Justin Fields a Steeler

BobPSU92

Oct 12, 2021
The Stillers are going to have russell wilson and justin fields on the roster at the same time? Both have been starters for years. One of them is going to sit on the bench? Yeah, I’m sure that will work out fine.

Reactions: UncleRoyBiggins

Manofsteel200

Oct 27, 2021
I love it. Two starters competing for the QB spot? Huge upgrade over three backups competing for the starting spot in 2023. And we gave up a scone and two cups of coffee. Let the better QB win. If one gets pissed off? No different than Kenny getting pissed when he was benched for Mason. The upgrades this offseason have been huge! Still need 2 OL and 2WR. Maybe a CB. I also see this as….well Mikey boy, we upgraded your team and released some divas. Time to put up or shut up!

LionJim

Oct 12, 2021
I love it. Two starters competing for the QB spot? Huge upgrade over three backups competing for the starting spot in 2023. And we gave up a scone and two cups of coffee. Let the better QB win. If one gets pissed off? No different than Kenny getting pissed when he was benched for Mason. The upgrades this offseason have been huge! Still need 2 OL and 2WR. Maybe a CB. I also see this as….well Mikey boy, we upgraded your team and released some divas. Time to put up or shut up!
I’ve been reading that there will be no qb competition. Wilson is the starter.

BobPSU92

Oct 12, 2021
I’ve been reading that there will be no qb competition. Wilson is the starter.

This will be interesting to watch. wilson has been a bit of a cancer in the locker room in recent years, and he’s played like sh|t. fields isn’t coming to Pittsburgh to sit on the bench, after being the man at T™️osu and Da Bears. The Stillers will be paying one of them a lot to sit around. Could be a sh|t show de force.

ApexLion

Nov 1, 2021
This will be interesting to watch. wilson has been a bit of a cancer in the locker room in recent years, and he’s played like sh|t. fields isn’t coming to Pittsburgh to sit on the bench, after being the man at T™️osu and Da Bears. The Stillers will be paying one of them a lot to sit around. Could be a sh|t show de force.
I’m buying my Super Bowl tickets. I like the shtshow logic here. It’s so strange it might work!

JohnJumba

Oct 7, 2021

I’m buying my Super Bowl tickets. I like the shtshow logic here. It’s so strange it might work!

I like it!

LB99

Oct 27, 2021
I read where they said they want Fields to sit and learn from Wilson. I interpreted that to mean they plan on offering Fields an extension as the QB of the future. He is still on a rookie contract right now so they aren’t paying that much. Russ is dirt cheap for a year. If he stinks, they let him walk. If he plays really well and wants a big deal…they probably let him walk, unless he plays so well they can’t not give him a new deal. Fields is much younger and it would make more sense to give him the extension if they think he can be a good starter in the future. FWIW, I still think they draft a QB in the later rounds. I’ve read that they may be able to get Spencer Rattler later. I’m happy that these moves give them the freedom to go OL with the 20th pick. I’m hoping for the C from Oregon. I also don’t think they are done with FA signings. I think they get Tyler Boyd signed soon.

Reactions: LionJim

Bison13

Oct 13, 2021
Here's the main issue.

There were a few teams in the NFL with worse offensive lines than the Steelers over the last couple years, but they just happen to be playing for two of them. If the Steelers can go offensive line and get a center and tackle that can play, I think either one of these two quarterbacks will be an upgrade over last year.

Manofsteel200

Oct 27, 2021
Steelers will be paying 4.4 million for these two quarterbacks this year. I don’t consider that to be a lot. Then they will choose whether they want either for next year. What I’m concerned about is that they will extend Russell Wilson before they see how well he performs.

Manofsteel200

Oct 27, 2021

None of this is difficult. Most likely will not be picking up fields option. They will most likely overpay to keep cam Hayward so he can retire as a Steeler. Not worried about Herbig. Harris deal would be pretty cheap. The rest really do not matter.

PSUJam

Oct 7, 2021
None of this is difficult. Most likely will not be picking up fields option. They will most likely overpay to keep cam Hayward so he can retire as a Steeler. Not worried about Herbig. Harris deal would be pretty cheap. The rest really do not matter.
The salary numbers will work out and I believe this is Heyward's last season before he retires. I think they pick up Najee's 5th year then sign Warren to multi year deal. Not resigning Pat would be a horrible idea considering the OC they just hired. Then they probably need to sign or draft another TE as well.

As you can see here, Arthur Smith runs a 2 TE heavy offense. Last season, he had at least 2 TE on the field 61% of the time. So it's Pat, Connor Heyward, and Darnell Washington that will be busy this season.

Screenshot_20240318_152441_Chrome.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: Manofsteel200

bbb2021

Nov 14, 2021
Both playing in horrendously bad teams.
Yeah, not a big Fields fan - at all - but the Bears are where QBs go to die. Sounds like they're going to take that USC QB with the 1st pick and it's just about guaranteed that he'll crash and burn with that **** franchise

Reactions: ODShowtime

PSUJam

Oct 7, 2021
Yeah, not a big Fields fan - at all - but the Bears are where QBs go to die. Sounds like they're going to take that USC QB with the 1st pick and it's just about guaranteed that he'll crash and burn with that **** franchise
Justin Fields replaces Trubisky for a second time. Think about that!

s1uggo72

Oct 12, 2021
If I were the Bears I wouldn’t have traded Fields I d have him be the QB trade down for a couple firsts and a pro bowl caliber player plus they have another first. Take Marvin w one of the picks some OL and then some D

Reactions: LionJim