Jon Gruden suing Roger Goodell and the NFL

[email protected]

Oct 7, 2021
I thought he admitted pretty much what was in the emails? I too would like to actually see them but he pretty much admitted it

Still in State Colllege

Oct 12, 2021
At the time of the investigation, I am not sure who was employing Gruden. He was not coaching at the time. I have never liked Gruden but that is my own persoanal bias and if what has been reported is true he is not a very good person. If the NFL released the emails it was a targeted attack on Gruden for likely personal reasons and that doesn't sit well with me. They used to public cancel culture to force him out when they didn't want him associated with the shield.

If they had an issue it should have been done within the confines of the league office and the Raiders not in the tabloids.

91Joe95

Oct 6, 2021
At the time of the investigation, I am not sure who was employing Gruden. He was not coaching at the time. I have never liked Gruden but that is my own persoanal bias and if what has been reported is true he is not a very good person. If the NFL released the emails it was a targeted attack on Gruden for likely personal reasons and that doesn't sit well with me. They used to public cancel culture to force him out when they didn't want him associated with the shield.

If they had an issue it should have been done within the confines of the league office and the Raiders not in the tabloids.

He was working for ESPN at the time.

Nohow

Oct 25, 2021
So does he have any proof the commish revealed his emails?
From the public’s standpoint:
Just because the other emails are grotesque doesn’t mean Gruden’s aren’t.
Just because the other emails aren’t public doesn’t mean we should ignore Gruden’s.
I can only assume that people who want this suit to succeed and have expressed no other opinion on this share Gruden’s grotesque biases but don’t have the guts to say so.

TiogaLion

Oct 31, 2021
So everyone that reported what was in the emails is wrong. I get it.
Yea, I get it too. That's not what I said at all. If the emails aren't out there how could anyone form an opinion? And if all the people that have given their "expert" opinion had read the emails than why are they not available?

Do you ever step back and attempt to come to your own opinion? Because clearly you are just reading opinions that were formed by others opinions.

The emails may very well be damning to Gruden and if so I'll agree, but only after I've read the actual emails and not someone being paid to give their opinion based on how much hysteria they can generate.

Nohow

Oct 25, 2021
Can you explain why the actual emails haven't been released? Seems easy enough to do.
Duh! That would corroborate the source of the leak as the NFL and lead to calls for releasing all emails. Besides, Gruden has admitted to the content of his emails, so nothing to gain and nothing to add.

91Joe95

Oct 6, 2021
Show me the last time the actual emails were released on any other scandal?

I'd say there's a few in this one.

Oh look, here's more.

The media routinely publishes emails, videos with extremely violent content, illegally leaked police reports, etc etc. Really, the bar is so low I have no idea why you're pretending it's unheard of to actually show the offending material. Back to the original question - why won't they release them?

PSUHarry

Oct 7, 2021
I'd say there's a few in this one.

Oh look, here's more.

The media routinely publishes emails, videos with extremely violent content, illegally leaked police reports, etc etc. Really, the bar is so low I have no idea why you're pretending it's unheard of to actually show the offending material. Back to the original question - why won't they release them?
Because the NFL doesn’t want to throw the rest of th personnel at the Washington Football Team under the bus. Goodell protects the owners. It’s a club.

91Joe95

Oct 6, 2021
Because the NFL doesn’t want to throw the rest of th personnel at the Washington Football Team under the bus. Goodell protects the owners. It’s a club.

I'm not asking why Goodell isn't releasing the emails, I'm asking why the media outlets haven't published them, which you clearly seemed to have understood earlier in this thread.

Nohow

Oct 25, 2021
I'm not asking why Goodell isn't releasing the emails, I'm asking why the media outlets haven't published them, which you clearly seemed to have understood earlier in this thread.
The answer is readily available by Google search, but you obviously don’t want an answer, you want to excuse Gruden’s behavior.

Nohow

Oct 25, 2021
I thought he admitted pretty much what was in the emails? I too would like to actually see them but he pretty much admitted it
Of course he admitted it, he didn’t question the accuracy of the content reported. Those questioning this just clearly want to defend his biases as they share them.