Let's also remember....

Quavarius

Heisman
Aug 12, 2009
175,654
22,058
113
K is no longer involved with Team USA. That means his focus will now be on Duke 100%. Would it have made a difference if there was no Summer Olympics this past summer? Maybe. But, I'd rather have him here full time then traveling during the summer doing Team USA duties. Also, I believe the old man was worn out as well. Two surgeries within 6 months of each other? This had to be THE most mentally taxing season of his career.
 
Last edited:

SwlaDukie

Freshman
Mar 28, 2014
129
70
0
That's true I think this past summer, this team could have went on summer exhibition trip. But the majority of the coaching staff was envolved with summer Olympic schedule. It didn't seem like Coach K didn't have a good feel for young players.
 

Quavarius

Heisman
Aug 12, 2009
175,654
22,058
113
That's true I think this past summer, this team could have went on summer exhibition trip. But the majority of the coaching staff was envolved with summer Olympic schedule. It didn't seem like Coach K didn't have a good feel for young players.

I think the last one we went on was in 2011 to China. A summer exhibition trip would have been great, but there was still no way to predict all of the injuries.
 
Devils Illustrated

Latest

  1. 01 Rivals Basketball Recruiting Australian point guard Luke Paul commits to Duke
  2. 02 On3 Football College sports bill facing pressure in the House: 'We won’t pass language to blow up the ACC'
  3. 03 Devils Illustrated Football My Take: Threefold silver linings for Duke, now obvious
  4. 04 Rivals Basketball Recruiting OTE Pro Day Recruiting Intel: Latest buzz on Beckham Black, Paul Osaruyi and more
  5. 05 Devils Illustrated Football Watch: New Big J & Little J Show breaks down this weekend's romp and the first 4 games