Kingston …./

JandDSC

Joined Jan 8, 2004
Jan 26, 2022
I’ve never seen a team commit five errors and still lead the other team by four runs. That’s just a testament to our Coach.

Reactions: cocky46

JandDSC

Joined Jan 8, 2004
Jan 26, 2022
Venting but this is just a poorly coached team. Batters will Watch strikes go right down the middle and then swing at balls a foot outside and low

Reactions: humboy

IBreakForGamecocks

Feb 26, 2024
This even with UGA trying hard to help us out - now five errors! And after a strong weekend last week, Messina is 1/12 this series (1 2B), I think 2RBI.

Prestonyte

Jun 1, 2022
RT has done a disservice to Gamecock Baseball by allowing us to get to this point.
He built it up to greatness but has also overseen the destruction of a once proud program.
Kingston clearly lacks the coaching acumen needed to build a winner.

Reactions: IBreakForGamecocks

JandDSC

Joined Jan 8, 2004
Jan 26, 2022
RT has done a disservice to Gamecock Baseball by allowing us to get to this point.
He built it up to greatness but has also overseen the destruction of a once proud program.
Kingston clearly lacks the coaching acumen needed to build a winner.
I’m starting to believe what another poster posted concerning Tanner doesn’t want to hire a baseball coach that will be better than he was. I’m starting to believe that.

Bubba Fett

Joined Oct 6, 2000
Feb 1, 2022
I don't know what to think. I just know this whole weekend has been absolute, complete, total, 1000%, pure TRASH.

AND AT HOME.

We should be peaking now. Instead, we look like a D2 team.

JandDSC

Joined Jan 8, 2004
Jan 26, 2022
I was sitting on the couch watching the game because I am not even gonna pay eight dollars to watch this trash Told my wife every single time the pitchers started to struggle, they better get him out, and you saw what happened. He doesn’t know his players that’s the problem.

IBreakForGamecocks

Feb 26, 2024
Looks like we have pretty much worked our way out of hosting even a regional - although Kingston will talk about how we are really good and deserve to host! IMO, the ONLY justification for Tanner not firing him would be if this team somehow miraculously managed to get to Omaha. Even winning a regional would not be enough even though Ray would use that as a reason.

RUMMENIGGE

Jan 31, 2022
Surrendered 39 runs at home this weekend an average of 13 runs a game. Unexpectedly Gainey pitched the most innings this weekend with five good innings and Good pitched four innings and everyone else was three innings or less. The stats indicate Georgia is a very good hitting team, but I did not expect this from South Carolina in this series. Major help is needed for pitching next season..

Prestonyte

Jun 1, 2022
I’m starting to believe what another poster posted concerning Tanner doesn’t want to hire a baseball coach that will be better than he was. I’m starting to believe that.
I had written that off because that would make him a very selfish man. But I am having second thoughts now.
He will always be the coach who put the program on the map so why would another successful coach be a threat to his legend?

JandDSC

Joined Jan 8, 2004
Jan 26, 2022
To make matters worse - UGA had not won a road series in the SEC in TWO YEARS and somehow Kingston motivated his guys well enough to let them sweep us at home. Pathetic!!

Blues man

Joined Jul 1, 2009
Jan 22, 2022
To make matters worse - UGA had not won a road series in the SEC in TWO YEARS and somehow Kingston motivated his guys well enough to let them sweep us at home. Pathetic!!
... yet they came in here as cocky as any team I have ever seen. Unreal

Cocky Hobbit

Joined Dec 15, 2014
Feb 1, 2022
If we want to raise the baseball standard to the same level of excellence we are expecting from the other programs then Kingston has to go. His teams are always inconsistent except in one area -- they always get WORSE as the season wears on...

Forkcock

Jan 21, 2022
Big time series, at home, with hosting implications. We were favored to win the series.

Georgia comes into our house and pistol whips us into unconsciousness. Our pitching staff looked totally intimidated. Two of our starters didn’t go two innings.

Forkcock

Jan 21, 2022
One week: Kingston sucks!

The next week: Where are all the Kingston haters now?

And the week after: Kingston sucks!
Those that have posted the “Where are the Kingston haters now” stuff are probably casual fans. Those that are diehard Carolina baseball fans wanted Kingston gone 3 years ago.

JandDSC

Joined Jan 8, 2004
Jan 26, 2022
Honestly I initially liked the Kingston hire but as time has progressed - his teams have not - I am over the Kingston experiment and ready to move on. He’s had 7 years now and correct me if I am mistaken, but he has not Advanced passed super Regionals

Big JC

May 12, 2023
The new coach at UGA has turned that program around. They swept Vandy at home before coming to Columbia. Previous UGA teams always faded late in the season. They are hanging tough. Their pitching is their weak point right now but the new coach was the pitching coach at LSU so he will probably get them better pretty quickly.

Kingston and USC baseball are living off of RT's glory days. Pitching is weak and hitting is nothing special either. Every season starts with great hope and high expectations and ends with disappointment.

Prestonyte

Jun 1, 2022
We could just find our usual joy in the fact that Clemtech matched our horrible showing with a series loss and clubbing at the hands of Wake Forest. Misery loves company. lol

Reactions: 92Pony and USCEDGE

IBreakForGamecocks

Feb 26, 2024
SC dropped to 19 in RPI as of today and is projected as possibly 23rd in D1 rankings this week. Pretty sure they’re not going to host a regional unless a miracle occurs next week at Tennessee - and I certainly don’t expect that!

