Joined Aug 11, 2018
Feb 12, 2022
Britney Spears What GIF

• Haha
Reactions: Uscg1984

Rogue Cock

Joined Sep 11, 2000
Jan 22, 2022
What a joke!! We need a pitching coach who knows what the heck is going on. Absolutely ridiculous!!
Who would you have suggested we pitch? Gainey had just pitched over 50 pitches against Arky. Simpson who hadn't pitched much this year was the only fresh arm we had....and we got as much out of him as possible.

Got to have some arms left for the Regionals.....some that hopefully won't be so tired they may can go more than 3 innings.

Vincent Hanna

Feb 19, 2022
If this isn’t the final mail in Kingstons coffin nothing will be. What a collection of dyed-in-wool losers.

Rogue Cock

Joined Sep 11, 2000
Jan 22, 2022
And I don't think anyone wants to see USC or LSau in their regional the way they're both hitting the ball, whether the folks on here will trash or laugh at that or not.
Agree. This thread was a first for me.....an actual play-by-play ***** and moan thread. I was laughing throughout the thread.

Reactions: Whatever1

Fried Chicken

Jan 30, 2022
If this isn’t the final mail in Kingstons coffin nothing will be. What a collection of dyed-in-wool losers.
Kingston wont be fired. saved his job. As frustrating as it is, all that will be considered is that we won some games in Hoover and had a shot to make the championship game. All of the dumb stuff that makes us want to rip our hair out won’t be considered.

if there is ANY chance he would need to go 0-2 in the Regional.

That’s what makes this even more frustrating…the program would’ve been better off losing the first game and losing the regional. Losing 9 of your last 10-11 games would’ve been pretty big. It’s so us that we’d do just enough but not really win anything.

Reactions: Patriot321

Vincent Hanna

Feb 19, 2022
Kingston wont be fired. saved his job. As frustrating as it is, all that will be considered is that we won some games in Hoover and had a shot to make the championship game. All of the dumb stuff that makes us want to rip our hair out won’t be considered.

That’s what makes this even more frustrating…the program would’ve been better off losing the first game and losing the regional. Losing 9 of your last 10-11 games would’ve been pretty big. It’s so us that we’d do just enough but not really win anything.
Not saying you’re wrong because I have zero faith in Tanner. BUT that is the kind of total capitulation that gets you ****-canned.

No BS have faith in the process kinda talk at this point. Kingston sucks and his players are a direct reflection.

Rogue Cock

Joined Sep 11, 2000
Jan 22, 2022

I've understood since the beginning of the year, he needed to make the SRs. He was to be let go the year before he made the SR run last year, but the Caslen/Martin fiasco prevented it.

Tanner never cared about Hoover and never tried wo win except in 2004 when he needed it. We needed one win to absolutely clinch the regionals....we got 3 whick should easily get us a 2ned seed. Hosting was out of the question.

Cybercock

Jan 20, 2022
I've understood since the beginning of the year, he needed to make the SRs. He was to be let go the year before he made the SR run last year, but the Caslen/Martin fiasco prevented it.

Tanner never cared about Hoover and never tried wo win except in 2004 when he needed it. We needed one win to absolutely clinch the regionals....we got 3 whick should easily get us a 2ned seed. Hosting was out of the question.

Ahh so getting walked off by LSU TWICE in three days is no big deal since it got us a 2 seed in a regional that we won't win anyway?

Fried Chicken

Jan 30, 2022

You make good points. It’s clear it’s time for change. Just don’t believe it’ll happen.

The one thing that could work for us is if Tanner wants to bring back Landon Powell. Maybe he’s willing to make a move to hire him. It sure would be nice for us to give him a shot. It may not work out, but it’ll be better than what we have now which is a program on the decline and falling behind every year we don’t get to Omaha. These recruits don’t remember 2010-2012.

Cybercock

Jan 20, 2022
The same LSU that is looking like the hottest team in the nation and winning against every other team big? That LSU?

Yes... twice in three days after being down big.

That LSU. They arent the NY Yankees.

There are no excuses for choking twice.
Mediocrity should be unacceptable.

