Maybe Alabama Should Stop Pulling Coaches From Washington? SIAP

BlemBlam

Aug 24, 2017
First they hire Mike Price who never coaches a a game, and now De Boer is in the isht.

Does anyone think this could jeopardize his job? Price got got because he went to a strip club on their dime, how can this not be worse?

uscvball

Aug 24, 2017
They are already using plausible deniability. When something like this gets reported, the official line for the HC is always, "we didn't know about that".....although in this case, he was suspended prior to being re-instated.

All that aside, when has a case of sexual assault allegations against a player ever resulted in a coach being fired? The closest anyone has come I think is Urban Cryer and Les Miles. Mel Tucker was fired but he was the one alleged to having done the assaulting. I still don't believe that universities really give a rip about this stuff.

BlemBlam

Aug 24, 2017
They are already using plausible deniability. When something like this gets reported, the official line for the HC is always, "we didn't know about that".....although in this case, he was suspended prior to being re-instated.

All that aside, when has a case of sexual assault allegations against a player ever resulted in a coach being fired? The closest anyone has come I think is Urban Cryer and Les Miles. Mel Tucker was fired but he was the one alleged to having done the assaulting. I still don't believe that universities really give a rip about this stuff.
Yeah, I guess Kirby should have reinstated Adam Anderson too? But you kinda made my point. It’s the convenient reinstatement that makes me question it.

I’m not sure plausible deniability works here.

uscvball

Aug 24, 2017
Yeah, I guess Kirby should have reinstated Adam Anderson too? But you kinda made my point. It’s the convenient reinstatement that makes me question it.

I’m not sure plausible deniability works here.
He eventually took an Alford plea and got sentenced to one year. I'm 50/50 as to whether the charges with him were 100% legit. He just wasn't going to have a favorable outcome with a jury. It matters nothing really but AA was more valuable to UGA at the time than this player was for UDub. He wasn't worth the cover up.

I don't think plausible deniability should work but it probably will. Grubb only discussed "off the field" issues he was working through and the emails circulating around the athletic department saying he should be taken off the playing roster never gave a reason why. Washington can't allow DeBoer to get thrown under the bus because this is a Title IX case and they are up for litigation.

It's disappointing because both alleged victims reported it within a few days of the incidents and did what they were supposed to do.

BlemBlam

Aug 24, 2017
He eventually took an Alford plea and got sentenced to one year. I'm 50/50 as to whether the charges with him were 100% legit. He just wasn't going to have a favorable outcome with a jury. It matters nothing really but AA was more valuable to UGA at the time than this player was for UDub. He wasn't worth the cover up.

I don't think plausible deniability should work but it probably will. Grubb only discussed "off the field" issues he was working through and the emails circulating around the athletic department saying he should be taken off the playing roster never gave a reason why. Washington can't allow DeBoer to get thrown under the bus because this is a Title IX case and they are up for litigation.

It's disappointing because both alleged victims reported it within a few days of the incidents and did what they were supposed to do.
How can Washington keep him from getting thrown under the bus at Alabama?

uscvball

Aug 24, 2017
How can Washington keep him from getting thrown under the bus at Alabama?
What I'm saying is they won't give him up to save themselves. Nothing is going to happen to him at Alabama. Their AD is using the "moving right along" language.

Pudly76

Jan 31, 2018

Wasn’t the Baylor coach sent packing for covering up sexual assault allegations?

BlemBlam

Aug 24, 2017
Wasn’t the Baylor coach sent packing for covering up sexual assault allegations?
And I think some heads rolled at LSU too. Including Ogre with the cushy landing.

” You’re gonna pay me how much to go away? Where do I sign and do I go out the front or the back door?”

• Haha
Reactions: Pudly76

uscvball

Aug 24, 2017
True, Art Briles did get the boot.

And I think some heads rolled at LSU too. Including Ogre with the cushy landing.

” You’re gonna pay me how much to go away? Where do I sign and do I go out the front or the back door?”
I did mention Les Miles. Orgeron had SO many issues. He was out the door with player sexual assaults being the least of his worries.

BlemBlam

Aug 24, 2017
True, Art Briles did get the boot.

I did mention Les Miles. Orgeron had SO many issues. He was out the door with player sexual assaults being the least of his worries.
I didn't realize Miles was let go under a cloud. I thought they just got tired of his good but not great seasons.

Latest posts