June 6th, 1944

SVandST

Junior
Dec 8, 2025
31
242
27
My dad fought in WW2. He graduated from high school in June 1944 so he wasn’t in D-day, but he got to Europe in December… just in time for the Battle of the Bulge. Greatest generation indeed. I doubt we’ll see another generation like it. We don’t have the stomach anymore for sacrifice and to do what must be done.
 

Nits1989

All-Conference
Oct 29, 2021
1,464
2,108
113
I’m Gen X (just after Gen Jones) and I think we’re pretty tough and self sufficient. That generation had grit beyond my wildest dreams. They built the country. They made the greatest sacrifices. They came back and created a middle class. They created law and order. I respect what they did.
 
Last edited:

Warlerski

Junior
Jun 23, 2016
221
280
43
My dad fought in WW2. He graduated from high school in June 1944 so he wasn’t in D-day, but he got to Europe in December… just in time for the Battle of the Bulge. Greatest generation indeed. I doubt we’ll see another generation like it. We don’t have the stomach anymore for sacrifice and to do what must be done.
I don't believe the U.S. could fight another protracted world war that involves sacrifice by every America. We don't have the toughness, discipline or unity for it. Getting people to look away from their phones would be a challenge in and of itself.
 
  • Like
Reactions: bbrown
BWI

Latest

  1. 01 BWI Penn State's Chase Sowell Is the Offense's Lone Bright Spot. Here's How to Use Him More
  2. 02 BWI Football Penn State postseason projections: Could Matt Campbell face his old team in a bowl game?
  3. 03 BWI Recruiting Penn State-USC visitor list reaches 80 prospects ahead of pivitol recruiting weekend
  4. 04 BWI Football What time will Penn State-Michigan start on Oct. 17? Here's what we know
  5. 05 BWI Football Rocco Becht has been here before. Now Penn State needs him to lead it out.