MC @ JCA

pjjp

All-Conference
Aug 26, 2001
5,806
3,082
113
Well, MC just beat Provi 49-14. Provi beat JCA 27-0. It seemed like Lynch went easy on the Hilltoppers last year. It will depend on how he wants to play it.
 
  • Like
Reactions: AlabamaTimberwolf

pjjp

All-Conference
Aug 26, 2001
5,806
3,082
113
MC has played a very difficult schedule, and they have Loyola next week. I would encourage Lynch to rest his starters. He doesn’t want anyone getting hurt before the LA game and the playoffs.
 
  • Like
Reactions: CCHS-Fan

McCaravan

All-American
Feb 1, 2016
5,315
8,283
113
With all due respect to out Carmelite brothers I like MC by 4 scores. I don't think JCA secondary can keep up with the MC passing attack. Thorton, Burrell and now Kennedy (TE) have been a load. Actually Kennedy has been become more of a threat then Burrell....I also think MC defensive problems have been more with the pass and they have been pretty good vs the run. Also I think Winters is back which will help. MC 42-14
 

pjjp

All-Conference
Aug 26, 2001
5,806
3,082
113
With all due respect to out Carmelite brothers I like MC by 4 scores. I don't think JCA secondary can keep up with the MC passing attack. Thorton, Burrell and now Kennedy (TE) have been a load. Actually Kennedy has been become more of a threat then Burrell....I also think MC defensive problems have been more with the pass and they have been pretty good vs the run. Also I think Winters is back which will help. MC 42-14
They can name the score. There are levels in the CCL. They are numerous levels above the Hilltoppers.
 
  • Like
Reactions: CCHS-Fan

OnVikings!

Senior
Nov 15, 2024
284
438
57
Unless JCA’s offense has improved, this will be a one sided game. No disrespect to the Hilltoppers, but their own fans said the offense was horrendous this year.
 

4Afan

All-Conference
Sep 15, 2001
4,690
4,178
113
No doubt. Why wait for the game to get out of hand before playing that depth? Let them play from the get go. Some refer to playing the reserves as the secret sauce that keeps a program strong.
Might need those starters in case it's 4th and 22 while up 28 in the 4th.
 

pjjp

All-Conference
Aug 26, 2001
5,806
3,082
113
The big three (LA, BR and MC) sit atop the CCL. No crossover games have been close thus far. Here are some of the scores of games against teams that some may have thought could be close:

BR 43 STF 0
BR 42 Fenwick 21
LA 31 Rita 0
LA 38 Ignatius 7
MC 35 Naz 7
MC 49 Provi 14

Congratulations to Fenwick. They came the "closest" in one of these higher level crossover match ups in losing by "only" 3 TDs. The reality is: no one is close to these teams, including Marist, at least this year. Let's see if IC can keep it competitive against LA. I have my doubts. But, at this point, I would say IC is the fourth best team in the conference, so maybe they will surprise me and play LA tough. As for this MC/JCA game, it will be like all the other crossovers against the big three. It won't be close.
 

MustangManiac

Redshirt
Jul 9, 2025
6
0
3
With all due respect to out Carmelite brothers I like MC by 4 scores. I don't think JCA secondary can keep up with the MC passing attack. Thorton, Burrell and now Kennedy (TE) have been a load. Actually Kennedy has been become more of a threat then Burrell....I also think MC defensive problems have been more with the pass and they have been pretty good vs the run. Also I think Winters is back which will help. MC 42-14
May I please ask why on a defense with BoneCrusher & Harrington & Igwebuike & like 5 other D-1 recruits the loss of this poor 5-10 180 lb Winters kid with zero offers is being fingered as the savior of the Mt Carmel defense & his absence the reason they lost 2 games? GTFOH
 
  • Wow
Reactions: LWN_Pheonix

McCaravan

All-American
Feb 1, 2016
5,315
8,283
113
May I please ask why on a defense with BoneCrusher & Harrington & Igwebuike & like 5 other D-1 recruits the loss of this poor 5-10 180 lb Winters kid with zero offers is being fingered as the savior of the Mt Carmel defense & his absence the reason they lost 2 games? GTFOH
Yes you may ask. I said having Winters back will help. Never did I say he will be the savior. He will help because he is a very reliable tackler, disciplined player, and team Captain, so having him back will help.

You've made 6 posts, 5 are busts on MC, 1 is a bust on BR. None are in support for the team you claim to be a Maniac for. Some of the people come on this board strictly to bust on MC rather then talk football or support their team and it's laughable.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Silver Rain

LWN_Pheonix

Senior
Oct 30, 2023
982
784
93
Yes you may ask. I said having Winters back will help. Never did I say he will be the savior. He will help because he is a very reliable tackler, disciplined player, and team Captain, so having him back will help.

You've made 6 posts, 5 are busts on MC, 1 is a bust on BR. None are in support for the team you claim to be a Maniac for. Some of the people come on this board strictly to bust on MC rather then talk football or support their team and it's laughable.
I believe that some of the posters on here have had a lifetime of Velcro as their shoelaces… if you catch my drift
 
  • Like
Reactions: McCaravan
Edgy Tim

Latest

  1. 01 Edgy Tim Football Watch Live Tonight: WJOL Pigskin Preview
  2. 02 Edgy Tim Football Preview: Week 8 Top Games to Watch
  3. 03 CaneSport football recruiting Miami 'pretty high on the board' for Top 100 2028 WR Marshaun Thornton
  4. 04 Edgy Tim Football RB Banire checked out Illinois
  5. 05 Edgy Tim Football OL Thompson has visits planned