MD game

Coach Lun

Oct 30, 2021
Who is coming in town for the MD game? Maybe we can get a BWI/McAndrew retirement get together before the game.
I was definitely glad to see us play better football last night. I was expecting a 45-10 type game. The D was tough, as was Clifford. However, the lack of development on the OL and the overall poor run game over the last 4 years has been a major disappointment.
Hopefully we can finish down the stretch with 3-4 more wins. Not giving up hope. Go State.

CyphaPSU

Oct 25, 2021
I agree about the offensive line development being a disappointment over the last few years. It does not seem to matter who is coaching them. While they definitely have had some recruiting misses on the line, they have still brought in a fair share of blue-chip recruits they seem to struggle with developing. In other words, the reasonable expectation is that the line overall as a unit should probably look better than it does (if we believe in recruiting service evals), and this deficiency becomes costly against good teams.

Reactions: Psu00 and Coach Lun

dcf4psu

Oct 25, 2021
I believe that the Maryland game is the biggest game in Franklin's tenure at Penn State. If they perform against Maryland like they did against Illinois and to be honest it wouldn't surprise me if they did then things could really head south with the program.

Reactions: Psu00

PSUHammering1

Oct 7, 2021
Who is coming in town for the MD game? Maybe we can get a BWI/McAndrew retirement get together before the game.
I was definitely glad to see us play better football last night. I was expecting a 45-10 type game. The D was tough, as was Clifford. However, the lack of development on the OL and the overall poor run game over the last 4 years has been a major disappointment.
Hopefully we can finish down the stretch with 3-4 more wins. Not giving up hope. Go State.
Coming in for game but now wish I didn't have tickets. Although I do like military appreciation games/events.

1995PSUGrad

Oct 30, 2021
I believe that the Maryland game is the biggest game in Franklin's tenure at Penn State. If they perform against Maryland like they did against Illinois and to be honest it wouldn't surprise me if they did then things could really head south with the program.
Or they could play well and get a win. I guess it just depends on your outlook on things.

blion72

Oct 30, 2021
Losing the Illinois game, which is arguably the worst team in the BIG, put some extra pressure on the team. Sean Clifford is still not close to his normal self. His long passing is compromised and he does not run - and the defense knows this. I hope he is getting better each week as he plays. I think this is one of the keys for our offense. It was good to see Lee run, as he looks like he at least is healthy.

Maryland at least is more like an OSU offense with the key being the passing. Their QB depends on running the ball as a key part of the game. Our D should be able to control this team, but again we have to come to play. Md defense seems to depend on QB sacks, so hope our OL is ready for them. My key to the game is if we are putting the Md QB on the ground and hurting him, and SC is NOT getting sacked and running the ball - we will win.

This has been a very tough season, and other than Nova, we have not really had weeks where we could take off and still win. If we play our normal game, we should beat them by 10-14 pts. If we have a down week, and they play their best game of the year, then we will lose. There is a revenge factor from last year, as they caught us at the right time = we were sleeping.