Jon Gruden suing Roger Goodell and the NFL

91Joe95

Oct 6, 2021

Nohow

Oct 25, 2021
What difference do the motives make? The real issue is are the emails truly his. If so, they are indefensible. And how would the NFL benefit by revealing them in any case?
Gruden is shameless.

Last edited:
Reactions: Nitt1300

PSUriseANDfire

Oct 12, 2021
Gruden is shameless.
So is the NFL and Goodell. Gruden hurt his feelings in the past. Yeah sure. 3/5 a billion exchanges and only Gruden's contained insensitive remarks. Watch how quickly the NFL settles. If all the emails were released they would probably lose a quarter of their work force.

He was targeted. It is like their search against the Redskins involved Keyword : Gruden.

Glad he is suing the pompous assclown.

Nohow

Oct 25, 2021
So is the NFL and Goodell. Gruden hurt his feelings in the past. Yeah sure. 3/5 a billion exchanges and only Gruden's contained insensitive remarks. Watch how quickly the NFL settles. If all the emails were released they would probably lose a quarter of their work force.

He was targeted. It is like their search against the Redskins involved Keyword : Gruden.

Yes the NFL is shameless and I would like to see al the emails but the suit is frivolous.

BobPSU92

Oct 12, 2021

I’m sure it’s all just a misunderstanding.

NittPicker

Oct 7, 2021
No matter what the issue is, of course people will selectively leak emails. They're going to leak the dirt and not boring routine stuff. Maybe Gruden would be happier if the leaker also made public the emails in which Gruden wasn't being dumb. Would they then cancel each other out and make everything OK? What would Gruden say?? "See, not ALL my emails were stupid!!"

MrTailgate

Oct 19, 2021
Yes the NFL is shameless and I would like to see al the emails but the suit is frivolous.
Well, he settled with Davis on his Raiders deal so the suit likely is based on projected loss of earnings for his coaching timeline and then the period of him returning to TV. Chuckie ain’t a spring chicken but he’s also able to project that someone would want his TV personality for a decent period. Figure he had a good 15 years of earnings left and then all the endorsement money to boot. I have to figure he is asking for a ton. Settle at 25 cents on the dollars and I bet it’s still 8 figures. NFL is motivated to keep this issue from being a mushroom cloud. I’d take Chucky’s chances in a heaetbeat.

Lummy78

Sep 21, 2021
Discovery could be interesting if all internal emails/ discussions become public.
That's what I was thinking. Picking a side in this is deciding if I like the Colorado Avalanche or the 1980 Russian Olympic team better. But, I do think it'll be fascinating to see if anything goes public because of this or if the NFL just writes Gruden a big check to make it all go away.

Reactions: Psu00 and 91Joe95

Nohow

Oct 25, 2021
So he chose to resign, he wasnt fired. Now he wants money.
ButI see the usual suspects are taking their chance to defend Gruden‘s grotesque emails without having the guts to admit it.

Last edited:
Reactions: PSUHarry

TiogaLion

Oct 31, 2021
So he chose to resign, he wasnt fired. Now he wants money.
ButI see the usual suspects are taking their chance to defend Gruden‘s grotesque emails without having the guts to admit it.
Have you seen the emails? Please post a link because I've looked and have never actually seen one of these emails. I'd like to decide for myself if I think the emails are "grotesque" or something else.

Nohow

Oct 25, 2021
Have you seen the emails? Please post a link because I've looked and have never actually seen one of these emails. I'd like to decide for myself if I think the emails are "grotesque" or something else

Nohow

Oct 25, 2021
You know damn well what was in those emails. I can only assume you share Gruden’s prejudices.

Last edited:

91Joe95

Oct 6, 2021
Have you seen the emails? Please post a link because I've looked and have never actually seen one of these emails. I'd like to decide for myself if I think the emails are "grotesque" or something else.

The emails have been suspiciously kept hidden by the media, with only their descriptions and interpretations published.:eek::unsure:

Nohow

Oct 25, 2021
The emails have been suspiciously kept hidden by the media, with only their descriptions and interpretations published.:eek::unsure:
No doubt it’s a plot by the sports media, all of whom hate scoops and sensationalism!
You are kidding, right?

