Kingston reminds me of Muschamp.....doing nothing but taking the program backwards *

muscleknight

Jan 20, 2022
Kingston is morphing into Bev Smith. She is barely competitive in the SEC and wins just enough to keep making the NCAA Softball Tourney. Its hard for RT to fire her as long as she does that.

atl-cock

Jan 18, 2022
Not necessarily taking the program backwards, but certainly not moving forwards as we would want. This does not mean that I advocate keeping Kingston, but if he's replaced, it's got to be an A+ hire already lined up.

Mar 8, 2023
Disagree. The program Kingston inherited was a mess. Recruiting had fallen way off under Holbrook as he tried to be a CEO and stopped doing what he did best - recruit in person. Kingston had some good years. In fact, last year was fantastic. This year, the pitching sh+t the bed in the final 2 weeks against two really good teams.
Depending on what happens in NCAAs, I'll understand if he is let go (if USC loses in road regional), but I don' think his tenure was a dumpster fire - it was just inconsistent. Now that may be because SEC baseball a lot better than it was when Tanner was here (look how many teams from SEC have been to and also won the CWS in the last 10 years and fell off even after they've won). Most schools in the SEC give a crap about baseball now.

As for Muschamp... first two years were darn good, but he couldn't keep it going and it turned to crap so he was rightfully fired. Then again, USC football has sucked for most of its 125 years, so I never really expect there to be sustained success in football.

Latest posts