Mater Dei HC fired

Canyon.usc

Aug 24, 2017
Other Coaches.

Hot heads. Vince Lombardi-Green Bay, Mike Ditka-Chicago, Bo Schembechler,-Mich, Mick Cronin-UCLA, Jim Harbaugh-Mich & Stanford, Roy Williams-UNC & Kansas, Lou Holtz-Notre Dame & Arkansas, Ed Orgeron LSU & USC, Steve Spurrier-Florida & South Carolina.

(n)(n)Bobby Knight & Woody Hayes; these coaches were too hot tempered for my taste.

Kool heads. Tom Osborne, Nebraska, Bill Walsh, Stanford & San Francisco, Bear Bryant-Bama, Kyle Whittingham, Utah, David Shaw-Stanford, Kalen DeBoer-UDub & Bama, Bud Wikinson-Oklahoma, LaVell Edwards-BYU, Bob DaVaney-Nebraska, John Robinson-USC, Don James-UDub, Bill Snyder-Kansas St, Mark Richt-UGA & Miami, Bud Grant-Minnesota, Don Shula-Baltimore & Miami, Bill Belichick, New England, Kirk Ferentz-Iowa, Lance Leipold, Kansas, Darrell Royal-Texas.

Like I said earlier, I preferred playing for calm & even tempered type coaches.

Last edited:
Reactions: Pudly76

uscvball

Aug 24, 2017
Kool heads. Tom Osborne, Nebraska, Bill Walsh, Stanford & San Francisco, Bear Bryant-Bama, Kyle Whittingham, Utah, David Shaw-Stanford, Kalen DeBoer-UDub & Bama, Bud Wikinson-Oklahoma, LaVell Edwards-BYU, Bob DaVaney-Nebraska, John Robinson-USC, Don James-UDub, Bill Snyder-Kansas St, Mark Richt-UGA & Miami, Bud Grant-Minnesota, Don Shula-Baltimore & Miami, Bill Belichick, New England, Kirk Ferentz-Iowa, Lance Leipold, Kansas, Darrell Royal-Texas.

Like I said earlier, I preferred playing for calm & even tempered type coaches.
Many of the "kool heads" had completely different personas inside the locker room.

Bear Bryant was a drunk and not always a nice one. He could be a hardazz with players and often came across as rude to anyone who questioned him or his coaching.

"Arians also learned from Bryant to treat his star players like they’re fifth-string. Bryant once kicked All-American nose tackle Bob Baumhower off the team for his attitude, Rouzie said.

“If an All-American and a walk-on both got in trouble, he would climb all over that All-American,” said former Alabama assistant Louis Campbell, now a high school coach in Arkansas. “He didn’t worry about who you were or what you thought of him. He’d rather get on a good player, and he knew that would make an impression more so than getting on some bad player and kind of going off on him just to go off on somebody.”

Like Bryant, Arians has learned how to manage his players on an individual basis. He knows who to yell at in front of teammates and who to pull aside."

Bear didn't like cussing but yelling at kids was common.

Didn't Belichick have a well-known temper? I think he goes off on players when not on the field. He certainly could let the refs know when he wasn't happy.

Canyon.usc

Aug 24, 2017
Many of the "kool heads" had completely different personas inside the locker room.

Bear Bryant was a drunk and not always a nice one. He could be a hardazz with players and often came across as rude to anyone who questioned him or his coaching.

"Arians also learned from Bryant to treat his star players like they’re fifth-string. Bryant once kicked All-American nose tackle Bob Baumhower off the team for his attitude, Rouzie said.

“If an All-American and a walk-on both got in trouble, he would climb all over that All-American,” said former Alabama assistant Louis Campbell, now a high school coach in Arkansas. “He didn’t worry about who you were or what you thought of him. He’d rather get on a good player, and he knew that would make an impression more so than getting on some bad player and kind of going off on him just to go off on somebody.”

Like Bryant, Arians has learned how to manage his players on an individual basis. He knows who to yell at in front of teammates and who to pull aside."

Didn't Belichick have a well-known temper? I think he goes off on players when not on the field. He certainly could let the refs know when he wasn't happy.

Sista, I thought C.Bryant handled da reporters stupid ? well. I've watched C.Bryant & Bama's games mucho times back when and found him kool and collected on da sidelines. OK, don't know how he coached in general or knew he had a drinking problem.

As for Belichick, he always looked kool and collected on game day sidelines...

Last edited:
Reactions: Rodgarnay51

Rodgarnay51

Aug 24, 2017
Sista, I thought C.Bryant handled da reporters stupid ? well. I've watched C.Bryant teams mucho times back when and found him kool and collected on da sidelines. OK, don't know how he coached in general.

As for Belichick, he always looked kool and collected on game day sidelines...
Sort of like John McKay.

Canyon.usc

Aug 24, 2017
I believe when someone, like a coach, parent, teacher, boss are calm, kool headed, understanding, caring and do not punish, yell at mistakes & errors or bad behavior dat's da right way of handling things. A coach dat yells causes more nervousness in players. Hard for players to think straight, play relaxed and execute plays.

As a player, I always played calm and relaxed in every sport I played. OK, FB I got pumped up during games. As parents, my wife and I were always gentle, loving, peaceful, never yelled, scolded, spanked, punished our daughter. We always used reason and encouragement (Christian values and ways) with her. I was brought up in a house with gentle, very loving and devout Chistian parents and grandparents. I loved my parents and grandparents. They influence me to become a loving and gentle father, grandfather & husband.

Sorry for going off da subject and rambling. It's about being calm and gentle person. I strongly feel being kind, gentle, loving and calm as a coach, spouse, parent, grandparent, friend, teammate, co-worker etc makes life so much better... Peace & Aloha

Last edited:

Canyon.usc

Aug 24, 2017
Wondering if C.Lara will get some of the top FB players from da Southbay-Long Beach area transferring to MD? Shoot St John Bosco, Serra-Gardena, LB Poly have a stronghold & get da top SB-LB players.

The 3 major areas for FB talent in SS CIF: #1 = Southbay-Long Beach, #2 Orange County, #3 San Fernando Valley. And, San Bernardino and Riverside are behind these 3 areas...

Last edited:

BlemBlam

Aug 24, 2017

Did you watch the Patriots Dynasy series? I think it’s on Apple TV
Also the one with him and Nick Saban together was great I thought. They both have god sense of humor

Latest posts