Lovesea Carroll…

Gr8spur

Joined Sep 16, 2003
Jan 22, 2022
Had an impress list of offers in 2021. Looks like he didn’t want to play defense. Coming to us as a RB. Looks like the RB room will have some good competitio.

Horseshoe04

Joined Jan 5, 2014
Jan 21, 2022
OUr Scheme can easily keep 2 and probably 3 busy, I like Juju working some slotback, H back and could see Lovesea sharing some involvement there.

Horseshoe04

Joined Jan 5, 2014
Jan 21, 2022
How much of the run plays will be taken up by Rattler? He's a running QB, isn't he?
If we are going to stand toe to toe with the big dogs his running will be rather selective, maybe a few zone read & slide, some bootleg & scramble. He does not have Josh Allen size

JPUSC

Jan 25, 2022
I feel that with injuries, sickness, etc it does us good to have the RB room stacked. Seems to me it provides a competitive edge, and I feel Beamer will ultimately roll with the best.

18IsTheMan

Jan 19, 2022
Seems to be a crowded room, but it'll likely sort itself out. There will be injuries. Someone won't pan out. Etc.

Still hoping to see Lloyd find his groove. He should be fully back this season with no limitations.

Between Lloyd, McDowell, Amos and the 2 transfers, I'm confident a couple will emerge as reliable backs.

Last edited:

Hank Williams

Jan 22, 2022
The days of a Marcus Lattimore back running 30+ plays a game is probably not going to be a frequent occurrence due to injury concerns. It may now be a selling point to recruits with pro aspirations that the ball will be shared with several running backs to reduce the long term wear and tear effects a running back receives. Having several good backs benefits the team and players.

McCock

Joined Sep 2, 2001
Jan 18, 2022
Beal-Smith is a one-year player, and Carroll gives us a freshman in the room (he played only four games at UGA and was counted as a redshirt).

Lloyd has a ton of potential but needs to prove that he’s capable of staying healthy and holding on to the football. McDowell isn’t big enough to carry the ball 20 times per game on a consistent basis (at 6’2”, 220, Amos is probably the only back in the room with “traditional” feature back size, but he came in as the most developmental prospect).

Even without the transfer portal looming over the room, we needed another RB.

johncockroach

Jan 25, 2022
He has long arms and is tall but his frame looks narrow, I was wondering if he could get to 215ish now that he's playing RB instead of CB.

Reactions: King Ward

Dizzy01

Joined Dec 29, 2018
Jan 23, 2022
How much of the run plays will be taken up by Rattler? He's a running QB, isn't he?
Not really. He’s a mobile guy but not really a runner. Im pretty sure most of his runs were scrambles as opposed to true running plays.

johncockroach

Jan 25, 2022
Not really. He’s a mobile guy but not really a runner. Im pretty sure most of his runs were scrambles as opposed to true running plays.
I still think you want your qb on a couple designed runs per game just to keep that edge defender honest, but I agree, he's probably 2-3 designed runs at most, I would be worried about injuries if it's any more than that. But if you look at all of the guys that should get at least one carry per game - Lloyd, McDowell, Bell, Joyner, Brown (maybe one on a reverse?), Beal-Smith, and now you throw in Carroll, (I'm not sure about Amos, but seems like the only power back we have unless someone can get big over offseason), I think we're going to want to use the short passing game as an extension of the run game just to get these guys touches, especially with the big bodies we have to block on the perimeter.

Dizzy01

Joined Dec 29, 2018
Jan 23, 2022
I see a Connor Shaw-type quarterback back with a much better arm. Is that too simplistic?
I don’t think he’s quite that mobile. I looked up his stats and he averaged about 2 yards a carry.