Linebackers

Aug 29, 2005
15,285
22,788
113
Questions about this position. Do we still call them Will, Mike and Sam?
What do you think of the production of this unit?
I can remember a point last year where many were raving about the progress here. Remember a particular game, (not the opponent) when I believed our linebacking crew was really breaking through and standing out. I think Weber was playing alot that game. Many were talking about the great coaching of coach Bray.

Now, I see some good things but are we seeing as many tackles out of this group as you might expect. Just wondering what others think.
 
Last edited:
Aug 6, 2009
15,511
9,089
0
The thing I have noticed is that they seem to take themselves out of a play by taking really bad angles. That leads to poor tackling as well. These guys have talent and need to step it up
 

Headcard

Heisman
Feb 2, 2005
192,627
21,271
113
This has been the most disappointing position group, imo. I was really hoping that exceptional play from our LB's would make up for some of the loses we had up front and that we would still have a salty rush defense. So far they have been very average.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Lincoln100

dinglefritz

Heisman
Jan 14, 2011
53,067
14,614
78
This has been the most disappointing position group, imo. I was really hoping that exceptional play from our LB's would make up for some of the loses we had up front and that we would still have a salty rush defense. So far they have been very average.
IMO our linebackers would look a ton better IF our D ends were better. Freedom has not been particularly good IMO and Dzuris is a good but not great D end. Maurice is darned good at DT and Stoltenberg IF healthy could help some but he's still only a sophomore. As a unit, our D line is our weakness right now IMO and that is putting more pressure on our backers.
 
Inside Nebraska

Latest

  1. 01 College Football Playoff College Football Bowl Projections Week 5: Full list of matchups, playoff predictions
  2. 02 Inside Nebraska Football Everything Matt Rhule said after Michigan State
  3. 03 Inside Nebraska Football Nebraska bests Spartans in East Lansing | PHOTO
  4. 04 Inside Nebraska Football Matt Rhule, Anthony Colandrea & more break down win over Michigan State
  5. 05 Inside Nebraska Football Postgame Notes: Milestones, stats & more as Nebraska wins handily at Michigan State