Last Chance Qualifier May 9-12 In Istanbul Turkey

pabison

Dec 11, 2021

Zain was totally dominating from the opening whistle. Looked fantastic, but maybe not the strongest competitor. What really opened the match up was when, due to Zain’s aggressive, his Yemeni opponent fleed the mat and Zain got put on top for par tarre. Zain went all folkstyle on him with legs and a bar and racked up exposure points. Again, a very dominant performance.

Spice67

Sep 26, 2023
Zain was totally dominating from the opening whistle. Looked fantastic, but maybe not the strongest competitor. What really opened the match up was when, due to Zain’s aggressive, his Yemeni opponent fleed the mat and Zain got put on top for par tarre. Zain went all folkstyle on him with legs and a bar and racked up exposure points. Again, a very dominant performance.
Zain has a very tough match coming up against the guy who crushed Nick Lee and beat Yani as well. Lets go Zain

pabison

Dec 11, 2021
Zain was up 2-2 on criteria with under 30 seconds in the match. Tumur shoots and gets a leg, but Zain looked to go chest wrap and initiate an exposure. Eventually Tumur ends up on top. They call it a 4 point move for Tumur. Cody throws the challenge brick hoping for a 2 and 2, but the challenge is denied. With the point for the lost challenge Tumur of Mongolia beats Zain 7-2. Tumur is really good, so there’s a good chance Zain gets pulled through to Repechage for a shot at 3rd.

GregPickel

Staff member
Sep 20, 2021
Zain was up 2-2 on criteria with under 30 seconds in the match. Tumur shoots and gets a leg, but Zain looked to go chest wrap and initiate an exposure. Eventually Tumur ends up on top. They call it a 4 point move for Tumur. Cody throws the challenge brick hoping for a 2 and 2, but the challenge is denied. With the point for the lost challenge Tumur of Mongolia beats Zain 7-2. Tumur is really good, so there’s a good chance Zain gets pulled through to Repechage for a shot at 3rd.
Yeah, that was brutal. Have to respect going for the move, but awful way to end up losing.

• Sad
Reactions: lionlover

Spice67

Sep 26, 2023
Yeah, that was brutal. Have to respect going for the move, but awful way to end up losing.
Zain is very mentally strong. Gotta forget about it and win his next match and keep rolling to 3rd to qualify.

Spice67

Sep 26, 2023
I may be wrong, but I think Zain is “in” if Tumur wins his way into the finals match.
Crap I thought he was back in if Tumur won his next match. Oh well Tumur definitely has a shot to get to the finals.

lionlover

Oct 6, 2021

I Hope Please GIF

Spice67

Sep 26, 2023
Let’s Go Zain. Qualify the weight for the USA! Im not sure what match number Zain is but shouldn’t be long after 8.