LeBron...

lemonears

Oct 31, 2021
Labron is not aging well. He is evolving into a dour mean-spirited old man. His skills are diminished. He flits from one extreme political cause to another. He continually does stupid things. He ought to retire soon and fade away before his legacy is totally destroyed.

Catch1lion

Oct 12, 2021
He's gearing up for the DeBarge comeback tour

bbrown

Nov 1, 2021
Been on the LeBron hate train since he bailed for Miami. Welcome everyone!
Ehhh I like him. For all the crap that sport people (off the court) and celebrities get themselves in to he's been fine.
Yea maybe he markets himself too much but thats pretty much SOP in the sports world.
I don't pay attention to twitter or any of those look at me or I need to follow that person social media sites.
And I especially don't pay attention to the GOAT stuff. MO is you can't compare what happened in past decades to today's game.
But I do think he's been the MVP for most of the time he's been on the court but like all things mother nature wins in the end.

Erial_Lion

Nov 1, 2021
Labron is not aging well. He is evolving into a dour mean-spirited old man. His skills are diminished. He flits from one extreme political cause to another. He continually does stupid things. He ought to retire soon and fade away before his legacy is totally destroyed.
He’s averaging 21/7/5…not awful with his “diminished skills”.

Reactions: psuprof1

Erial_Lion

Nov 1, 2021
I don't follow it either, but LeBron adversarial personality seems to dominate the sport. Probably the reason the NBA ratings are in the toilet.
Except, of course, that NBA ratings aren’t “in the toilet”…but why let facts get in the way.

aferrelli

Oct 6, 2021
I certainly don’t follow the NBA any longer; I haven’t been a fan of the NBA for many, many years. But I’ve been a fan of LeBron for a while now; not so much on the basketball court but a fan of LeBron, the person. When LeBron first became famous, instead of hiring a Wall Street type financial guy, and some big time professional personal assistants; he hired people that grew up with him (his friends), people that liked LeBron well before he became famous.

LeBron wanted to give back to the community where he was raised. I find that refreshing. LeBron lifted up these people, by giving them jobs. LeBron hired both men and women, these were associates from his junior and senior HS days. In other words, LeBron hired the people he most trusted; his friends. LeBron recognized that these people were deserving of a break. LeBron used his own judgement, and not the advice of others; to hire and position these people, to help him with aspects of his life. I find LeBron to be very intelligent too; especially considering that he never spent a day in a college classroom.

This act of kindness, to the friends that LeBron grew up with, showed that LeBron has character. You might not like his political stance(s) or the fact that he’s outspoken; but IMO, we need more people that aren’t afraid the take a stance, and are not selfish. Every time LeBron speaks out, he risks alienating others, and risks present and future paydays with sponsors and the like. There comes a time and place, in a man’s life, where money should not be the only motivating factor in their words and actions. Albeit, my knowledge of LeBron James, personally, is very small; but because of these acts of kindness, at LeBron's early age, I find him to be a man of integrity and virtue.

Reactions: Nohow and bbrown

Alphalion75

Oct 21, 2021
Some would actually look at what’s happening today, not what happened during last year’s shortened season (or look at all sports ratings being down, not just claiming that somehow Lebron James is hurting NBA ratings).
My friend. Ratings of all sports have experienced a post pandemic bump so now is not a good gage. Prior to the pandemic, the NBA had declining ratings. I believe they'd loved their politics to drive away fans.

Reactions: FK3JM and Pride

scocha409

Nov 1, 2021
Life long Lakers fan. Cannot tell you how many nites thru the years I have been up till 130-2am watching 1030pm tips.
The thought of watching them now with that *** clown out there literally makes me sick.

Reactions: Pride

Nohow

Oct 25, 2021
Lots of jealousy, politics and sour grapes in this thread, but what else is new?
And yes he is better than Magic and Bird and maybe Jordan by any measure. Points, rebounds, fg %, assists, etc.

Last edited:

leinbacker

Oct 13, 2021
I certainly don’t follow the NBA any longer; I haven’t been a fan of the NBA for many, many years. But I’ve been a fan of LeBron for a while now; not so much on the basketball court but a fan of LeBron, the person. When LeBron first became famous, instead of hiring a Wall Street type financial guy, and some big time professional personal assistants; he hired people that grew up with him (his friends), people that liked LeBron well before he became famous.

LeBron wanted to give back to the community where he was raised. I find that refreshing. LeBron lifted up these people, by giving them jobs. LeBron hired both men and women, these were associates from his junior and senior HS days. In other words, LeBron hired the people he most trusted; his friends. LeBron recognized that these people were deserving of a break. LeBron used his own judgement, and not the advice of others; to hire and position these people, to help him with aspects of his life. I find LeBron to be very intelligent too; especially considering that he never spent a day in a college classroom.

