Jerry Sandusky files a pro se motion for a new trial and asks for evidentiary hearings

realfrancofan

Oct 31, 2021
Oh, you ... always with your jokes! You're too much!

Ziegler & Co. are the equivalent of flat-earthers.
Where do Ziegler, Cipriano, Snedden and/or Pendergrast have it wrong? I find what they all have to say as very believable that is back up with facts and evidence.

Moogy

Nov 23, 2021
Where do Ziegler, Cipriano, Snedden and/or Pendergrast have it wrong? I find what they all have to say as very believable that is back up with facts and evidence.
There are real effing issues going around, in case you haven't noticed. Some numbnuts tried to become king and destroy democracy, another numbnuts is at the helm of a flailing economy, a bunch of numbnuts are stripping folks of basic rights and sending us back to the dark ages ... and you chose to spend your time defending a serial child molester. Grow the eff up.

realfrancofan

Oct 31, 2021
So two police officers and the mother both testified that he was recorded using those words. After the fact, Jerry said "I can't believe I would have said that" and "I'm 95% sure I wouldn't have said those words". And you'll fully buy into Jerry's side of things.

Obviously, there is no point in discussing any of it with you, since you're blind to anything that doesn't set Jerry free.
I am not aware of any recordings or transcripts of Jerry's exact words. The trial testimony is disputed by Jerry. I also believe it is possible for police officers, either intentionally or not, to remember things differently from what actually happened. For example what happened in a different instance in the trial when Leiter and Rossman gave contradictory stories regarding their interview of v4 and their discussions with v4's lawyer.

Yes, I buy-in to Jerry's side of things because I believe he of outstanding character, honest to a fault, and he has maintained his innocence from day 1.

I am willing to consider any evidence whether or not it is helpful to Jerry's defense. The problem is that there just really isn't any credible evidence that shows that Jerry harmed anyone. If you have something, please let me know.

realfrancofan

Oct 31, 2021
There are real effing issues going around, in case you haven't noticed. Some numbnuts tried to become king and destroy democracy, another numbnuts is at the helm of a flailing economy, a bunch of numbnuts are stripping folks of basic rights and sending us back to the dark ages ... and you chose to spend your time defending a serial child molester. Grow the eff up.
Yes, I know there are a lot of issues going around at this time. I am sorry that you are not interested in what I am fairly certain is a colossal miscarriage of justice.

LB99

Oct 27, 2021
Not buying that. It stinks too much of sitting on it for political gain. Also, TSM gave money to his campaign and he later gave them tax breaks after he was elected. He’s as crooked as a dogs hind leg.

Nitt1300

Oct 12, 2021
In state courts, I would agree with you. However, in federal courts where Judges are not elected and not influenced as much by public opinion; I think there is a chance that there could be traction.
appointed political hacks vs elected political hacks- the difference seems small, if there is a difference at all

OuiRPSU

Oct 6, 2021
There has been a ton of new evidence in the last 10 years since Sandusky's trial that has come out including Snedden's report on the federal investigation he conducted, the alumni BOT critical review of the Freeh report, the McChesney diary, the tape of Andrew Shubin trying to change the story of possible client AJ Dillen and the suspension of lead prosecutor Frank Fina license to practice law in Pennsylvania due to his conduct in this case among other things.
True, but for these things to be admitted as evidence in court lends a totally different level of legitimacy/credibility to them that a podcast never can.

Reactions: Erial_Lion

realfrancofan

Oct 31, 2021
Say that there was evidence that was going to become public that some wrongdoing was alleged on campus in the pretty distance past, that the university was cooperating with all investigations, and that we were behind justice being served to anybody committing a crime. Not much different on the civil front - that we’d feel that victims of any malicious act should be compensated appropriately by those who were deemed to be responsible. Then scrutinize any claim that came our way. You know, be rational.
One of the biggest mistakes the BOT made was not to seriously vet the claims that came in. For anyone interested in what the vetting process entailed, please read the following article by Ralph Cipriano "Easy Money at Penn State."

marshall23

Oct 7, 2021
Anyone here familiar with Aesop's Fables?
Do your own legwork with folks around Lock Haven and Mill Hall.

