Looking ahead to SEC WBB Superlatives

winloseortie

Joined Feb 21, 2007
Feb 2, 2022
COY

Dawn Staley of course....... I mean top team, top record, BUT you can make a case for Finley at UF. Picked no higher than 11th by anybody. Interim coach thrown into a mess when Newbauer was fired. Former players go public with damning stories. Best player has season ending injury and ghosts into the portal. You want top dog or underdog? Finley wins if they make top 4 in conference

POY

BOSTON, BOSTON, BOSTON. Conference has had enough of Howard. Even though she is leading scorer. Real case can be made for Blackwell at Mizzou. Better stats in ppg and reb. Has more double-doubles than Boston. Does not have near the cast Boston does.

DPOY

IF they did this right they would just name the whole Gamecock team as DPOY. Team has been just dominant. But it’s an individual award. Did you know there are 4 players who were DPOY in their conference last year playing in the SEC? LaShonda Monk(AAC) at Ole Miss, Que Morrison at UGA, Cardoso(ACC) and Boston. Boston wins as both great defender and as a nod to our whole team

ALL SEC they choose 8

Boston USC
Blackwell Mizzou
Howard UK
Austin OM
Smith UF
Ramirez Ark
Pointer LSU
Coulibaly Auburn. Look up her stats before you *****. Best player on worst team that nobody has heard of.

Henderson should be on first team, she should have been there last year.
Horston May make 1st team but that will be her rep not her play

All D
Boston
Beal
Morrison UGA
Key UT
Cambridge Vandy

Last edited:

Slim Chickens Gamecock

Feb 2, 2022
Understatement of the Year- Boston is pretty good. I've had a chance to watch a couple of games this year.
Zia Cooke makes us better offensively when she take mid-range jumpers which should always be open if we have both bigs in. Rivers shows flashes of the same ability, but not as assertive as Zia- if we can pull defenders off the block a little it will open up passing as well. This team is darn Good though and young players getting PT. by end of season Freshman become Sophs and step up.
I do have one Question: which players are leaving? Will Henderson be back at point. IF she leaves and Cooke we may struggle handling the ball

King Ward

Jan 20, 2022
Understatement of the Year- Boston is pretty good. I've had a chance to watch a couple of games this year.
Zia Cooke makes us better offensively when she take mid-range jumpers which should always be open if we have both bigs in. Rivers shows flashes of the same ability, but not as assertive as Zia- if we can pull defenders off the block a little it will open up passing as well. This team is darn Good though and young players getting PT. by end of season Freshman become Sophs and step up.
I do have one Question: which players are leaving? Will Henderson be back at point. IF she leaves and Cooke we may struggle handling the ball
Then we need for Johnson to be fully recovered.

Reactions: Whiterockcock69

Garnetspur

Joined Jan 1, 2004
Jan 22, 2022
Johnson or Rivers. Fulwicky could be up for it if she decides to go USC. Cooke is more a #2 guard. Henderson, Grissett, Littleton, Saxton and Wesolek are gone. It wouldn't surprise me to see Russell leave. She doesn't seem to fit in to the team plan.

winloseortie

Joined Feb 21, 2007
Feb 2, 2022
Johnson or Rivers. Fulwicky could be up for it if she decides to go USC. Cooke is more a #2 guard. Henderson, Grissett, Littleton, Saxton and Wesolek are gone. It wouldn't surprise me to see Russell leave. She doesn't seem to fit in to the team plan.
Raven is a pure pg. The question is, will she be recovered and up to speed. Rivers is being groomed for pg the rest of the season. Talayasia Cooper comes in next year and has played pg at E Clarendon since 7th grade. She is 6’1” and could play 1-3. Fulwiley out of Keenan is class of 23. Also Kiyomi McMiller a pg out of Hartsville is a top 10 recruit in the class of 24.

Reactions: DarkCock

Whiterockcock69

Joined Sep 12, 2010
Jan 31, 2022
I did not know Cooke could leave next year?

Slim Chickens Gamecock

Feb 2, 2022
All Good News- I will miss Destini at Point. She is quick, exceptional with the ball, and a good face of the Brand. Braids and all..

DarkCock

Joined Jan 21, 2006
Jan 30, 2022
Raven is a pure pg. The question is, will she be recovered and up to speed. Rivers is being groomed for pg the rest of the season. Talayasia Cooper comes in next year and has played pg at E Clarendon since 7th grade. She is 6’1” and could play 1-3. Fulwiley out of Keenan is class of 23. Also Kiyomi McMiller a pg out of Hartsville is a top 10 recruit in the class of 24.
Dawn was in Camden last week to watch Edwards.