Lsu game

Cybercock

Jan 20, 2022
All game. Kinda felt we were in trouble when one of the early innings we made two unnecessary throws that cost us runs. Baseball 101.
You mean the inning where our pitcher was hanging out on the mound instead of backing up the plate as the right fielder sailed it 10 feet over home. All that when there was no chance of throwing the runner out at home in the first place?

Reactions: Bubba Fett

Blues man

Joined Jul 1, 2009
Jan 22, 2022
You mean the inning where our pitcher was hanging out on the mound instead of backing up the plate as the right fielder sailed it 10 feet over home. All that when there was no chance of throwing the runner out at home in the first place?
Yes exactly... and just prior to that in the same inning when the pitcher threw pass the first baseman when the base runner was only two steps off first.

Last edited:
Reactions: Sweetwatergolf

Cybercock

Jan 20, 2022
Kingston had nothing to do with the errors that cost the game

He didn't make the physical errors but these were mental errors. In his defense, these fundamentals are commonly taught around age 11 so maybe he assumed we had smarter players than we do.
He also overthought pitching changes early in the game and ignored a pitching change when it was obvious to everyone we needed one.

Reactions: Blues man

Rogue Cock

Joined Sep 11, 2000
Jan 22, 2022
He didn't make the physical errors but these were mental errors. In his defense, these fundamentals are commonly taught around age 11 so maybe he assumed we had smarter players than we do.
He also overthought pitching changes early in the game and ignored a pitching change when it was obvious to everyone we needed one.
The players know the fundamentals, they had a bad night fielding. Regarding the pitching changes, they were kinda planned.....there is a good article on it on TIF.

JandDSC

Joined Jan 8, 2004
Jan 26, 2022
It’s just watching stupid baseball after stupid baseball being played - 95% of things Kingsux calls don’t work - the double steal in the 7th I believe was atrocious to watch - LSU was fully ready for it and we fell right into the same trap that 99% of other teams avoid.

Cybercock

Jan 20, 2022
The players know the fundamentals, they had a bad night fielding. Regarding the pitching changes, they were kinda planned.....there is a good article on it on TIF.

So you are basically saying they planned the stupid pitching changed?
Kind of makes the point of him being a bad coach.

Rogue Cock

Joined Sep 11, 2000
Jan 22, 2022
So you are basically saying they planned the stupid pitching changed?
Kind of makes the point of him being a bad coach.
Have you looked at Pitzer's pitchings stints lately? No one thought Pitzer had more than 4 innings in him.....the only time he did was against Vandy. The only one that surprised me was McCreary who I thought would be 3rd in.

Reactions: Sweetwatergolf

uscjunkie

Jan 27, 2022
The kid that pitched before the last guy was doing just fine. He got two ground balls that should have been outs but these bumbling Bad News Bears ruined it for him. He was pulled out of the game for reasons that weren't his fault. Then the last kid was left in way to long! That is all KINGSTON!

Last edited:
Reactions: Cybercock

Rogue Cock

Joined Sep 11, 2000
Jan 22, 2022
The kid that pitched before the last girl was doing just fine. He got two ground balls that should have been outs but these bumbling Bad News Bears ruined it for him. He was pulled out of the game for reasons that weren't his fault. Then the last kid was left in way to long! That is all KINGSTON!
McCreary was beginning to get hit and was getting behind hitters. He is a middle reliever. The "girl"to which you are referring you was Veach who gave us 5 solid innings 2 days before. Whatever you are on, "junkie", its probably best that you abstain before posting.

Last edited:

BftCocks09

Joined Aug 2, 2014
Jan 24, 2022
The most frustrating part for me is the “defensive substitution” when Kingston subs in Tippett. If Lecroy is going to be in the game, he needs to be at SS. He just looks more comfortable there. If he thinks Tippett is better then fine, but leave Casas at 3rd, Perry at 1st, and Jones in left. It’s not like Lecroy is a bat that must stay in the lineup. His decision to “strengthen the defense” is what lost us the game in my opinion.

uscjunkie

Jan 27, 2022
McCreary was beginning to get hit and was getting behind hitters. He is a middle reliever. The "girl"to which you are referring you was Veach who gave us 5 solid innings 2 days before. Whatever you are on, "junkie", its probably best that you abstain before posting.
What does his solid 5 innings have to do with this game? I will never stop posting....especially because you don't like it! ( It was supposed to say guy not girl.....sorry you got so triggered but everything I said was 100% true)

Last edited:

1982cock

Jan 22, 2022
Worst coaching and pitching this team has had in a long time! Let's just leave a pitcher that is getting rocked out there until he gives up the lead! What a joke!
Yeah and let’s throw 100% changeups
LSU was sitting on that change and timing it perfectly. Can’t go the well every time

Blues man

Joined Jul 1, 2009
Jan 22, 2022
It’s just watching stupid baseball after stupid baseball being played - 95% of things Kingsux calls don’t work - the double steal in the 7th I believe was atrocious to watch - LSU was fully ready for it and we fell right into the same trap that 99% of other teams avoid.
To their credit, LSU played some of the best defense I have seen all year. There were plays they had to make perfect throws in little or no time. Turning that double play off a bunt while getting the lead runner at third was a thing of beauty. Yeah we could have laid it down a little better, but they were forced to play it perfectly and they did. They came ready to play... us not so much.

Rogue Cock

Joined Sep 11, 2000
Jan 22, 2022
What does his solid 5 innings have to do with this game? I will never stop posting....especially because you don't like it! ( It was supposed to say guy not girl.....sorry you got so triggered but everything I said was 100% true)
Geesh, you are too damned stupid to help.

Latest posts