkansas backup is Cade Fortin who is a transfer from South Florida, and was at North Carolina before that. But he was a backup at both places.

Arkansas had Kade Renfro, a transfer from Ole Miss, but he tore his ACL last December and isn't quite healthy yet. It might get ugly.

MSUDC11-2.0

Sep 29, 2022
The betting line has continued to go up in our favor, don’t know if that’s indicative of public opinion or if it’s inside knowledge about the injury.

Rupert Jenkins

Nov 29, 2017
I would imagine after all this Tua controversy talk they will err on the side of caution. Nothing against KJ but I am happy for any advantage we can get.

Reactions: HailStateTate

Chesusdog

May 2, 2006
I would imagine after all this Tua controversy talk they will err on the side of caution. Nothing against KJ but I am happy for any advantage we can get.
Watching our defenders bounce off him after the zebras gifted them a first down last year will haunt me for some time.

Reactions: CochiseCowbell

onewoof

Mar 4, 2008
Following the Tua NFL incident and the firing of the doctor, he will not play

Last edited:

patdog

May 28, 2007
He apparently might have gotten a concussion on his last play against Bama. They were down four TD’s when it happened.

He’s tough as nails so I’m guessing he plays, but I am sure their backup is a major RAT risk
I just hope if he does play, he’s truly ready to play and not just rushed back too soon.

Trojanbulldog19

Aug 25, 2014
I feel like I don’t need to tell you guys this… but we all know what’s coming in the no name back up plays, right? RAT
If it were on the road, yeah definitely. At home I hope not. I hope he is a pocket passer with no legs.

BigDawg0074

Oct 12, 2016
Hate that for a Miss guy. I wonder how good he would have been at State when Mullen was here.
I think about that every time I see him play. He would have been lights out at Florida under Mullen. I wonder if they missed him or got turned down.

MSUDC11-2.0

Sep 29, 2022
May not be a definitive answer for Saturday, but Jefferson did not practice yesterday apparently.

Drebin

Aug 22, 2012
May not be a definitive answer for Saturday, but Jefferson did not practice yesterday apparently.
Pittman said yesterday that Wednesday will be the day. If he practices Wednesday they will feel good about him playing. If he doesn't, he probably won't play.

There will be some gamesmanship at play for sure, too. I'm sure our coaches would rather just have Jefferson in there so they have some certainty to prepare for.

BigDawg0074

Oct 12, 2016
Some of you can't wait to get on here and twitter and start posting about RATs can you. RAT this! RAT that! RAT RAT RAT RAT RAT!!!!! I swear it's like you are begging to see it come true so you can pat yourself on the back.
I must be the only idiot who doesn’t know what RAT is.

• Sad
Reactions: KentuckyDawg13

wsjmsu75

Sep 29, 2017
I must be the only idiot who doesn’t know what RAT is.
Think it is an acronym meaning Random ***hole Theory, or something like that. Meaning some unknown, backup player that has the best game of their entire career against us.

Drebin

Aug 22, 2012
Random A-hole theory if I am not mistaken
Correct. We're always excited when we hear that a big player from some other team is out, or that we're playing someone we should demolish....but then some random ******* turns into a first team all conference player and busts our ***. It's as real as a donut: The Random ******* Theory. It's settled science at this point.

Reactions: peewee.sixpack

HRMSU

Apr 26, 2022
Correct. We're always excited when we hear that a big player from some other team is out, or that we're playing someone we should demolish....but then some random ******* turns into a first team all conference player and busts our ***. It's as real as a donut: The Random ******* Theory. It's settled science at this point.
It's like running into That 17'n Team in the playoffs 😀