lol

Beanerball

Jul 17, 2023
It doesn’t unless they can go 10 deep against us. Auburn should go a long way in the tournament. They are deep and athletic. I don’t want any part of them in the tournament. They could be a 1-3 seed which will set them up nicely and they can match up against anybody. While we are happy and grateful to be where we are, they come into the season knowing they would compete for a championship. We are on a magical ride but not the same ride they are on. We could be a surprise team to make it to the sweet 16 or elite 8, but it depends on the match ups. Auburn will be a disappointment if they don’t make it that far.

Reactions: Sweetwatergolf

gamecock stock

Jan 21, 2022
Yes that game will hurt our seeding, unless the committee considers the "body" of work, that is, the entire season. I ought to call my buddy who is a retired AD, who I worked with once in my career, and whose teams went to the Big Dance, about it. But he has been out of it for about a decade, at least.

gamecock stock

Jan 21, 2022
Matters could be worse. You could be a Boeing stockholder, with your stock down 31% in three months. I hope no one here works in their North Charleston facility.

SC95

Joined Mar 31, 2008
Jan 31, 2022
And it happened on the same day the Board approved Paris' extension.

Thunderstick

Jan 21, 2022
Yes that game will hurt our seeding, unless the committee considers the "body" of work, that is, the entire season. I ought to call my buddy who is a retired AD, who I worked with once in my career, and whose teams went to the Big Dance, about it. But he has been out of it for about a decade, at least.
...and why would you call "my buddy?"

USCEE82

Feb 17, 2024
What I was implying was: Tennessee, the 1 seed, lost to the 9 seed and I bet dollars to donuts they will still be a 1 seed in the NCAAT.

KingWard

Feb 15, 2022
What I was implying was: Tennessee, the 1 seed, lost to the 9 seed and I bet dollars to donuts they will still be a 1 seed in the NCAAT.
I don't think so. Put it this way, not unless certain other things happen.

18IsTheMan

Jan 19, 2022
Damn, UK, UT, and us all out. It’s Auburn’s all the way now
Maybe that actually helps us. UT and UK losing takes some of the focus off us. Also, I think the committee probably expects that you see crazy results in conference tournaments.

Beanerball

Jul 17, 2023
Agree, I think we didn’t hurt our seed, it was already set unless we won the SEC championship. I still think we are a dangerous team and see several SEC teams going deep in the championship. Hell, we might have 2 teams in the final 4. I’d love to see us get to the sweet 16 at least and it’s definitely possible, maybe not likely, but possible. As good as we are, Auburn has shown that a deep team can handle us. We can outlast a thin, but talented team, but not those guys. How many teams are as deep as Auburn? I can’t think of one.

Uscg1984

Jan 28, 2022
Maybe that actually helps us. UT and UK losing takes some of the focus off us. Also, I think the committee probably expects that you see crazy results in conference tournaments.
On the other hand, both of those losses take just a wee bit of luster off our two best wins.

If the committee needed some low-hanging fruit to help them make the choice between UT and UNC for the last #1 seed, UT's loss made it easy for them. They will drop to a #2.

I think we will drop from a #5 to a #6. I'm not sure that makes much difference.

18IsTheMan

Jan 19, 2022
On the other hand, both of those losses take just a wee bit of luster off our two best wins.

If the committee needed some low-hanging fruit to help them make the choice between UT and UNC for the last #1 seed, UT's loss made it easy for them. They will drop to a #2.

I think we will drop from a #5 to a #6. I'm not sure that makes much difference.
True.