Let’s look ahead to 2024 PSU Football. 😀

BobPSU92

Oct 12, 2021

Nittany1865Farmer

Oct 12, 2021
Let's see... this is my game plan for every letter that comes from Dear Old State asking for money for every project they have planned to build.....
truck taking GIF

OhioLion

Oct 12, 2021
Are fans allowed to opt out..........we got coaches and players opting out.Im done donating money to quitters!!!!!!
I don’t know how serious you are, but in my Penn State buddies text group, I asked 2 guys why they follow the team. They are seriously miserable from Labor Day to New Year’s Day. Hate the coach and do nothing but bellyache. MISERABLE!
I honestly don’t know why anyone who hates the coaching staff of a team would watch the team.
One of the guys has season tickets and flies in from Colorado 2-3 times a year. Why? You hate Franklin, why attend or watch? I know I’ll make some enemies on here with my comments, but life will go on.

As for those opting out. I would thank them for their time and ask them to clean out their locker as they are no longer part of the team. I understand not wanting to get injured …..

OL

Last edited:

Midnighter

Oct 7, 2021
I don’t know how serious you are, but in my Penn State buddies text group, I asked 2 guys why they follow the team. They are seriously miserable from Labor Day to New Year’s Day. Hate the coach and do nothing but *****. MISERABLE!
I honestly don’t know why anyone who hates the coaching staff of a team would watch the team.
One of the guys has season tickets and flies in from Colorado 2-3 times a year. Why? You hate Franklin, why attend or watch? I know I’ll make some enemies on here with my comments, but life will go on.

As for those opting out. I would thank them for their time and ask them to clean out their locker as they are no longer part of the team. I understand not wanting to get injured …..

OL

Franklin is temporary one way or the other…

Dec 14, 2021
Looking forward to seeing how the new OC builds the offense. Very interested to see what happens with the WR position. Is it scheme or lack of talent/development? Hoping to see more diversity on 1st down play calls. Pre-snap movement that actually makes the defense change.

Defensively, putting a scheme together that works for the 2024 team. Looked fast and aggressive early today. Don't know if 2024 can put corners on an island as much as 2023 could. Safeties will need to be more involved.

"You're never as good as you think when you win, and you're never as bad as you think when you lose."

Nits74

Oct 19, 2021
Zero question that we’re supporting a dysfunctional product and we’ve got to cope somehow.
Jim, I no longer want to cope. After this game, I think I've finally come to grips with the reality that Penn State will in all likelihood never be the football program it once was. I think that, for me anyway, this will be a more healthy outlook . Following them has become much more miserable than it is fun. As you no doubt know, there are far more satisfying interests in life than this. As an aside, one of the smarter things I did was cut ties with the University back in 2011 after the way it handled the Sandusky debacle. Time to move on in all facets.

Catch1lion

Oct 12, 2021
There is still so much money in college sports. The total revenue is insane. It is not going away
anytime soon.
Revenue in Season Ending 2019 in Billions
NCAA $18.9
NFL. $15.3
MLB. $10.7
NBA $8.8
Premiere League. $6.6
Sources Deloitte, Forbes, NCAA

ChandlerPearce

Jan 23, 2022
NIL and the portal have changed the game and it’s no longer as much fun. Win or lose I’ll still watch, but I don’t care about the outcome the way I used to. Now onto hockey, wrestling, and hopefully basketball.
/\/\/\\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\\/\/\ 409%

LB99

Oct 27, 2021
Jim, I no longer want to cope. After this game, I think I've finally come to grips with the reality that Penn State will in all likelihood never be the football program it once was. I think that, for me anyway, this will be a more healthy outlook . Following them has become much more miserable than it is fun. As you no doubt know, there are far more satisfying interests in life than this. As an aside, one of the smarter things I did was cut ties with the University back in 2011 after the way it handled the Sandusky debacle. Time to move on in all facets.
This is the take that drives me nuts. When was the last time PSU was a legitimate contender? The 90’s? But today broke the camels back?

Nitt1300

Oct 12, 2021
This is the take that drives me nuts. When was the last time PSU was a legitimate contender? The 90’s? But today broke the camels back?
1994, and not once since. If you had told me in 1987 that I wouldn't live to see another Natty, I would have laughed at you. I'm not laughing now. But it's not really important in the great scheme of things anyway.

laKavosiey-st lion

Oct 30, 2021
This is a perfect time to talk costs.
How many season tickets do you buy? Cost per?
parking cost?
hotel cost?
beer etc cost?
donation for said parking and tickets cost?