Moogy

Nov 23, 2021
Yes, I know there are a lot of issues going around at this time. I am sorry that you are not interested in what I am fairly certain is a colossal miscarriage of justice.
A short time ago, Tomi Lahren was on twitter spewing her usual awful, hateful inhuman bile. She wrongfully try to paint a picture of voter fraud (trying to profit off yet another crazy conspiracy). Except the LA County Registrar actually chimed in and explained to her how she was entirely incorrect about how things work. Ziegler then chimed in and tried to tell the Registrar that they were wrong, and they didn't understand how voting procedures work. Because he's effing nuts, and just a bad guy (or just incredibly stupid ... you choose). He was, of course, corrected.

The point being, if you align yourself with crazy conspiracy guys, and you present what very much appears to be a crazy conspiracy, it's going to be VERY VERY hard to convince reasonable people to give you a listen. Sure, it's the internet, so there's a pocket full of crazies to be found on every topic, and it's en vogue today to say anything that happens didn't really happen, or is the plot of some powerful masterminds, so you'll get a cult following on just about anything ... but I'm talking about getting REAL people to listen to what you have to say.

If you're aligning yourself with Ziegler, you might as well just hold a press conference at Four Seasons Landscaping with Giuliani as your mouthpiece, and have caged monkeys throwing feces at the audience while giving everyone shrooms so they can enjoy the crazy trip you're about to send them on.

marshall23

Oct 7, 2021
Final comment, JS didn't get a fair trial. I'd like to see another. If he is really guilty, nothing to fear.
If not.......that's what the parasites fear. Howard Stern?

PSU1969A

Nov 3, 2021
I’ve finally reached the point in my life where I accept that greed, to various degrees, rules more lives than not. In a vacuum it would upset me. But show me definitive evidence that PSU’s legal team pored over each claim individually, and developed an improved strategy to discriminate the fraud by taking them all collectively, and I’ll concede PSU is a victim. PSU was clearly advised that throwing out big mea culpas early and often was going to paint them in a better light in public opinion than fighting tooth and nail. And here we are.
And how much press/public grief did MSU and OSU get? There actions were much more egregious as far as number of victims.

realfrancofan

Oct 31, 2021
A short time ago, Tomi Lahren was on twitter spewing her usual awful, hateful inhuman bile. She wrongfully try to paint a picture of voter fraud (trying to profit off yet another crazy conspiracy). Except the LA County Registrar actually chimed in and explained to her how she was entirely incorrect about how things work. Ziegler then chimed in and tried to tell the Registrar that they were wrong, and they didn't understand how voting procedures work. Because he's effing nuts, and just a bad guy (or just incredibly stupid ... you choose). He was, of course, corrected.

The point being, if you align yourself with crazy conspiracy guys, and you present what very much appears to be a crazy conspiracy, it's going to be VERY VERY hard to convince reasonable people to give you a listen. Sure, it's the internet, so there's a pocket full of crazies to be found on every topic, and it's en vogue today to say anything that happens didn't really happen, or is the plot of some powerful masterminds, so you'll get a cult following on just about anything ... but I'm talking about getting REAL people to listen to what you have to say.

If you're aligning yourself with Ziegler, you might as well just hold a press conference at Four Seasons Landscaping with Giuliani as your mouthpiece, and have caged monkeys throwing feces at the audience while giving everyone shrooms so they can enjoy the crazy trip you're about to send them on.
I am aligning myself in the Penn State case with Ziegler because of his proven track record on this case and his 60 hour epic podcast "With the Benefit of Hindsight" (WTBOH). I also also aligning myself in the Penn State case with Mark Pendergrast, Ralph Cipriano, John Snedden, Fred Crews, Malcolm Gladwell, Dick Anderson, Fred Crews, Joe Stains, Liz Habib, Mike Agovino and the many others who believe that Sandusky, Spanier, Curley, Schultz and Paterno were all railroaded.

Let me also state that I am not aligning myself or supporting a host of issues that Ziegler supports such as women's rights, gun control, climate change and covid policy to name a few. At the same time, I have found his work in the Penn State to be very good and backed-up by supporting witnesses and evidence.

If you can and are interested, please tell me what specifically Ziegler has wrong in the WTBOH podcast. I am guessing that you will decline as it seems to me that you only have a superficial knowledge of what exactly happened.

