Last Chance Qualifier May 9-12 In Istanbul Turkey

watoos

Oct 31, 2021
Wondering if any freestyle buffs know who the tough competition for Spencer and Zane will be? I understand the competition is really tough. Will Russians be there?

Last I saw Spencer and Zane need to finish top 3.

Reactions: Spice67

Spice67

Sep 26, 2023
Tom said some of the other countries have not qualified their weights yet either. Yes we all need to support Spencer and Zain now to finish in the top 3 so we have all 6 weights qualified. NLWC will then have 4 out of the 6 wrestlers representIMG the USA. It would be great if Cael would ask Spencer to come train at the NLWC to get ready. He would have some great partners including RBY. So will see. It’s going to be fun.

Reactions: DWKeller

cb1994

Oct 31, 2022
Wondering if any freestyle buffs know who the tough competition for Spencer and Zane will be? I understand the competition is really tough. Will Russians be there?

Last I saw Spencer and Zane need to finish top 3.
Major competition already qualified: Puerto Rico, Armenia, Iran, Azerbaijan, Hungary, Georgia, Russia

Some big names remaining to qualify: Bulgaria, Moldova, Switzerland, India, Egypt, Argentina, Israel.

I’d say most of the “favorites” fall into the first list, but the list that he’ll be competing against is still full of some serious guys.

Zain can win, he’s got the talent, but he’ll come off a weight cut and have to win some big matches. Like at trials, he’ll be stronger in the evening sessions if he gets to them.

J.E.B

Oct 30, 2021
Lee will not be training at the NLWC… nor with RBY. Parris, maybe, but can you believe the eruption if Lee shows up in HV to train. Hawkeyes would be devastated.

Reactions: gslachta

JBott

Nov 1, 2021
Can the USA only enter 1 competitor at 57 kg and 65 kg in the Last Chance Qualifier? I know your Olympic Team member does not need to be the one to qualify the weight, so could Team USA put in say 2-3 guys to up our chances?

GregPickel

Staff member
Sep 20, 2021
Can the USA only enter 1 competitor at 57 kg and 65 kg in the Last Chance Qualifier? I know your Olympic Team member does not need to be the one to qualify the weight, so could Team USA put in say 2-3 guys to up our chances?
Yes, the US can only enter one competitor.

Reactions: JBott

SurgeOne

Oct 30, 2021

GregPickel

Staff member
Sep 20, 2021
I don't know about Spencer, but Zain is definitely the representative for the USA at his weight.
All indications that I have seen (and please link if you've seen otherwise) is that Lee will be going to the LCQ, as well.

El_Jefe

Oct 11, 2021
I don't know about Spencer, but Zain is definitely the representative for the USA at his weight.
USA Wrestling announced well before the Trials that the 57 and 65 winners would go to Istanbul.

So let's assume Spencer goes until we're told something concrete otherwise.

BeerLion

Oct 12, 2021
I think it is silly that anyone even questions whether or not Spencer is going to the LCQ. Whether he can compete in the Olympics depends on it. Is he going to leave that up to Thomas Gilman or Zane Richards, I think I recall him beating them recently.

Latest posts