This act of kindness, to the friends that LeBron grew up with, showed that LeBron has character. You might not like his political stance(s) or the fact that he’s outspoken; but IMO, we need more people that aren’t afraid the take a stance, and are not selfish. Every time LeBron speaks out, he risks alienating others, and risks present and future paydays with sponsors and the like. There comes a time and place, in a man’s life, where money should not be the only motivating factor in their words and actions. Albeit, my knowledge of LeBron James, personally, is very small; but because of these acts of kindness, at LeBron's early age, I find him to be a man of integrity and virtue.

i wish he would take a stance against slave labor and China’s attack on Hong Kong. But then money seems to Trump principal.

Reactions: 91Joe95 and FTLPSU

FTLPSU

Oct 6, 2021
i wish he would take a stance against slave labor and China’s attack on Hong Kong. But then money seems to Trump principal.
Not money---the easy route of not taking in criticism. Calling out what's right.
I dont think LJ or most of the NBA for that matter know what goes on with China.

At his AGE he shouldn't have done the Sam Cassell---Bird-MJ-Magic never did that--very unbecoming of LJ.

He should also not take a stance unless he Fully Knows what the heck he is talking about. Hard for him though-raised by his mother, NBA out of high school--surrounded by his friends and any outside influence are Suits kissing his *** taking in their fees for services rendered. Hence why he shouldn't comment unless he really knows wtf he is talking about.

I dont think he is a bad person or is hateful at all.

The NBA as a whole has lost its way and will never return to what it was--it cant--I dont care if you have a player that has the combination of all the greats-will never be the same--different generation of children being raised.

Reactions: PrtLng Lion

FTLPSU

Oct 6, 2021
Jordan cares about one thing - himself.
Ur Correct and WINNING. But he kept for the most part a low profile--other than his fathers death which some link to gambling or his divorce he stayed out of politics and yes no social media then. LJ would be smart to stay OFF social media-unless you are going to be NEUTRAL and address positive things i.e. Raising money for the poor, food drives, donations, NBA for kids, Stay in School--Don't do Drugs....etc....but hey my advice is cheap and FREE...

Nohow

Oct 25, 2021
Ur Correct and WINNING. But he kept for the most eve part a low profile--other than his fathers death which some link to gambling or his divorce he stayed out of politics and yes no social media then. LJ would be smart to stay OFF social media-unless you are going to be NEUTRAL and address positive things i.e. Raising money for the poor, food drives, donations, NBA for kids, Stay in School--Don't do Drugs....etc....but hey my advice is cheap and FREE...
You definitely get what you pay for. He doesn’t care about politics because it doesn’t affect him.

psu31trap

Oct 29, 2021
When Magic Irving Johnson was in his prime he was far more talented than Michael Jorden and far more than Labron James. As a natural shooter and passer there will never be another Larry Bird. To answer your question, no LaBron is not as good as Michael Jordon. Now, I’m going to be very careful making my next point. The brand of basketball we watched in the 80’s and 90’s was completely different than today. A half court scheme that revolved around a center who applied a degree of physicality that may never be seen again. The precise passing and execution was only possible because of the solid fundamentals taught in college. Today’s basketball is purely a run and shoot game where one’s ability to run and dunk is critical. Then combine that with a tsunami of 3 pointers and junior is at the edge of his seat. Sort of like the traditional Pro-Set in football verses the Power-Spread.

Last edited:

FTLPSU

Oct 6, 2021
You definitely get what you pay for. He doesn’t care about politics because it doesn’t affect him.

He probably doesn't care about Politics-mainly because he probably doesn't understand them for one. Your assumption about his feeling about politics is probably correct cuz he is worth about a Billion...and it doesn't AFFECT his life. But a Leader would care and he would look to make the right choices and help educate people on what's real and what is not i.e. China and Slave labor etc.

Reactions: PrtLng Lion

Arringtonian

Oct 29, 2021
Oh yeah, he hit that guy in the face and then said afterwards he didn't mean it and it was inadvertent . What a liar. He used to be my favorite player until be showed himself to be a jackass for all the non basketball reasons everybody says. And I won't argue with that. (y)

Oct 28, 2021
Lots of jealousy, politics and sour grapes in this thread, but what else is new?
And yes he is better than Magic and Bird and maybe Jordan by any measure. Points, rebounds, fg %, assists, etc.
Absurd. 9 times all first team d and scoring champion in same season, nba champion 6 of those. Name that player. That’s domination of the league

Latest posts