Erial_Lion

Nov 1, 2021
I mean this is all really silly when we’re talking about a grown man being the witness. He wasn’t some 19-year old college student but was a 26 or 27 year old man. If it was “actionable” it was actionable by McQueary much more so than anybody else. Through all the questionable decisions and half-bits of information we have about this whole situation one thing all seem to agree upon is that nobody told McQueary not to report it to any agency. He was free to do more with the information he wanted at any point and he chose not to. The further I get from the situation the more clearly his failure becomes.
Quite frustrating that he cashed in with all of this.

manweiser

Oct 12, 2021
does anyone ever remember the poster "derrypharmer" from BSD? He died years ago, but was very good friends with sue and joe. He wouldn't say much about it, but one of his last posts i recall was something around the lines of "there is something rotten in this hamlet of state college and when the full truth is exposed it will be shocking."

call me a conspiracy theorist but I still think the second mile was a grooming ground for some wealthy/connected individuals with sick proclivities.

edit: https://www.blackshoediaries.com/2014/9/26/6850035/in-memoriam-derry-pharmer

Reactions: marshall23

GrimReaper

Oct 12, 2021

Last edited:

realfrancofan

Oct 31, 2021

If you can and are interested, please provide what you believe is a crazy conspiracy in what Ziegler or I believe happened in this entire fiasco.

Ziegler claims to be an anti-conspiracy person. To me, the story that he tells in the WTBOH podcasts makes a lot more sense that the OAG narrative.. In fact, the story with the conspiracy is the narrative that the OAG told that Paterno, Spanier, Curley and Schultz all conspired to cover-up the crimes of an ex-coach who was already retired. Paterno, Spanier, Curley and Schultz are all good men who had pristine reputations up tp then and had no good reason to bury the predilections of an ex-employee. The idea that they were protecting the brand/reputation of the football team or the university is baloney as the university and/or football team's reputation would be enhanced and not tarnished for exposing predatory acts.

OuiRPSU

Oct 6, 2021
If you can and are interested, please provide what you believe is a crazy conspiracy in what Ziegler or I believe happened in this entire fiasco.

Ziegler claims to be an anti-conspiracy person. To me, the story that he tells in the WTBOH podcasts makes a lot more sense that the OAG narrative.. In fact, the story with the conspiracy is the narrative that the OAG told that Paterno, Spanier, Curley and Schultz all conspired to cover-up the crimes of an ex-coach who was already retired. Paterno, Spanier, Curley and Schultz are all good men who had pristine reputations up tp then and had no good reason to bury the predilections of an ex-employee. The idea that they were protecting the brand/reputation of the football team or the university is baloney as the university and/or football team's reputation would be enhanced and not tarnished for exposing predatory acts.
I think the main point here is that the messenger is just as important as the message.

NoBareFeet

Oct 25, 2021
The point being, if you align yourself with crazy conspiracy guys, and you present what very much appears to be a crazy conspiracy,
The irony here is that the only crazy conspiracy connected to this case is the conspiracy theory that Joe, Spanier, Curley, and Schultz covered up for Jerry to protect Penn State. There is no evidence to support it, it 's not supported by the facts, and it just plan doesn't make any sense to begin with. Total conspiracy theory!

realfrancofan

Oct 31, 2021
I think the main point here is that the messenger is just as important as the message.
I agree. I don't believe that Ziegler is the best messenger; however we don't get to choose the messenger in this case. Nobody else has stepped up. Dick Anderson is not a bad messenger, but with no criticism of Dick intended, I am not sure he has the wherewithal to be effective to the scale that is needed. John Snedden and Ralph Cipriano have done a great job with the Search Warrant radio show and bigtrial blog but I am not sure how much of a dent in public opinion that they have made. Mark Pendergrast's book "The Most Hated Man in America" was excellent, but it didn't get a publisher that was deserved and needed for widespread exposure. Professor Fred Crews, Rev. Joe Stains, Ronald Smith, Terry Engelder and others have all have spoken out, but I don't believe their message has been widely heard. Do you have any thoughts about who the best messenger might be to help make a dent in public opinion regarding the entire injustice and how to recruit them?