TiogaLion

Oct 31, 2021
No doubt it’s a plot by the sports media, all of whom hate scoops and sensationalism!
You are kidding, right?
He's not kidding and either am I. How dare you judge me! You are making claiming of emails that are "grotesque" yet you have never seen these "grotesque" emails? You are a mental midget and most likely a racist. I on the other hand would like to read the emails before I form any opinion.

Which one is you?

1636779890491.png

Reactions: FTLPSU

PSUinCali

Nov 11, 2021
No matter what the issue is, of course people will selectively leak emails. They're going to leak the dirt and not boring routine stuff. Maybe Gruden would be happier if the leaker also made public the emails in which Gruden wasn't being dumb. Would they then cancel each other out and make everything OK? What would Gruden say?? "See, not ALL my emails were stupid!!"
Living up to your name, I see.

Nohow

Oct 25, 2021
He's not kidding and either am I. How dare you judge me! You are making claiming of emails that are "grotesque" yet you have never seen these "grotesque" emails? You are a mental midget and most likely a racist.
Your posting history speaks for itself, Mr. Racist.

Last edited:

NittPicker

Oct 7, 2021
If you can give an example of that I’m all ears. I don’t care about Gruden either way but him whining about selective release is dumb. The issue is if he wrote the emails in question. He has apologized for doing so. Now he’s fishing for something to mitigate his actions as if other more benign emails would do so.

TiogaLion

Oct 31, 2021
Your posting history speaks for itself, Mr. Racist.
Since you mentioned history, I have just reviewed your posting history. At least 50% of your posts are nothing but insults. Welcome to ignore.

razpsu

Oct 19, 2021
He should sue. He works in the nfl. What happened to employee rights? He may have done those things but the nfl leaked it and that is not good for the nfl as an employer.

Reactions: 91Joe95

Bvillebaron

Oct 12, 2021
What difference do the motives make? The real issue is are the emails truly his. If so, they are indefensible. And how would the NFL benefit by revealing them in any case?
Gruden is shameless.
I think you are missing the point. Gruden’s emails were the only ones publicly disclosed among 650,000 emails arising from an investigation involving the Washington now Football Team. Gruden is claiming, rightfully in my opinion, that it would be next to impossible not to find other offensive emails among the 650,000, especially given how far back in time they go and thus he was singled out for deferential treatment. I don’t like Gruden personally but I hope he kicks the NFL’s butt. The NFL’s statement that Gruden’s claims are meritless is hilarious. Let’s see how meritless those claims are when Goodell is noticed for a deposition AFTER his lawyers are given and had a chance to review the other emails.

Bvillebaron

Oct 12, 2021
If you can give an example of that I’m all ears. I don’t care about Gruden either way but him whining about selective release is dumb. The issue is if he wrote the emails in question. He has apologized for doing so. Now he’s fishing for something to mitigate his actions as if other more benign emails would do so.
See my other post. Obviously you don’t get it.

PSUHarry

Oct 7, 2021

I get the feeling you don't know how email search works.

Bvillebaron

Oct 12, 2021
Well first the NFL has no business selectively leaking emails. Second, let’s see if anyone else made similar comments in the other 650,00 emails. Third, the emails surfaced during an investigation of Dan Snyder and the now Washington Football Team.

Nitt1300

Oct 12, 2021

Nitt1300

Oct 12, 2021
And I get the feeling that the NFL will be singing a different tune about the lawsuit being meritless after the 650,000 emails are turned over to Gruden’s lawyers during discovery.
If the discovery unmasks some other scumbags that will be a good thing. But it will not exonerate Gruden one bit.

NittPicker

Oct 7, 2021
If the discovery unmasks some other scumbags that will be a good thing. But it will not exonerate Gruden one bit.
(y) Bvillebaron feels he's the only person who understands but you nailed it. Gruden can whine all he wants about "selective leaking" but that doesn't change the fact he sent stupid emails. Or maybe he sent follow up emails claiming the prior ones were simply examples of what people should NOT do. Yeah, no.

If other emails are released, it's very likely other people will be proven to have been every bit as stupid as Gruden. I think it'll be great theater watching others twist themselves into knots trying to defend themselves when the facts (emails) are out there for everyone to see. Maybe they'll be pointing fingers at others and play the "what about them" game. Will the NFL fire all of them or just the ones they don't like? The ones they keep will be sent to counseling and that will be that. I very much doubt Gruden is the only one but the "selective leaking" defense makes it sound as though there are mitigating facts that haven't been released when in fact, the emails speak for themselves.