Major offensive concerns.
I know Skinner was banged up, but he's a must start at the moment. At the very least need to give him a week or two worth of ABs to see what we have in him.
At this point I also wouldn't be opposed to move TA back to 1b to see if there is another outfield bat out there that may be good enough to play. Hatcher has been below average his entire career. Why this staff loves him I'll never see.
Rowdy also needs to be moved down in the order, I can't see how anyone can justify him hitting 1 or 2 a this point.
Skinner, Allen, James, Hancock would be my first 4 in that order.
Big misses the last few years in recruiting. None of the newcomers look like hitters except James and Hancock. But both are below average defensively so limits what can be done to get others in the order.
I know Skinner was banged up, but he's a must start at the moment. At the very least need to give him a week or two worth of ABs to see what we have in him.
At this point I also wouldn't be opposed to move TA back to 1b to see if there is another outfield bat out there that may be good enough to play. Hatcher has been below average his entire career. Why this staff loves him I'll never see.
Rowdy also needs to be moved down in the order, I can't see how anyone can justify him hitting 1 or 2 a this point.
Skinner, Allen, James, Hancock would be my first 4 in that order.
Big misses the last few years in recruiting. None of the newcomers look like hitters except James and Hancock. But both are below average defensively so limits what can be done to get others in the order.