OuiRPSU

Oct 6, 2021
I agree. I don't believe that Ziegler is the best messenger; however we don't get to choose the messenger in this case. Nobody else has stepped up. Dick Anderson is not a bad messenger, but with no criticism of Dick intended, I am not sure he has the wherewithal to be effective to the scale that is needed. John Snedden and Ralph Cipriano have done a great job with the Search Warrant radio show and bigtrial blog but I am not sure how much of a dent in public opinion that they have made. Mark Pendergrast's book "The Most Hated Man in America" was excellent, but it didn't get a publisher that was deserved and needed for widespread exposure. Professor Fred Crews, Rev. Joe Stains, Ronald Smith, Terry Engelder and others have all have spoken out, but I don't believe their message has been widely heard. Do you have any thoughts about who the best messenger might be to help make a dent in public opinion regarding the entire injustice and how to recruit them?
Yes. Michael Jacob McQueary. He’s the only one who knows exactly what he saw and exactly what he said (although so much time has gone by there’s a pretty good chance even he can’t accurately recall either).

How to recruit him? Not a clue.

Reactions: Midnighter

realfrancofan

Oct 31, 2021
Yes. Michael Jacob McQueary. He’s the only one who knows exactly what he saw and exactly what he said (although so much time has gone by there’s a pretty good chance even he can’t accurately recall either).

The problem is that MM is already invested in the OAG narrative to the tune of ~$11 M. It would be nice if he ever came clean, but I think it is very unlikely It would be nice to recruit the PSU BOT or the MSM, but they are both deeply invested in the conventional wisdom. It would be nice if a claimant or two flipped; but the way that Penn State structured the payments to being prorated over a long period of time means that the claimants are incentivized to keeping quiet for a long period of time. I believe the real story will eventually break, but it doesn't seem like it will be in the near term. I believe it will take a courageous act by a judge for evidentiary hearings and/or a new trial or a national media outlet with an expose/documentary.

Reactions: BobPSU92

GrimReaper

Oct 12, 2021

Agreed, but that would mean that he'd have to admit publicly that he lied. Sorry, but Slim is long gone.

Reactions: Midnighter

Moogy

Nov 23, 2021
The irony here is that the only crazy conspiracy connected to this case is the conspiracy theory that Joe, Spanier, Curley, and Schultz covered up for Jerry to protect Penn State. There is no evidence to support it, it 's not supported by the facts, and it just plan doesn't make any sense to begin with. Total conspiracy theory!
It's a pretty straightforward case, without the need for "crazy" conspiracies. The only issues at play are determining who, if anyone, is telling more of the truth as to what they did or did not do, or know. The "conspiracy" here is also straight forward. They all met. They all discussed what to do. Harmful s*** happened that could have been prevented if they took other actions and made other decisions. The only issue is whether their failure to do enough was reasonable at the time. When you talk of "crazy conspiracies," typically the elements of folks working together toward an end, and plotting to that end, are the "questionable" (i.e. crazy) assertions (world leaders and corporate heads meet at some secret location) ... sometimes it's also some dubious end (to plot out the destruction of the current world and implement the rise of a new world order). But, here, that stuff is already settled. It's known. It's admitted to. Schultz, et al. all met. They all talked about this issue. They came up with a plan of action/inaction. And an awful result occurred (unless you're one of those crazies who actually believes Sandusky is innocent ... then I can't help you ... no one can), and their action/inaction, had it been different, could have addressed this better.

So you're, quite obviously, completely incorrect.

nittanyfan333

Oct 6, 2021
Final comment, JS didn't get a fair trial. I'd like to see another. If he is really guilty, nothing to fear.
If not.......that's what the parasites fear. Howard Stern?

Careful. I said something similar a while ago in this thread and it got nuked for.... whatever reason

Not sure how much it would even matter at this point. Even if Magic Mike recanted a very large segment would dismiss it by either saying that PSU paid him off, or so what, Sandusky raped 25 (I'm taking a little literary license here) other kids on PSU's campus.

This hits to the biggest issue in all of this. Most everyone is so entrenched in their stance and unwilling to even listen to the other side that it doesn't matter anymore. Look in this threat for the proof. Someone respectfully asks (IMO) legit questions and for legitimate proof, and they get attacked and called names. And for that reason, short of someone coming out and admitting either A: they unequivocally did it, or B: Everything was fabricated, it's not gonna matter. and even then it might still not matter.

and THAT..... THAT is the sad state of affairs we're in.

Moogy

Nov 23, 2021
And if you are someone who takes the word of McQueary over the word of Curley, Schultz, and Spanier, then I can't help you. No one can.
Your response makes absolutely no sense in light of my post.

Latest posts