Kyric

DkeCat

Senior
Jan 14, 2002
4,028
412
68
Will say this. Last year, I would have voted him worst hands for a WR (and thought he should become Venric 2.0). This year, he somehow is able to make every difficult, contested catch (completely different from last year), but how he is unable to make any simple play work is beyond me.

I still hold my breath every time the ball comes to him, or every time Anderson gets tackled.
 

DkeCat

Senior
Jan 14, 2002
4,028
412
68
Will
Will say this. Last year, I would have voted him worst hands for a WR (and thought he should become Venric 2.0). This year, he somehow is able to make every difficult, contested catch (completely different from last year), but how he is unable to make any simple play work is beyond me.

I still hold my breath every time the ball comes to him, or every time Anderson gets tackled.
also add holding my breath every time we face a running qb or a big back
 

nu greek

Sophomore
Nov 11, 2001
3,161
123
38
Will say this. Last year, I would have voted him worst hands for a WR (and thought he should become Venric 2.0). This year, he somehow is able to make every difficult, contested catch (completely different from last year), but how he is unable to make any simple play work is beyond me.

I still hold my breath every time the ball comes to him, or every time Anderson gets tackled.
Our running game was once again anemic. Kyric's fumble would have been a TD. Game changer. We all our happy that Coach Anderson is our Oline Coach, but they are not opening holes and today pass protection was not good. Bad performance. Shake it off and learn from it.
 

corbi2961

Senior
Sep 9, 2005
30,524
786
0
Our running game was once again anemic. Kyric's fumble would have been a TD. Game changer. We all our happy that Coach Anderson is our Oline Coach, but they are not opening holes and today pass protection was not good. Bad performance. Shake it off and learn from it.

The McGowan fumble was the key play of the game. The OL breakdowns largely started at RG. We are playing a backup and he is just not up to it. I’d prefer to try Franks or Priebe going forward.
 

jensberg

Sophomore
Jul 28, 2006
3,057
175
63
The key play of the game was fitz not kicking a field goal on that 1st 4th down
 

Sheffielder

Senior
Sep 1, 2004
10,017
823
113
Not gonna put this all on McGowan. Our running game continues to be embarrassing, especially watching Anderson get bumped around like a pinball behind the line on 9/10 carries...and while I like Ramsey his inability to scramble and his very very very very late decisions to keep it are also killing the offense.
 

NUCat320

Senior
Dec 4, 2005
19,469
495
0
The key play of the game was fitz not kicking a field goal on that 1st 4th down
Absolutely. I agree. Totally overconfident. Have MSU momentum and energy.
This is an absurd statement (and an absurd second) that reflects no understanding of football.

Perhaps you noticed, but NU took the momentum, and the lead, in the third quarter.

As he has for the past five years, Fitz going for it on fourth down conveys a simple message — I ask you to TRUST YOURSELF, and I in fact trust you as well. NU converted a huge fourth down about 20 game-minutes later.

As to the original post, it certainly wasn’t McGowan’s game. He should have had that touchdown as well — it was one of two great Ramsey throws on the day. (The other was a third down toss to Lees.)
 
Wildcat Report

Latest

  1. 01 Wildcat Report Battered Northwestern secondary looks to bounce back vs. Penn State
  2. 02 Sports Predictions College football Polymarket predictions: Staples’ best trades of Week 5
  3. 03 On3 Football Senate passes Protect College Sports Act, sends bill to House
  4. 04 Wildcat Report Notebook: Braun hypes up 'best stadium in football' ahead of new Ryan Field opener
  5. 05 Wildcat Report Recruit Roundup: Buirley leads Big Walnut to win in OT thriller, Cason snags pick six