jukebox pop extravaganza

fairgambit

Oct 12, 2021

‘God Only Knows’ is McCartney’s favourite track from Pet Sounds. The Beatle has talked up the song in interviews on numerous occasions in ways that he’s never spoken about any other piece of music, and he’s even performed it on-stage with Brian Wilson. The Beach Boys mastermind is one of the few men on the planet who can make even Macca’s knees quiver.

“‘God Only Knows‘ is one of the few songs that reduces me to tears every time I hear it. It’s really just a love song, but it’s brilliantly done. It shows the genius of Brian,” he once said in a past interview. He added: “I’ve actually performed it with him and I’m afraid to say that during the soundcheck I broke down. It was just too much to stand there singing this song that does my head in and to stand there singing it with Brian.”

Last edited:

Mr. Potter

Oct 18, 2021
The best hip-hop band:

Restaurant on the stake-out, order the food for take-out, chaos outside the Spark Steakhouse....

Reactions: ODShowtime

laKavosiey-st lion

Oct 30, 2021
These boys wrote 4 epic songs and all 4 are in my top 10 of all time
kevin on stern was so good he always told him to dump the band good times

Midnighter

Oct 7, 2021
Two of my current favorites - Rodrigo could be the West Coast Taylor Swift but she's a lot edgier and at 21 has a different perspective. She's whipsmart though and held her own with Sheryl Crow at the RRHOF live performances.

And Dua Lipa - just think she's the next Madonna/Kylie Minogue/Lady Gaga. Love everything about her. Great, catchy, danceable music.

Reactions: Lanz and Zenophile

Midnighter

Oct 7, 2021
best pop song ever

Honest to god thought this was about a Starbucks metaphor (maybe it still is) when I first heard it; 'Got a lot of Starbucks lovers, they tell me I'm insane....' instead of 'Got a long list of ex-lovers....'. Taylor rules.

The Man Film GIF by Taylor Swift

• Haha
Reactions: laKavosiey-st lion