Kingston …./

Prestonyte

Jun 1, 2022
We went into the Georgia series this past weekend ranked either 13 or 15, can’t remember now. So ‘underperforming’ is losing a series to an equally ranked team and not being ranked in the top 5?

The entitled seek and expect that which they will not find; Alabama football this ain’t.
We have been fortunate despite the discombobulated mess Kingston has formulated with analytics minus the coaching.

Sweetwatergolf

Jan 20, 2022
I dont give Hoover one thought and never have. We play on a small field (a hitter's field) by design and usually have a philosophy that matches that. HR or bust more times than not given where we play most of the time. Hoover is a large field, a pitchers field. It is everything we are weak at... especially those years we are more one-dimensional than the rare times we aren't. That said, today we are a little less one-dimensional offensively than usual. That would normally give us a chance but wouldn't you know it, our pitching isn't exactly what you want to be carrying to a pitcher's field. I'm guessing the one SEC tournament championship we own is not in jeopardy of having any company any time soon. Point is I would not be using Hoover as a gauge on how good we are. IMO, we choose to be who we are. It is either a good choice or it isn't when it comes to the postseason. What I do know is it hasn't been a good choice for Hoover. And because of how we play, losing home field advantage is a major disadvantage for us in the NCAAs.
I've always looked at Hoover as win 1 or 2. Then protect pitching for the post season run. Your last statement is spot on!

Reactions: Blues man

Islandbird

Jan 31, 2022
I dont give Hoover one thought and never have. We play on a small field (a hitter's field) by design and usually have a philosophy that matches that. HR or bust more times than not given where we play most of the time. Hoover is a large field, a pitchers field. It is everything we are weak at... especially those years we are more one-dimensional than the rare times we aren't. That said, today we are a little less one-dimensional offensively than usual. That would normally give us a chance but wouldn't you know it, our pitching isn't exactly what you want to be carrying to a pitcher's field. I'm guessing the one SEC tournament championship we own is not in jeopardy of having any company any time soon. Point is I would not be using Hoover as a gauge on how good we are. IMO, we choose to be who we are. It is either a good choice or it isn't when it comes to the postseason. What I do know is it hasn't been a good choice for Hoover. And because of how we play, losing home field advantage is a major disadvantage for us in the NCAAs.
Agreed - generally teams go to Hoover with one of two possible goals:
1. they need to win some games to get in postseason or improve their postseason status or
2. they want to lose out ASAP and set their pitching set for the regional and beyond