Fried Chicken

Jan 30, 2022
The same LSU that is looking like the hottest team in the nation and winning against every other team big? That LSU?
You were 3 outs away twice. If we had closed those out would LSU look like the hottest team in the nation?

In both games we made key errors that cost us the game. Pretty brutal.

Reactions: Cybercock

Rogue Cock

Joined Sep 11, 2000
Jan 22, 2022
You make good points. It’s clear it’s time for change. Just don’t believe it’ll happen.

The one thing that could work for us is if Tanner wants to bring back Landon Powell. Maybe he’s willing to make a move to hire him. It sure would be nice for us to give him a shot. It may not work out, but it’ll be better than what we have now which is a program on the decline and falling behind every year we don’t get to Omaha. These recruits don’t remember 2010-2012.
He probably has at least 5-10 candidates ahead of Powell. NO ONE has even interviewed him for anywhere near a job on this level. If you want a great Div II head baseball coach, go get the one from University of Tampa or San Angelo State University. Powell would probably make a good assistant on this level.

Rogue Cock

Joined Sep 11, 2000
Jan 22, 2022
You were 3 outs away twice. If we had closed those out would LSU look like the hottest team in the nation?

In both games we made key errors that cost us the game. Pretty brutal.
No harm, no foul. Didn't change our projection one iota.

Cybercock

Jan 20, 2022
No harm, no foul. Didn't change our projection one iota.

Its seems you think its all about seedings.
It doesnt matter to you that we just pooped the bed twice?
If you play a game, you play to win. You should expect to win. No one wins them all but when you dont set out with that as the goal, you wont win many.

Cybercock

Jan 20, 2022
It's picking nits....and there is no crying or whining in baseball.

Geesh, I wonder if many played the sport after DY.

Im not picking in you. Honestly.
I played and coached at higher levels than DY and i can tell you some of our players lack the situational awareness and fundamenntals taught pre high school.

Last edited:

JandDSC

Joined Jan 8, 2004
Jan 26, 2022
Who would you have suggested we pitch? Gainey had just pitched over 50 pitches against Arky. Simpson who hadn't pitched much this year was the only fresh arm we had....and we got as much out of him as possible.

Got to have some arms left for the Regionals.....some that hopefully won't be so tired they may can go more than 3 innings.
Regionals are a week away - didn’t have the arms because Kingston don’t know how to manage a baseball game. Clearly lost when it comes to coaching. He’s a joke and our teams will be a joke until he’s gone

• Haha
Reactions: Rogue Cock

Blues man

Joined Jul 1, 2009
Jan 22, 2022
Just put the ball in play and good things can happen... says every team we will play from here on out.

Rogue Cock

Joined Sep 11, 2000
Jan 22, 2022
Im not picking in you. Honestly.
I played and coached at higher levels than DY and i can tell you some of our players lack the situational awareness and fundamenntals taught pre high school.
Played Low A ball for a couple of years after JUCO. Fundamentals are fine....lack of exxcution at times are typical of any ball club. Just saw a MLB 2B drop an easy pop up last night. It happens.

Fried Chicken

Jan 30, 2022
You want to burn arms for the regional? There is a reason Tanner never took the SEC tournament seriously.
Then we should’ve gone 0-1 and went home. It concerns me we were trying to win and that’s the effort we put forward.

And can our pitching really be any worse? There’s not an arm out there I’m concerned about burning through.

I get Tanner’s strategy back when we were actually competiting to get to Omaha. But when you’re in the Semis, you might as well win. Tanner won one.

Not to mention, our absolute debacle caused us to throw more pitches over the last 3 games than it would had we just won. So…yea, I would’ve rather beat LSU on Thursday…not played Kentucky yesterday, and won today to advance. This program needs to win something.

Fried Chicken

Jan 30, 2022
Played Low A ball for a couple of years after JUCO. Fundamentals are fine....lack of exxcution at times are typical of any ball club. Just saw a MLB 2B drop an easy pop up last night. It happens.
We had about 5 balls go through our guys legs. If fundamentals were fine, they would’ve done like Ethan Petry and at least kept the ball in front of them. It wasn’t a one game deal…our defense is atrocious.

Latest posts