Laken Riley

uscvball

Aug 24, 2017
"The Laken Riley Act passed the House of Representatives on Thursday in a 251-170 vote, which would require ICE to detain illegal immigrants charged with theft or burglary.

It was pushed by Republicans in the wake of Riley's murder, allegedly at the hands of illegal immigrant Ibarra, who had previously been arrested in New York for endangering a child and in Georgia again in October 2023 on shoplifting charges.

The passage of the bill this week led Riley's mom Phillips to take to Facebook, saying: 'Praise God! #SayHerName LAKEN HOPE RILEY BILL - PASSED.' "

Reactions: jaycee993

Pudly76

Jan 31, 2018
"The Laken Riley Act passed the House of Representatives on Thursday in a 251-170 vote, which would require ICE to detain illegal immigrants charged with theft or burglary.

It was pushed by Republicans in the wake of Riley's murder, allegedly at the hands of illegal immigrant Ibarra, who had previously been arrested in New York for endangering a child and in Georgia again in October 2023 on shoplifting charges.

The passage of the bill this week led Riley's mom Phillips to take to Facebook, saying: 'Praise God! #SayHerName LAKEN HOPE RILEY BILL - PASSED.' "
Four dems from Georgia voted against this bill..

uscvball

Aug 24, 2017
Yep. Not sure when they are up for re-election but they may end up regretting that.

They are: Sanford Bishop Jr, Hank Johnson, Lucy McBath, and David Scott. They represent 4 out of the 5 total black representatives. Hmmmm.

In fairness, here are the 37 democrats who voted to pass it...

• Colin Allred (Texas)
  • Nikki Budzinski (Illinois)
  • Yadira Caraveo (Colorado)
  • Matt Cartwright (Pennsylvania)
  • Jim Costa (California)
  • Joe Courtney (Connecticut)
  • Angie Craig (Minnesota)
  • Henry Cuellar (Texas)
  • Sharice Davids (Kansas)
  • Donald Davis (North Carolina)
  • Chris Deluzio (Pennsylvania)
  • Ruben Gallego (Arizona)
  • Maria Gluesenkamp Perez (Washington)
  • Jared Golden (Maine)
  • Vicente Gonzalez (Texas)
  • Josh Gottheimer (New Jersey)
  • Josh Harder (California)
  • Jahana Hayes (Connecticut)
  • Steven Horsford (Nevada)
  • Jeff Jackson (North Carolina)
  • Marcy Kaptur (Ohio)
  • Greg Landsman (Ohio)
  • Susie Lee (Nevada)
  • Mike Levin (California)
  • Stephen Lynch (Massachusetts)
  • Frank Mrvan (Indiana)
  • Chris Pappas (New Hampshire)
  • Mary Peltola (Alaska)
  • Hillary Scholten (Michigan)
  • Kim Schrier (Washington)
  • Elissa Slotkin (Michigan)
  • Eric Sorensen (Illinois)
  • Greg Stanton (Arizona)
  • Tom Suozzi (New York)
  • Emilia Sykes (Ohio)
  • Dina Titus (Nevada)
  • Susan Wild (Pennsylvania).

Reactions: Pudly76

uscvball

Aug 24, 2017
-Sanford Bishop Jr....has been holding public office for 47 years, in the House for 31, TERM LIMITS

-Hank Johnson-After Dubya's SOTU in 2007, he had this to say, "It is time for President Bush to face the music and respond to the urgent demands of a frustrated country." My, my, my.

-Lucy McBath. Her son Jordan Davis was shot to death in Florida and she became a national advocate for gun control laws. So her son is shot to death, guns are bad. But Laken Riley is murdered by an illegal and it's okay that he was in the US. Sad.

-David Scott...has been holding public office for 49 years, member in the House for 21. TERM LIMITS. He owns a billboard advertising business. "In May 2007, it was reported that the business owed more than $150,000 in back taxes and penalties. Scott's campaigns paid the company more than $500,000 from 2002 to 2010, including expenses for office rent, printing, T-shirts, and other services. He has also paid his wife, two daughters, and son-in-law tens of thousands of dollars for campaign work such as fund raising and canvassing. In 2007, Scott was named one of the 25 most corrupt members of Congress by the political watchdog group Citizens for Responsibility and Ethics in Washington."

I wonder if Mr Scott was listening when Biden said we all need to pay our taxes.

• Sad
Reactions: Pudly76

xuscx

Aug 24, 2017

So hope and prayers was not enough?, it has always worked in the past

Trojanfan562

Sep 5, 2017
-Sanford Bishop Jr....has been holding public office for 47 years, in the House for 31, TERM LIMITS

-Hank Johnson-After Dubya's SOTU in 2007, he had this to say, "It is time for President Bush to face the music and respond to the urgent demands of a frustrated country." My, my, my.

-Lucy McBath. Her son Jordan Davis was shot to death in Florida and she became a national advocate for gun control laws. So her son is shot to death, guns are bad. But Laken Riley is murdered by an illegal and it's okay that he was in the US. Sad.

-David Scott...has been holding public office for 49 years, member in the House for 21. TERM LIMITS. He owns a billboard advertising business. "In May 2007, it was reported that the business owed more than $150,000 in back taxes and penalties. Scott's campaigns paid the company more than $500,000 from 2002 to 2010, including expenses for office rent, printing, T-shirts, and other services. He has also paid his wife, two daughters, and son-in-law tens of thousands of dollars for campaign work such as fund raising and canvassing. In 2007, Scott was named one of the 25 most corrupt members of Congress by the political watchdog group Citizens for Responsibility and Ethics in Washington."

I wonder if Mr Scott was listening when Biden said we all need to pay our taxes.

Tbf, Hank Johnson wasn't wrong about Bush