Josh Gray to the portal

92Pony

Joined Jan 18, 2011
Jan 20, 2022
I don’t understand what his plan is..…. He wasn’t fantastic here. Does he think he’s going to go to another school, be great, and win a championship???

Reactions: moouclem

DarkCock

Joined Jan 21, 2006
Jan 30, 2022
I don’t understand what his plan is..…. He wasn’t fantastic here. Does he think he’s going to go to another school, be great, and win a championship???
Show Me The Money GIF

Abush

Jan 31, 2022
Josh Gray hitting the portal was mutually beneficial. He can't play LP's style, he has no offense. Josh will find a home, and we've already got his replacement. Butler is exactly the player for LP's system.

92Pony

Joined Jan 18, 2011
Jan 20, 2022
Josh Gray hitting the portal was mutually beneficial. He can't play LP's style, he has no offense. Josh will find a home, and we've already got his replacement. Butler is exactly the player for LP's system.
I'd be interested to know the timing of the workings of outbound Gray and inbound Butler......

Reactions: CAROLINA COCKTAIL

adcoop

Jul 3, 2023
I could see wanting to be dog cussed again at a losing school.
I have never been a part of the Frank Martin fan club. However, UMass wasn't terrible this year. Won 20 games. Finished 4th in the A10. Typical Frank Martin team. Will tease that they are a tournament team and fade in February.

Reactions: moouclem

CAROLINA COCKTAIL

Joined Feb 15, 2018
Jan 17, 2022
Farwell Horse as I appreciate your efforts and humor I hope you enjoyed your stay in Columbia.

In a way I feel sorry for him. It's one thing to be a 6 footer & unable to hit a curveball but, it's another thing to be a 7 footer, from Brooklyn and not very good at basketball. I know, I know, not all Hawaiians surf either. Just saying ... makes it tough.

Tngamecock

Jan 22, 2022
In a way I feel sorry for him. It's one thing to be a 6 footer & unable to hit a curveball but, it's another thing to be a 7 footer, from Brooklyn and not very good at basketball. I know, I know, not all Hawaiians surf either. Just saying ... makes it tough.
Gray did not, yet has not reached his potential. Martin never developed anyone. If you messed up he yanked you and cussed you.

Reactions: 92Pony and moouclem

will110

Joined Aug 17, 2018
Jan 20, 2022
Gray did not, yet has not reached his potential. Martin never developed anyone. If you messed up he yanked you and cussed you.
Revisionist history much? Not trying to relitigate the firing, but Martin developed a bunch of players. The list is long and I don't feel like going back through it now, but for one example, did anyone think Michael Carrera would be 1st team all-SEC by the time he graduated? If a guy was able to stay and play several years for Martin, he would leave a much better player than he arrived.

Frank Martin is the winningest coach in Carolina basketball history. While it ended much differently than any of us wanted, I don't understand the need for Gamecock fans to trash what he did accomplish.

Reactions: hillna2

18IsTheMan

Jan 19, 2022
Revisionist history much? Not trying to relitigate the firing, but Martin developed a bunch of players. The list is long and I don't feel like going back through it now, but for one example, did anyone think Michael Carrera would be 1st team all-SEC by the time he graduated? If a guy was able to stay and play several years for Martin, he would leave a much better player than he arrived.

Frank Martin is the winningest coach in Carolina basketball history. While it ended much differently than any of us wanted, I don't understand the need for Gamecock fans to trash what he did accomplish.

I've never had any animosity towards Frank. He didn't do us wrong in any way. The relationship had simply run its course and change was needed. We knew what we had with Frank after a decade. We were mostly going to be ok. We had to decide if were ok with being just ok most years.

Reactions: will110

will110

Joined Aug 17, 2018
Jan 20, 2022
I've never had any animosity towards Frank. He didn't do us wrong in any way. The relationship had simply run its course and change was needed. We knew what we had with Frank after a decade. We were mostly going to be ok. We had to decide if were ok with being just ok most years.
Yep, like I said, didn't want to rehash all that. I appreciate all Frank did for Carolina - that Final Four run is one of my favorite sports memories, period. There's no reason to take shots at Frank, especially shots that are just patently false. To say he didn't develop anyone during his time here is just absurd.

Paris is proving it was the right decision to move on!

FootballLVR

Sep 25, 2023

The same ones trash Spurrier.

CAROLINA COCKTAIL

Joined Feb 15, 2018
Jan 17, 2022

I've never had any animosity towards Frank. He didn't do us wrong in any way.
Why would you??? He was and is a piece of ****. He didn't get the name of FKING FAT FRANK here at Carolina, He was a KNOWN HS CHEATER in HS when in MIAMI. ABUSE??? ... A GRAND MASTER!!! POS??? EXCELLENT!!! COACH??? POS!!!

Latest posts