Match Notes for Indiana

SRATH

Oct 30, 2021
Washington @ 174, might be fun to watch, is he out hurt that he is not listed in the line-up and only in the write up?

Appears he is in law school too.

Tough to juggle

watoos

Oct 31, 2021
Washington @ 174, might be fun to watch, is he out hurt that he is not listed in the line-up and only in the write up?

Tough to juggle
Heard that Washington forfeited out at the Scuffle, no other info though.

Reactions: SRATH

SurgeOne

Oct 30, 2021

Tough to juggle
What was the name of the IND dude that CStar used to wrestle where they really disliked each other. Would love to see CStar beat the shiite out of him again

Tom McAndrew

BWI Staff
Staff member
Oct 27, 2021
What was the name of the IND dude that CStar used to wrestle where they really disliked each other. Would love to see CStar beat the shiite out of him again

Donnell Washington. I believe he gave CStar his first loss in college.

Tom McAndrew

BWI Staff
Staff member
Oct 27, 2021
Thanks for the link....I was unable to find it on their site. Can you tell me where they are located? Thanks.

the Notes on GoPSUsports.com? Or the expanded version? I'll answer for both.

The Notes:
1. Go to GoPSUsports.com
2. in the blue bar atop the screen, click on the menu link (three horizontal bars)
3. from the drop-down menu, find Teams, then click the down arrow to the right of Teams
4. In the menu that appears, scroll down to Men's Sports, and then continue to Wrestling, and click on it
5. If the Notes are the latest story (as they are now), they'll appear at the top story on the screen step 4 took you to
6. If they don't appear in step 5, then click on the down arrow to the right of More in the white bar near the top of the screen
7. In the screen that appears, click on Meet Day, and the Notes should appear

For the expanded version:
1. Follow the above steps to find the Notes, and then click on them
2. Once there, the abridged version should appear on your screen
3. Look to the right of the screen, in the blue area, and click on FULL NOTES (PDF)

If the above way to access the Notes seems to complicated, open a browser and enter Penn State Wrestling Twitter. That should give you a link to PSU Wrestling's X account. Once there, you should find a recent tweet that is for the Notes.

Reactions: searay26

manatree

Oct 6, 2021
Heard that Washington forfeited out at the Scuffle, no other info though.

He lost in the finals by Medical Forfeit of the Scuffle and was Teched 15-0 last night by Jackson Turley from Rutgers. I’m guessing that the Scuffle injury was why IU didn’t list him as a probable starter. Judging 0-15 score against Rutgers, I’m guessing he’s not fully recovered. He was 11-0 before the forfeit.

SRATH

Oct 30, 2021
He lost in the finals by Medical Forfeit of the Scuffle and was Teched 15-0 last night by Jackson Turley from Rutgers. I’m guessing that the Scuffle injury was why IU didn’t list him as a probable starter. Judging 0-15 score against Rutgers, I’m guessing he’s not fully recovered. He was 11-0 before the forfeit.
Thanks for the update......makes sense. He is pretty good and wouldn't be teched like that if he was healthy......except by Carter

Reactions: ElDuce

GregPickel

Staff member
Sep 20, 2021
It was a pretty ugly watch. Turley just did whatever he wanted and Washington had absolutely nothing for him. Would be shocked if we see him on Sunday at Rec Hall.

Reactions: ElDuce

ElDuce

Oct 29, 2022
It was a pretty ugly watch. Turley just did whatever he wanted and Washington had absolutely nothing for him. Would be shocked if we see him on Sunday at Rec Hall.

Bird Duck GIF

KSLion

Oct 6, 2021
If memory serves, that loss came in Starocci's first-ever varsity match and was set up when inexperienced over-aggressiveness caused him to give up a six-point move about twenty seconds into the first period. To his
credit Starocci never quit, and actually outscored Washington the rest of the way, but couldn't quite overcome
the early six-point mistake. Don't recall the final score though.

Last edited:
Reactions: LB99

Roar More

Oct 30, 2021
If memory serves, that loss came in Starocci's first-ever varsity match and was set up when inexperienced over-aggressiveness caused him to give up a six-point move about twenty seconds into the first period. To his
credit Starocci never quit, and actually outscored Washington the rest of the way, but couldn't quite overcome
Starocci would have won under current scoring rules. Alas.

SRATH

Oct 30, 2021
Carter was 18-0 his redshirt year and won the Southern Scuffle. His RSFR year, PSU had a tri meet with Northwestern and Indy. With the Covid stuff, they really didn't wrestle anything until the BT schedule so it was the end of January. Carter wrestled and won a pre match bout against a guy from Indy ( TF 18-1 ), then lost to Washington 9-10. If I recall he was down 0-6 pretty quickly. You could tell this guy was different because he fought back and had Washington on the ropes.

Carter

Reactions: Tryingtodoitright

manatree

Oct 6, 2021
To his credit Starocci never quit, and actually outscored Washington the rest of the way, but couldn't quite overcome

Starocci would have won under current scoring rules. Alas.

Why is it so hard for some people to give the opponent any credit? Washington was a RSFr with a whopping two varsity matches under his belt when he beat Carter 10-9. He took Carter down not once but twice with back points in the first period. The last time I checked, a match is the sum total of all three periods, not just the second and third. Also, I think under current scoring rules, Washington would have won 12-9.

Reactions: Jpe6Fair

Latest posts