K Clark is allowed to

Tngamecock

Jan 22, 2022
use her forearm to push off on EVERY shot. Unreal she is allowed to step, extend the forearm shove and shoot every time.

Reactions: USCEDGE

Cybercock

Jan 20, 2022
I rarely watch WBB unless it's us but watching this game makes me dislike her a lot.
It's all about her and she makes it known.
WV choked
However #24 is hot.

Reactions: Tngamecock

Harvard Gamecock

Jan 20, 2022
use her forearm to push off on EVERY shot. Unreal she is allowed to step, extend the forearm shove and shoot every time.
And yet her and Iowa were held scoreless for more than 7 minutes in the 4th.
I'm neutral on K Clark, but I'm hoping our fans are not about to go on a whining jag about her since she is now the "IT' player.

Reactions: Lochlloyd

Statepawdog

Jun 30, 2022
I watched the Iowa-WV game last night. If those same referees officiate their games they can beat the Boston Celtics. The women college game referees are absolutely horrible. Iowa is just an average team, but the officials make them unbeatable. Junk on top of junk.

FootballLVR

Sep 25, 2023
So does the center at ncsu. He gets away with a lot of pushing.
It's called bully ball and I hate it. Truth is the guy can actually play without physically pushing people around. He has a nice touch to his shots and is an incredible passer - has great situational awareness.

USMC1974

Feb 28, 2024
I agree with the OP's sentiments: Clark gets away with stuff lesser beings don't.

Superstars get preferential treatment, in the NCAA, the NBA, the NFL, the NHL, and in MLB. Rich, influential people in all walks of life get preferential treatment. In the military, the rules for generals and admirals are different that the rules the rest of us great unwashed must abide by.

Life ain't fair. Our only alternative is to beat their asses on the hardwood. Dawn is working on that.

Reactions: IBreakForGamecocks

KingWard

Feb 15, 2022
I agree with the OP's sentiments: Clark gets away with stuff lesser beings don't.

Superstars get preferential treatment, in the NCAA, the NBA, the NFL, the NHL, and in MLB. Rich, influential people in all walks of life get preferential treatment. In the military, the rules for generals and admirals are different that the rules the rest of us great unwashed must abide by.

Life ain't fair. Our only alternative is to beat their asses on the hardwood. Dawn is working on that.
She's facing her final opportunity - if it comes.

adcoop

Jul 3, 2023
The glaring disparity in free throws says it all: the fix was in all the time.
That is a narrow way of looking at things even though I agree with the assessment that Caitlin gets away with a lot. I have seen teams not go to the line because they don't go inside and threaten the defense. If you shoot jump shots, you are not going to the line a lot.

KingWard

Feb 15, 2022
That is a narrow way of looking at things even though I agree with the assessment that Caitlin gets away with a lot. I have seen teams not go to the line because they don't go inside and threaten the defense. If you shoot jump shots, you are not going to the line a lot.
A "way" need not be broad in order to be correct. In this case, the bias was blatant.

adcoop

Jul 3, 2023
A "way" need not be broad in order to be correct. In this case, the bias was blatant.
The outcome was correct, but the theory is wrong. I have seen coaches complain about free throw disparity for decades and be dead wrong. They know their teams were out there jacking jump shots and wonder why they only got 10 foul shots. In this case, WVU was not really a jump shooting team and should have gotten to the foul line more. Just saying a free throw disparity alone does not necessarily indicate that the fix was in.

Tngamecock

Jan 22, 2022
I'm neutral on K Clark, but I'm hoping our fans are not about to go on a whining jag about her since she is now the "IT' player.
She is the epitome of a whining jag. We wont see them….they are not going to make it to us.

• Angry
Reactions: TN-Gamecock

Harvard Gamecock

Jan 20, 2022
\

She is the epitome of a whining jag. We wont see them….they are not going to make it to us.
Hold on.
You didn't actually go to the " I am rubber you are glue....." retort.
Serious lack of imagination.

upstategc

Joined Jul 31, 2007
Jan 25, 2022
One way to stop it or make her think twice next time - is the defender to take their fist and do a karate chop across Clark's forearm.

Reactions: USMC1974

KingWard

Feb 15, 2022
The outcome was correct, but the theory is wrong. I have seen coaches complain about free throw disparity for decades and be dead wrong. They know their teams were out there jacking jump shots and wonder why they only got 10 foul shots. In this case, WVU was not really a jump shooting team and should have gotten to the foul line more. Just saying a free throw disparity alone does not necessarily indicate that the fix was in.
A disparity of this magnitude indicates it strongly, but this was never going to court and they knew it.

Forkcock

Jan 21, 2022
She rushes at her defender and lowers her left shoulder. Most of the time, she gains an advantage. The defenders need to try and draw a charge more often but the refs probably won’t call it.

Reactions: Tngamecock

Tngamecock

Jan 22, 2022
\

Hold on.
Just stating the facts. Never really thought about rubber or glue. It’s been many years since I was 10 and used that. But whatever helps your counterpoint is fine

Harvard Gamecock

Jan 20, 2022
Hold on.

Just stating the facts. Never really thought about rubber or glue. It’s been many years since I was 10 and used that. But whatever helps your counterpoint is fine
One would be hard pressed to find another example where someone can get so much wrong, from such a short reply.

Tngamecock

Jan 22, 2022
What does Jag mean slang?

To "be on a jag" or "go on a jag" means to be completely unrestrained
Now you can give us the definition of "whining" since I completely misunderstood your hope that our fans don't go on a whining jag about Clark. I simply was stating Clark is he whiniest player I have ever seen. So if I got that wrong, so be it.

Cocky Hobbit

Joined Dec 15, 2014
Feb 1, 2022
You can bet that Dawn is going to bird dog that with the referees and will most likely talk to them about that before the game. She has enough clout that they can't ignore her.

Reactions: CWW

USCEDGE

Joined Mar 5, 2019
Feb 5, 2022
You can bet that Dawn is going to bird dog that with the referees and will most likely talk to them about that before the game. She has enough clout that they can't ignore her.
It may not get to that point. I don't see Iowa getting past LSU....