GrimReaper

Oct 12, 2021
There is still so much money in college sports. The total revenue is insane. It is not going away
anytime soon.
Revenue in Season Ending 2019 in Billions
NCAA $18.9
NFL. $15.3
MLB. $10.7
NBA $8.8
Premiere League. $6.6
Sources Deloitte, Forbes, NCAA
That ranking would look different if done on a per capita basis, even limiting the NCAA count to just D1 football and basketball.

Reactions: Catch1lion

laKavosiey-st lion

Oct 30, 2021
I’ll tell you my heydays. 82-86, landed wife
2013-2019, sons1 and 2 on-site. We were up there all time, haven’t been back since. It’s a poor value, lots to do with hotels and schit competition

Reactions: Nits74 and FTLPSU

Catch1lion

Oct 12, 2021
That ranking would look different if done on a per capita basis, even limiting the NCAA count to just D1 football and basketball.
Obviously the lions share is D-1 football and basketball . Would you think all the other stuff would add up to ? $3 billion ?
PSU was 9th most profitable per this determination.

Last edited:

Nitt1300

Oct 12, 2021
What could fans reasonably expect given that we lost both coordinators, an AA OT, an All B1G DE, and 2 CBs projected to be drafted in the first 3 rounds of the NFL Draft?
What's reasonably have to do with it?

FrontierLion

Oct 12, 2021
Most concerning to me for 2024 isn’t the wide receiver situation. Hypothetically, we could pick up a few decent players in the portal to pick up the slack.

My main concern moving forward is the development of our QB. Seems like the distant past when coaches in know were touting Allar as “a quarterback that can make throws that only a few people on the planet can make.” Is that the guy we saw today (or this year for that matter)?

In another universe, if Drew commits to Ohio State - or Michigan - or A&M - or any one of the other handful of offers he had - and becomes the starter in 2023, what does he look like today? There were times in today‘s game where he looked like it was his first time stepping on a college football field.

Midnighter

Oct 7, 2021
Most concerning to me for 2024 isn’t the wide receiver situation. Hypothetically, we could pick up a few decent players in the portal to pick up the slack.

My main concern moving forward is the development of our QB. Seems like the distant past when coaches in know were touting Allar as “a quarterback that can make throws that only a few people on the planet can make.” Is that the guy we saw today (or this year for that matter)?

In another universe, if Drew commits to Ohio State - or Michigan - or A&M - or any one of the other handful of offers he had - and becomes the starter in 2023, what does he look like today? There were times in today‘s game where he looked like it was his first time stepping on a college football field.

I agree - but it’s hard to tell since we never really get to see what BP can do. We know he can run. I would think if you are having WR issues, a running QB couldn’t hurt.

Reactions: Nits74

Nitt1300

Oct 12, 2021

same was true of Hack and he had a different coach- sometimes players are just overrated.

LionJim

Oct 12, 2021
Zero question that we’re supporting a dysfunctional product and we’ve got to cope somehow.
Dysfunctional system, too, of course. My feeling this way has nothing to do with nostalgia for the good old days. I can deal with progress but not with total unhinged chaos. Think of what this system will be ten years down the road.

Nitwit

Oct 12, 2021
It’s not about the money, for me anyway. I still donate to help academics and students. Sports is expensive - look at what pro teams get for tickets and what players’ salaries are. I don’t really care - no one forces me to watch or buy seats in stadiums. I’m not looking for any return on investment. I just want to enjoy watching the games on TV and be a part of being a fan. When it stops being fun, I’ll stop watching, but I’m not going to get upset as long as the games are competitive and Penn State is among the better teams in the country. I don’t expect to win every game.

Now if you really wanted to change the way this all worked you would stop drinking beer. Without those beer commercials, the tv networks would not be able to pay for those TV broadcasting rights, and without those TV contracts, the teams would not be able to pay for those ridiculous contracts, and without those crazy salaries, maybe we wouldn’t have college coaches and players getting paid huge amounts of money and switching teams all the time. RELAX! I’m being facetious.

FrontierLion

Oct 12, 2021
I agree - but it’s hard to tell since we never really get to see what BP can do. We know he can run. I would think if you are having WR issues, a running QB couldn’t hurt.
A running QB never hurts in any situation ever… assuming he can also throw the ball. Unless we have the offensive line of the 2000’s New England Patriots, Drew’s style of play isn’t going to work. And since our O-Line never seems to be a strength…