May have dodged a bullet on Jefferson

Prestonyte

Jun 1, 2022
Just a character glimpse.
Who waits a year to pay a ticket for reckless driving at 100 mph? Did he think it would just go away?

Mar 24, 2022
Yes.When people get a ticket in another state they think it won’t follow them.Formerly being in the insurance business I can tell you that those things eventually make their way to your record.

Reactions: Prestonyte

18IsTheMan

Jan 19, 2022
I'm glad we didn't bring him in simply b/c I don't want to fall into the trap of brining in one year or two year guys from the portal and always be turning over the position.

Reactions: LonghornsGamecocks

Prestonyte

Jun 1, 2022
Yes.When people get a ticket in another state they think it won’t follow them.Formerly being in the insurance business I can tell you that those things eventually make their way to your record.
I wondered, since he was the current QB at Arky at the time, if maybe he thought it would get ''taken care'' of or ''just go away''.
Now that he's gone to UCF, the locals went looking for the ''scoundrel''.

adcoop

Jul 3, 2023
Sometimes the courts are that slow in getting around to it. Nothing here says Jefferson was trying to avoid the ticket in any way. Like a previous poster said, this ticket was probably buried at the bottom of the stack never to be heard from again and when Jefferson transferred the ticket resurfaces all of the sudden.

Reactions: Rogue Cock
Feb 24, 2024
I'm glad we didn't bring him in simply b/c I don't want to fall into the trap of brining in one year or two year guys from the portal and always be turning over the position.
I also, perhaps foolishly, believe that bringing in a presumptive starter would hamper Sellers' development. And all of my Gamecocks hopes and dreams are on Lanorris Sellers 🫣

Reactions: 92Pony

Rogue Cock

Joined Sep 11, 2000
Jan 22, 2022
I also, perhaps foolishly, believe that bringing in a presumptive starter would hamper Sellers' development. And all of my Gamecocks hopes and dreams are on Lanorris Sellers 🫣
Bringing in an experienced QB with exactly the same skillset as Sellers would hamper Sellers' development????? Are you serious? If anything Sellers could learn a ton from him. Putting your hopes and dreams on a QB who has thrown 4 passes on this level (all against Furman) is not smart.

18IsTheMan

Jan 19, 2022

I don't know what to make of Sellers yet. We have only a handful of snaps to judge him (albeit some very good looking snaps). It's just my opinion, but I think he'll be very good.

Fans have such short memories. With the portal, it's now unthinkable for many fans that a team should be playing a RS freshman at QB. Pre-portal, that was just life. The experienced guy left and the inexperienced guy took over. Now folks perpetually want a 3-year starter at QB.

Feb 24, 2024
Putting your hopes and dreams on a QB who has thrown 4 passes on this level (all against Furman) is not smart.
While I have high hopes for LaNorris, my comment was intended to be playful and in jest, highlighted by the sheepish emoji.

I haven't learned my lesson after all these years that humor doesn't translate well via text.

18IsTheMan

Jan 19, 2022
While I have high hopes for LaNorris, my comment was intended to be playful and in jest, highlighted by the sheepish emoji.

I haven't learned my lesson after all these years that humor doesn't translate well via text.

I understood your comment. But I also think it's ok to be excited about a promising young player.

Is this what college football has become? We can't be excited about our own recruits? That was the norm for decades. Now some fans pee their pants if you're not starting a grizzled veteran under center every single year.

We'll be fine. Nobody in the history of college football ever started a game before they started a game.

Rogue Cock

Joined Sep 11, 2000
Jan 22, 2022

Gotcha. I just thought not recruiting KJ was short-sighted, especially since he will only be available for a year and he evidently had a good relationship with Loggains.

Mar 24, 2022
Turning down the chance at a player who is proven and laying all your money on an unproven player,well I hope it pays off.
I’m certainly pulling for LaNorris.Shane just might betting his job on it.

Big JC

May 12, 2023
Turning down the chance at a player who is proven and laying all your money on an unproven player,well I hope it pays off.
I’m certainly pulling for LaNorris.Shane just might betting his job on it.
Shane isn't worried about his job at all. He hears all the "he needs 7 or 8 years to turn things around" talk and smiles.

Latest posts