Matt Rhule has his guys

c-huskerman32

Jun 1, 2022
Most of Rhule’s assistant coaches have followed him throughout the years. 7 of his assistants at Baylor followed him to Carolina: Jeff Nixon (Co-OC and RB), Frank Okam (D line), Mike Siravo (linebackers and recruiting coordinator and special teams), Phil Snow(DC), Evan Cooper(player personnel and Cornerbacks), Frisman Jackson (wide receivers, now with the Steelers).

Ed Foley has been with him in every stop as well in various roles, Fran Brown (DB coach) is currently at Georgia, Glenn Thomas is OC and QB coach at Arizona State and was at Baylor with Rhule, Shawn Bell is still at Baylor and coached O line and Tight ends, Elijah Robinson also coached D line with Rhule currently at A&M but was at Baylor with Rhule. All of these guys were at Baylor at some point if not for all of Rhule and quite a few were at Temple as well.

Last edited:
Reactions: HuskerLizard

JMONe

Sep 20, 2022
Interesting fact: last time Huskers shut out Sept 21, 1996 by Arizona St 19-0. Husker QB Scott Frost - ASU DC - Phil Snow (Matt Rhule’s DC @ Temple, Baylor then Carolina).

Attachments

• 892D51B3-FC34-414C-B908-0C77216CE82B.png
    892D51B3-FC34-414C-B908-0C77216CE82B.png
    143.6 KB · Views: 10

GirlKnowsFootball22

May 31, 2022
Yes I agree. But I also think some of these guys have moved up in their careers and may not come back down to coach with Rhule this time around. I don’t see Frisman leaving the Steelers to coach Nebraska. I don’t see the AZSt OC becoming a co-oc again with the guy from SC we just hired. So I think yes, Rhule will go get a lot of guys he has worked with before but there will also be some new guys or current NU staff mixed in.
It’s looking like Jeremy Scott is staying in the NFL for now but the guy we got has worked with Scott and Rhule for years and has been being groomed for his own staff.

If you look at all the position coaches Rhule has worked with between Temple, Baylor, NFL, there’s a few positions that may not have a guy he can get at Nebraska. WR is one of those. He has had Terry Smith (penn state), Frisman Jackson (Steelers), & Joe Dailey (Carolina) on his last few staffs. I don’t see Terry leaving Penn State for us. Plus he makes really good money. Like I said, I think Frisman stays in the NFL. Could we get Joe Daily? Maybe but he has been an NFL coach and hasn’t really proven much in college nor has he proven his ability to recruit.

I think Jeff Nixon is the RB coach if he wants the job. But he’s one who has moved up to more responsibilities and big money so he would demand that here along with some other titles.

OL is another position there’s not really a good option for. Here’s his coaches and their current status:
OL/Allen Mogridge (USF) George Deleone (deceased), Shawn Bell (Baylor qb) Pat Meyer (Steelers), James Campen (Carolina)
Those last two guys are NFL guys who stick in the NFL. That leaves us with Mogridge or Bell. Bell has had limited OL coaching experience and has really moved around to lots of positions. Makes me wonder if Rhule doesn’t bring someone new in for that spot.

At DC Phil Snow is nearing 70. Does he want this job? Or does he hang it up? If he chooses to hang it up you have to think Geoff Collins gets a look. But he made over 3mill at GT. Does he take a DC job for 1mill? Or does he get another HC job at a group of 5?