18IsTheMan

Jan 19, 2022
You mean the ones that love the team even when they don’t win, that don’t need to feel ‘elite’ to still appreciate and enjoy the sport? We’re already here, just not inclined to tantrums.

How is it a tantrum to suggest that we should replace an underperforming coach?

Reactions: Patriot321

Big JC

May 12, 2023
You mean the ones that love the team even when they don’t win, that don’t need to feel ‘elite’ to still appreciate and enjoy the sport? We’re already here, just not inclined to tantrums.
RT is counting on fans like you. He thanks you for your unconditional support.

Prestonyte

Jun 1, 2022
A dislike for losing attributed to poor coaching acumen and lack of inspiration leading to a mediocre program has nothing to do with loving and supporting the Gamecock baseball team. Quite the contrary.

Forkcock

Jan 21, 2022
Ray Tanner is getting ***** slapped day after day after day. Doesn’t seem to bother him though. Nothing changes here until we get an AD that demands winning.

Cackmandu

Feb 2, 2022
My take is the powers that be don't read message boards, so what good does it do to bash the coach when you have no authority to make a change. A change will be made at the appropriate time, I have a hard time thinking Ray likes this non-Omaha run!

Reactions: kidrobinski

Big JC

May 12, 2023
My take is the powers that be don't read message boards, so what good does it do to bash the coach when you have no authority to make a change. A change will be made at the appropriate time, I have a hard time thinking Ray likes this non-Omaha run!
In defense of the baseball team, only 8 teams out of 300 go to Omaha each year. Not making it to Omaha shouldn't be a reason to fire a coach. It has been 12 years since Carolina went to Omaha and that is really a pretty short time when you think about how difficult it is to get there.

The back to back championships turned Carolina baseball fans into the baseball version of Alabama football fans. Too many people have a "national championship or fire the coach" mentality. South Carolina has only won the SEC tournament once and been outright regular season SEC champions twice. We do not have any sort of birthright to a trip to Omaha.

Cackmandu

Feb 2, 2022
defense of the baseball team, only 8 teams out of 300 go to Omaha each year. Not making it to Omaha shouldn't be a reason to fire a coach. It has been 12 years since Carolina went to Omaha and that is really a pretty short time when you think about how difficult it is to get there.
The back to back championships turned Carolina baseball fans into the baseball version of Alabama football fans. Too many people have a "national championship or fire the coach" mentality. South Carolina has only won the SEC tournament once and been outright regular season SEC champions twice. We do not have any sort of birthright to a trip to Omaha.
Still, the majority of this fan base expects it and measures the success of a season by it, so any 5 to 6 year run without a trip to Omaha is going to cause turmoil!

Reactions: Sweetwatergolf

Prestonyte

Jun 1, 2022
In defense of the baseball team, only 8 teams out of 300 go to Omaha each year. Not making it to Omaha shouldn't be a reason to fire a coach. It has been 12 years since Carolina went to Omaha and that is really a pretty short time when you think about how difficult it is to get there.

Not being competitive and not even being in the discussion at the end of the season of teams deserving to go to Omaha is the major step back which has the fanbase on edge with Kingston. Kingston has taken us backwards not forward and the lack of progress is unacceptable for most fans.

atl-cock

Jan 18, 2022
The new coach at UGA has turned that program around. They swept Vandy at home before coming to Columbia. Previous UGA teams always faded late in the season. They are hanging tough. Their pitching is their weak point right now but the new coach was the pitching coach at LSU so he will probably get them better pretty quickly.

Kingston and USC baseball are living off of RT's glory days. Pitching is weak and hitting is nothing special either. Every season starts with great hope and high expectations and ends with disappointment.
Speaking of Vandy, they seem to be on a downhill run. What's up with that?

Blues man

Joined Jul 1, 2009
Jan 22, 2022

I dont give Hoover one thought and never have. We play on a small field (a hitter's field) by design and usually have a philosophy that matches that. HR or bust more times than not given where we play most of the time. Hoover is a large field, a pitchers field. It is everything we are weak at... especially those years we are more one-dimensional than the rare times we aren't. That said, today we are a little less one-dimensional offensively than usual. That would normally give us a chance but wouldn't you know it, our pitching isn't exactly what you want to be carrying to a pitcher's field. I'm guessing the one SEC tournament championship we own is not in jeopardy of having any company any time soon. Point is I would not be using Hoover as a gauge on how good we are. IMO, we choose to be who we are. It is either a good choice or it isn't when it comes to the postseason. What I do know is it hasn't been a good choice for Hoover. And because of how we play, losing home field advantage is a major disadvantage for us in the NCAAs.

Last edited:

kidrobinski

Jan 30, 2022
RT is counting on fans like you. He thanks you for your unconditional support.
We went into the Georgia series this past weekend ranked either 13 or 15, can’t remember now. So ‘underperforming’ is losing a series to an equally ranked team and not being ranked in the top 5?

The entitled seek and expect that which they will not find; Alabama football this ain’t.

Latest posts