MBB: With 8 games left, what record gets us into the NCAAT?

18IsTheMan

Jan 19, 2022
I know it's a long shot at this point, but still theoretically possible. If we were to make it just on our regular season record alone, what would it take in our last 8 games (considering we have a number of quality opponents left)? 8-0? 7-1? 6-2? 5-3 or worse I would assume would also require some SECT wins.

Is there a combination of wins from the remaining regular season schedule and the SECT that could get us in?

GuitarCock

Jan 25, 2022
I know it's a long shot at this point, but still theoretically possible. If we were to make it just on our regular season record alone, what would it take in our last 8 games (considering we have a number of quality opponents left)? 8-0? 7-1? 6-2? 5-3 or worse I would assume would also require some SECT wins.

Is there a combination of wins from the remaining regular season schedule and the SECT that could get us in?

Jon Snow

Joined Dec 17, 2012
Jan 18, 2022
While it may be mathematically possible, I don't think its possible in theory. But, to address your scenario: I think 7-1 down the stretch might get us in. That leaves us 11-7 in conference, 20-10 overall. We may still need some SECT help, but we'd be firmly in the discussion.

Reactions: 18IsTheMan

Viennacock

Jan 21, 2022
While it may be mathematically possible, I don't think its possible in theory. But, to address your scenario: I think 7-1 down the stretch might get us in. That leaves us 11-7 in conference, 20-10 overall. We may still need some SECT help, but we'd be firmly in the discussion.
Need to win the SEC tournament to get in. I said it months ago and stand by it.

1vagamecock

Jan 19, 2022
After the Kentucky loss this week I think we would have to win them all. If we lose to Georgia, we can start looking for a coach.

LBGCOCK

Joined Feb 16, 2020
Jan 22, 2022
This. 7-1 and would probably need to win 2 in the conference tournament.

Dod Rangerfield

Jan 30, 2022

HOLY CRAP!!

Blues man

Joined Jul 1, 2009
Jan 22, 2022
Im thinking 6 wins and 2 tournament wins might get us in as long as there arent that many upsets in other conference tournaments. That's always the kicker ain't it? Good news is we have an equal or better record against 6 of the 8 teams left on the schedule. If we were to somehow get by UK this week, that would be huge. Hard to see that happening tho.

gsb16

Feb 7, 2022
Probably have to win at least 9, and include wins over some top half teams. That's at least 5 wins out of the 8 remaining. I would be SHOCKED if that were to happen. I really don't see it as a possiblity. And, if we go 9-9, we'd also likely have to win 2 in the SECT.

vacock

Joined Oct 26, 1998 • Garnet Trust Supporter
Jan 20, 2022
Are the MBB players engaged in winning or are they ready for an early vacation? I don’t see a way that they get into any post season tournament, unfortunately.

Harvard Gamecock

Jan 20, 2022
Are the MBB players engaged in winning or are they ready for an early vacation? I don’t see a way that they get into any post season tournament, unfortunately.
But let's ask ourselves a honest question. Would it in fact be unfortunate if we did not make the post season.
Should we make post season that insures no less than three more years of FM staying on. At this point, only the most rigid of FM backers can be satisfied at where we are as a program during his tenure.
A change is needed, and the sooner all come to this realization, then the sooner some real progress can begin.

Reactions: Legendary Cock

Legendary Cock

Joined Aug 6, 2014
Jan 22, 2022
But let's ask ourselves a honest question. Would it in fact be unfortunate if we did not make the post season.
Should we make post season that insures no less than three more years of FM staying on. At this point, only the most rigid of FM backers can be satisfied at where we are as a program during his tenure.
A change is needed, and the sooner all come to this realization, then the sooner some real progress can begin.
A very tough -- and maybe unpopular -- question. Bit many of us would be liars if we denied ever thinking this way.

One on hand, we as fans want to win every game all the time. But as you said, many of us are beyond ready for a change and sneaking in the back door this one time would maybe feel like delaying the inevitable.

Reactions: Harvard Gamecock

Viennacock

Jan 21, 2022
They are ready for Frank to pack his bags.

Last edited: